You've Been Lied To

News and events of the day
Number6

You've Been Lied To

Post by Number6 »

I doubt our board conservatives will watch this "You've Been Lied To" video from James Killen. Killen addresses the video to young conservatives who he was like 20 years ago but realized what conservatives told him was a lie. It's just over eight minutes long but it's definitely worth watching.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/6 ... es-Head-On
When you vote left, you vote right.
Libertas

Re: You've Been Lied To

Post by Libertas »

Thanks

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/ ... ztLpEixUBQ

US is worried about Russia using new efforts to exploit divisions in 2022 midterms
Something better happen and now and big. How easy will it be for Russia and GOP to manipulate that 100 million who dont vote...
I sigh in your general direction.
bradman

Post by bradman »

The salient point comes in somewhere around 2:55 in.

We are on our way to becoming a minority. Have been for awhile now.

Most of the blame i put on the on the Lutherans. If it hadn't been for faith and faith alone, we'd still be popping them out for the Pope. If we'd just followed the one true religion, Catholicism, we'd not be headed towards the minority we are becoming. Boo!

Like some have mentioned before....
You better hope their god treats us better than our gods did them.

Thanks for posting it 6. By the end of it, he had my heart.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Conservatism is a scam.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ZoWie »

The only major victory of the right is its control of information sources. That has led to most of the other success they've had. Most importantly, it has been very effective in demoralizing the center-left majority.

This majority still exists, and that's easy to verify. This year Juneteenth went from a big occasion in the African American community to a full national commemoration of liberation. You might have noticed that the stock market, that mighty temple of capitalism, is closed today in observance. Meanwhile Pride Month is so mainstream that it's featured in corporate TV commercials and observances at baseball games.

Another example is the general success of progressives in the LA elections, even in the relatively conservative rich districts. That last-minute upset for Karen Bass in the mayor primary was especially surprising. She's in a runoff, but early returns had the mainstream real estate developer and his megabuck ad campaign winning easily. Big shocker there for smug uber-capitalist LA.

Obviously there's still consciousness in this country. Nice, but where's the action?
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22