I sure hope someone somewhere is preparing for November

News and events of the day
Libertas

I sure hope someone somewhere is preparing for November

Post by Libertas »

when red states are going to refuse to certify any election they lose where they control the election process.

They will be under orders from traitor rump to do this and I hope everybody realizes this will happen.

Relying on the courts can be tricky when some of the judges are MAGA terrorists, but the bigger concern is the civil unrest that will start as the legal system takes time.

We know this will happen, so I sure hope all of us are thinking about this and I hope the DOJ and WH and others are too, but I dont know...

So far all I can think of is make sure to call stock broker two weeks before and move all investments out of the market for that period of time. I wanted to do this recently before the current loss occurred but I figured it was my patriotic duty not to, if everybody does that the market crashes.

But I dont see how I can risk it in November. I just dont. I will change my mind if I am convinced our government and PEOPLE are expecting this and preparing for it.

(We got a glimpse of it the other day when in a special election the R got 30% of the vote and refused to concede, said there was voter fraud. I dont know if the terrorist party controls the elections where that happened, I will try and find out, I assume not).

ps

Hopefully behind us are the days when NO MATTER what concern someone has about the GOP is not dismissed or called an over reaction. That we know they are capable of ANYTHING and extreme violence. I know on DU I was called RIDICULOUS for suggesting that most Americans DONT know how bad the situation is, and that maybe a well known dem needs to go on CNN or MSNBC and appear to accidentally use the F word while discussing how close to fascism we are. This person would actually rehearse it and plan on it and maybe it would make national attention and maybe it wouldn't. If you have A BETTER IDEA please tell me.

Because either 98% of Americans will vote in November OR far too many have NO IDEA the situation we are in, right?
I sigh in your general direction.
ProfX

Re: I sure hope someone somewhere is preparing for November

Post by ProfX »

Reality: Americans have always voted in lower numbers during midterm elections than presidential years. I think this is a mistake, but ... these elections are just as important.

Also, in general, it's a historical trend that these midterms usually see a reversal for the party in power, which at this moment is the Dems.

Now all that said, like I always emphasize, like they said in Terminator 2, "there is no Fate but what we make ourselves".

I am not proposing fatalism or pessimism, but working harder than ever knowing these realities are the case. I also think we would be better off passing some voting rights legislation before November, but I wouldn't count on it happening.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Re: I sure hope someone somewhere is preparing for November

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:20 pm Reality: Americans have always voted in lower numbers during midterm elections than presidential years. I think this is a mistake, but ... these elections are just as important.

Also, in general, it's a historical trend that these midterms usually see a reversal for the party in power, which at this moment is the Dems.

Now all that said, like I always emphasize, like they said in Terminator 2, "there is no Fate but what we make ourselves".

I am not proposing fatalism or pessimism, but working harder than ever knowing these realities are the case. I also think we would be better off passing some voting rights legislation before November, but I wouldn't count on it happening.
You understand me better than most.

Today I was REALLY frustrated, you and I have a common friend who calls Randi weekly and today when he was saying bye to the folks on the chat, he said he was on his way "over to "Nicole now!."

What the FUCK? Nicole Sandler the one who DAILY bashes all mainstream Democrats including Hillary, STILL!

That Nicole?

I didnt say that, but I was God damn angry.

And another friend, IRL who I grew up with who is supposed to be a liberal was having problems with smogging his 2000 Toyota PU and he is going back and forth and paying fees and being told it won't pass by 3 different smog stations. Then he says they are all just out to get his money. And I had to push back and say the whole reason we do it is to save the air and planet, but HE was being inconvenienced, so he was ready to throw the whole process of smogging vehicles under the bus. He does have some narcissism and so he does have issues, but I just wanted to hang up on him.

Oh and for the record not that long ago I had to go through this with my wife's BMW because I made the decision to sell to a private party and I had to take it back twice driving it in increments in between to try to get the thing to reset and it was no fun and I hated it but at no point did I think maybe we should do away with the whole fucking process because I was being inconvenienced. What I DID decide was now that I am selling my vehicle and getting a new one I will trade it in or sell it to Carvana or one of those so i can avoid that and avoid all of that. Turns out my car is worth far more than i thought it was.
I sigh in your general direction.