Just a "riot?" No planning or coordination?

News and events of the day
Drak

Re: Just a "riot?" No planning or coordination?

Post by Drak »

Kyle Cheney - Verified
@kyledcheney
SCOOP: Kamala Harris was INSIDE the DNC headquarters when a pipe bomb was discovereredon Jan. 6, 2021, multiple sources tell POLITICO.

Her presence in the building, with a live pipe bomb right outside, was not previously known.

STORY TK w/
@woodruffbets

@ccadelago
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:36 pm Anyone STILL saying it was a riot and not planned is as armed and fascist as a 1942 Nazi soldier.

More dangerous too.
More dangerous because Nazis never had any power here. Depraved confederates and other WSs like Glennfs did and still do, and they want it back.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

gounion wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:20 pm Sadly, there's very few Profiles in Courage in the GOP these days.
It's disappointing. They were calling for Republican blood that day, too. Some were screaming they wanted to hang Mike Pence. Others said they wanted the head of Mitch McConnell. Apparently for not being willing to challenge the results.

But, as Democrats today largely spoke out about what happened that day (and their stories continue to be chilling, like the ones that had to hide in all kinds of crazy hiding places as people screamed for their blood) ... GOP ... who at least in the few days after, were also willing to speak out about how they were impacted by these events, too ... were largely absent at the commemorations.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:20 pm It's disappointing. They were calling for Republican blood that day, too. Some were screaming they wanted to hang Mike Pence. Others said they wanted the head of Mitch McConnell. Apparently for not being willing to challenge the results.

But, as Democrats today largely spoke out about what happened that day (and their stories continue to be chilling, like the ones that had to hide in all kinds of crazy hiding places as people screamed for their blood) ... GOP ... who at least in the few days after, were also willing to speak out about how they were impacted by these events, too ... were largely absent at the commemorations.
It is CLEAR as fucking can be the GOP is going to attack this country in November and after that.

The first OBVIOUS thing they are going to do is refuse to certify any election they lose. I wish people would TALK about this on TV and in government and let us know that at least they understand what is coming!
I sigh in your general direction.
Drak

Post by Drak »

I heard Karl Rove put out a piece today condemning Jan 6th. Is that true? I haven't looked. I guess I can go fishing.

ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Dick Cheney visits Capitol for Jan. 6, criticizes GOP leadership
https://thehill.com/policy/national-sec ... leadership

... Not become his fan, anymore than I have his daughter, or Mitt Romney. BUT. I can respect their stance, and here I do.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
gounion

Post by gounion »

ProfX wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:28 pm Dick Cheney visits Capitol for Jan. 6, criticizes GOP leadership
https://thehill.com/policy/national-sec ... leadership

... Not become his fan, anymore than I have his daughter, or Mitt Romney. BUT. I can respect their stance, and here I do.
To me, Liz Cheney is the ONLY Republican that has exhibited undeniable and complete moral courage about January 6th. No, I'm not a fan of her politics, but she has been the ONLY Republican that has put the Constitution and our elections first.

And Glenn has attacked her for it.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:34 pm To me, Liz Cheney is the ONLY Republican that has exhibited undeniable and complete moral courage about January 6th. No, I'm not a fan of her politics, but she has been the ONLY Republican that has put the Constitution and our elections first.

And Glenn has attacked her for it.
Of course board con has attacked her. She is getting in the way of white supremacy on steroids.

It is now time for W to call for a presser and he needs to call trump and his associates out as the criminals they are. He might be able to save America, all by himself.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Libertas wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:42 pm Of course board con has attacked her. She is getting in the way of white supremacy on steroids.

It is now time for W to call for a presser and he needs to call trump and his associates out as the criminals they are. He might be able to save America, all by himself.
I agree! Where is GW Bush?

But then, he was never known for having any courage, was he?
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:45 pm I agree! Where is GW Bush?

But then, he was never known for having any courage, was he?
His wife Laura has a twitter acct so I tweeted to her, nicely asking her to ask him to do this.

Then I tweeted his library. Sure, most GOP are unreachable traitors including those we know personally, but some can be reasoned with maybe, he has to try.

Not about votes, it is about changing the attitude so it is SAFER for others to oppose the murderous traitor and SAFER for the media to tell the truth.
gounion

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Bari Weiss: oh but they were just trying to save democracy, tho!

