MINNESOTA REPUBLICAN MATT BIRK WARNS ABORTION LEADS TO WOMEN HAVING CAREERS, CLAIMS PRO-CHOICE ADVOCATES ARE ALWAYS PLAY

News and events of the day
Libertas

MINNESOTA REPUBLICAN MATT BIRK WARNS ABORTION LEADS TO WOMEN HAVING CAREERS, CLAIMS PRO-CHOICE ADVOCATES ARE ALWAYS PLAY

Post by Libertas »

MINNESOTA REPUBLICAN MATT BIRK WARNS ABORTION LEADS TO WOMEN HAVING CAREERS, CLAIMS PRO-CHOICE ADVOCATES ARE ALWAYS PLAYING “THE RAPE CARD”
Sorry for the caps, copy and pasted.

Question: How do you know for certain that most antiabortion advocates want to ban the medical procedure not to protect, as they claim, the “sanctity of human life,” but in order to control women’s bodies and relegate them to the status of second-class citizens? Answer: Because they keep telling us! Over and over again!

One recent example would be the commentary of Matt Birk, Republican candidate for lieutenant governor of Minnesota. While Birk, a former professional football player has long made his position on abortion clear—in 2020 he called abortion “evil” and said undergoing the medical procedure to terminate a pregnancy resulting from rape “will only make things worse”—remarks he delivered on the day Roe v. Wade was overturned may be even more enlightening. Speaking at an antiabortion convention, Birk told the audience: “It’s not over. Our culture loudly but also stealthily, promotes abortion. Telling women they should look a certain way,
I sigh in your general direction.
bird

Re: MINNESOTA REPUBLICAN MATT BIRK WARNS ABORTION LEADS TO WOMEN HAVING CAREERS, CLAIMS PRO-CHOICE ADVOCATES ARE ALWAYS

Post by bird »

Libertas wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:37 pm Sorry for the caps, copy and pasted.
Telling women they should look a certain way? Our political economy does that. And they shouldn’t.

More important is that Republicans demand that women ACT in a certain way.
Libertas

Re: MINNESOTA REPUBLICAN MATT BIRK WARNS ABORTION LEADS TO WOMEN HAVING CAREERS, CLAIMS PRO-CHOICE ADVOCATES ARE ALWAYS

Post by Libertas »

I remember a righty here assuring us their leaders (current GOP on SC are politicians) would never actually reverse Roe, they would use it to raise money but never actually do it.

I remember thinking or saying BULLSHIT
I sigh in your general direction.