U.S. Allows Pharmacists to Prescribe Paxlovid Directly

News and events of the day
Libertas

U.S. Allows Pharmacists to Prescribe Paxlovid Directly

Post by Libertas »

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2022070 ... d-directly

Sadly I am putting this news in "politics" forum because for you idiot cons, the virus is political...

Anyway,

HUGE news and development...I bet pharmacies are gonna not be crazy about it though, as in they will start looking like doctor's waiting rooms. Pharmacy OWNERS will love it though.

But this is good news.
July 7, 2022 – Pharmacists can now prescribe Paxlovid, Pfizer’s COVID-19 antiviral pill, directly to patients.

The FDA revised the drug’s emergency use authorization on Wednesday, letting state-licensed pharmacists screen patients and determine if they are eligible for Paxlovid, according to The Associated Press.

Previously, only doctors could prescribe the antiviral drug, the AP reported. With some limits, pharmacists can now prescribe the medication for patients who face high risks for severe COVID-19.

“The FDA recognizes the important role pharmacists have played and continue to play in combatting this pandemic,” Patrizia Cavazzoni, MD, director of the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, said in a statement.
Sadly it also means anytime you physically go into a RX, you could be standing next to someone with Covid...shit...and if they dont have it they probably have a cold or the flu. shit again
I sigh in your general direction.