Josh Kraushaar
@HotlineJosh

"It is now an article of faith on the left that these [Jan. 6] goons were determined to 'destroy democracy.' But that wasn’t their actual intent. They believed Trump’s story. They believed they were saving democracy from a coup."

[LINK: Bari Weiss's stupid substack. Not linking to that trash.]

https://twitter.com/HotlineJosh/status/ ... 3606288401

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by marindem01 »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:33 pm Bari Weiss: oh but they were just trying to save democracy, tho!

Josh Kraushaar
@HotlineJosh

"It is now an article of faith on the left that these [Jan. 6] goons were determined to 'destroy democracy.' But that wasn’t their actual intent. They believed Trump’s story. They believed they were saving democracy from a coup."

[LINK: Bari Weiss's stupid substack. Not linking to that trash.]

https://twitter.com/HotlineJosh/status/ ... 3606288401
Bringing firearms and I.E.D.'s to the Capitol is not the act of rioters.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

marindem01 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:35 pm Bringing firearms and I.E.D.'s to the Capitol is not the act of rioters.
Bari Weiss is a white-victimhood fascist.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

Not just firearms. They had ladders, battering rams, military equipment and knew exactly where to breach and enter.

ProfX

Post by ProfX »

She wrote a (IMHO fairly decent) book on anti-Semitism.

But now she's basically defending the kind of people who shot up the Tree of Life Synagogue.

You do know one of the Capitol rioters was wearing this - right, Bari?

Chuck Schumer said today he heard some of them screaming "Get the Jew!"

C'mon Bari. Stop voting for Thanksgiving. These people are not your friends.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

The foot soldiers came with full awareness of their mission, and with well researched plans on how to carry it out.

Nothing regarding ultimate culpability is written in stone until when and if the House committee gives its report on what it knows about the war rooms and the chatter leading up to the coup. Right now the best bet is that the coup came straight from the top, or the from the next echelon down with tacit approval from the top.

Flynn is an underestimated player in all this. Recent evidence has leaked out which builds a strong case that he is a traitor, who is either totally compromised by Russian intelligence, or who just seeks power. Either way, he believes some stuff that can best be described as totally bonkers.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Drak

Post by Drak »

ZoWie wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:49 pm

Flynn is an underestimated player in all this. Recent evidence has leaked out which builds a strong case that he is a traitor, who is either totally compromised by Russian intelligence, or who just seeks power. Either way, he believes some stuff that can best be described as totally bonkers.

Definitely an RU asset. One that seeks power. I think Roger Stone is now suggesting he run for president.

carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:45 pm She wrote a (IMHO fairly decent) book on anti-Semitism.

But now she's basically defending the kind of people who shot up the Tree of Life Synagogue.
Like Walter White, Candace Owens, Enrique Tarrio, Andy Ngo, and Christian Walker, she is a paid-off propagandist for white nationalism.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Garrison Hayes
@garrison_hayes

I was there on #Jan6.
They were singing Christian worship songs next to a gallows.

That image still haunts me.

https://twitter.com/garrison_hayes/stat ... 6331951105

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Number6 »

What two words are republicans saying to each other today, Jan 6, 2022>

Happy Anniversary!
When you vote left, you vote right.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:33 pm Garrison Hayes
@garrison_hayes

I was there on #Jan6.
They were singing Christian worship songs next to a gallows.

That image still haunts me.

https://twitter.com/garrison_hayes/stat ... 6331951105
I have to stay off social media, too dangerous. Rank and file republicans are now fully on board with a violent and murderous takeover of the government and I have a big mouth.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

We've been telling people about these seditious conservative whites and their feckless "moderate" court jester collaborators since the Silent Majority era, since the Reagan-Bush era, since the DLC era, since the teaparty era, since the current Trump era.

So, I'm not clear on why anyone is suprised by their behavior.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Dick Cheney, war criminal, endorsed Donald Trump in 2016 and 2020. Liz Cheney voted for him in 2020.

F. them.

Dick Cheney to appear at Trump 2020 fundraiser as Republican establishment bows to president - Independent

F. both of these grandstanding white cons. They are directly responsible for this.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:29 pm Dick Cheney, war criminal, endorsed Donald Trump in 2016 and 2020. Liz Cheney voted for him in 2020.

F. them.

Dick Cheney to appear at Trump 2020 fundraiser as Republican establishment bows to president - Independent

F. both of these grandstanding white cons. They are directly responsible for this.
True, and if W did hold a presser and called out trmp and maga it could make a difference as to how the media and other cons talk about it, but he wont.