All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Say Hello to Trump TV
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:34 am 
Board Emeritus

Trump TV Debuts ‘The Real News,’ And It Looks A Lot Like State Propaganda
https://www.good.is/articles/trump-tv-real-news

On Sunday, Trump TV debuted “The Real News,” hosted by former CNN pundit Kayleigh McEnany. In the 90-second clip, McEnany praises Trump, saying he “has created over 1 million jobs” since taking office and “clearly has steered the economy in the right direction” — although with any scrutiny, it’s clear the positive economic news is more the result of Obama-era policies than changes orchestrated by Trump. The news clip also praised the RAISE Act, which operates on the myth that immigrants are depressing American wages.

Throughout history, totalitarian leaders have worked to curtail free speech and a free press by implementing state-run media to keep the ruling regime in power. Currently, Russia, China, Azerbaijan, Vietnam, Iran, Zimbabwe, Cuba, and Turkmenistan all use various forms of state-run media to squelch political speech, dominate mass communication, and keep pro-government narratives front-and-center. Although Trump’s using a private channel to combat negative media narratives, Trump TV eerily echoes the propaganda techniques used by authoritarian regimes.

The vision for Trump TV goes back to 2016, when it looked as though Trump would lose the election to Hillary Clinton. Toward the end of the campaign, Trump began plans to leverage his newfound populist support to build a right-wing media empire to rival Fox News. Things obviously changed after the election, and now Trump TV works as a propaganda wing of the administration. According to The Daily Beast, former “Inside Edition” producer and wife of Eric Trump, Lara Trump, is now running the show at Trump TV and uses campaign funds to finance the effort.

[snip][end]

Seth Meyers on the so-called "Real News" ... first exposes Trump hypocrisy on Obama & golf/vacations, but goes into this at 4:00 in.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

I can't find Trump TV. I mean I can't find the channel, the site, or source to go to, to see what it is. To see what they say today, or tomorrow.

What I can find are hundreds of sources talking about one video, some even showing her first two minute broadcast video.

I found her twitter page: https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany

I found: https://twitter.com/GOP Where they talk about her.

I found: https://twitter.com/TeamTrump Where they talk about her.

Is Trump TV real?

I don't mean is the news report she gave on that lone two minute video real news. Does Trump TV actually exist?

I mean is there such a thing as Trump TV?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's as "real" as anything else on Facebook Live. :D

I have a feeling you can get to it at that DonaldJTrump.com thing they have plastered all over their wallpaper.

Not interested in finding out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

No, I checked there, it isn't at the DonaldJTrump.com thing, that's his campaign web site.

I don't think this thing is a thing, I think it was a publicity stunt. Something to get us off one topic, on to another, something to get our goat to entertain his base.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

I love Seth Myers segments! And how creepy it is to have Trump pulling at his belt buckle while asking to see the bride. :o :sick:

Funny, on The Young Turks live show last week Cenk and Ana talked about Trump TV and were complaining that Obama failed to use alternative media to sell his agenda. I responded on twitter that he did, and it was called the Weekly Address :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

they hope to turn Merica into a reality tv show. all we need now is a concept.

soylent green has already been used.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

I love Seth Myers segments! And how creepy it is to have Trump pulling at his belt buckle while asking to see the bride. :o :sick:

Funny, on The Young Turks live show last week Cenk and Ana talked about Trump TV and were complaining that Obama failed to use alternative media to sell his agenda. I responded on twitter that he did, and it was called the Weekly Address :roll:

yah, creepy. tho i think he has lost weight so tugging at his missing tie at his waste line is usual
for him.
im not sure what he would 'give up' to lose waste-line...soda, id bet. he wont stop eating
but getting off his soda habit would help greatly. bigly.

his gut has gotten smaller. its not from exercise.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

idk where there is a 'pence' thread, but, this 'threat' this 'fear' this 'news' he is running
a "shadow campaign for 2020"...is :rw) :rw) :rw) :rw) :rw) :rw) .

its not for 2020. its readying him and a staff for taking over when his douchebag
coward pussiegrabber co-hort is forced to leave the WH.
back to your bunker you coward piece of shit.

too bad pence will NEVER have any cred after going along with and buying into this groper bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:37 pm 
Policy Wonk

Seth is brilliant i'm surprised Comcast out of all companies is allowing him to do this but for now i like what he's saying & doing. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:40 am 
Board Emeritus

breitbart.gov

I am so tired of hearing about what the Trump voters want. I don’t care what they want. How’s that?
And you know what? We do know what they want. They want a Confederate flag.

~Fran Lebowitz