It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/21/media/a ... index.html

Quote:
Just a few weeks after canceling "Roseanne" after the show's star Roseanne Barr posted racist and bizarre tweets, ABC says it is keeping the show alive -- without Barr.

"The Conners" is the working title of the re-rebooted sitcom. It will be a "spinoff" of "Roseanne," the network announced Thursday night.

"Roseanne Barr will have no financial or creative involvement in the new series," ABC said in a press release.

ABC and the show's production company, Carsey Werner, had been working behind the scenes to strike this deal ever since "Roseanne" was canceled on May 29.

ABC's people said they wanted to keep the cast and crew working, but the major interpretation going around This Town is that they wanted contracts they couldn't get out of to still produce a marketable product on the air. Also it had blown a major hole in their fall schedule.

10 episodes have been ordered.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

I like everybody else in the cast, especially Sarah Gilbert, so I rather like this.

That doesn't mean I'll watch. I never watched most of the original show, either. (*)

Some people claimed it was an effort to show a real life working class family's struggles on TV. Dunno, my personal opinion, it actually was never the only show to do that, nor one that did it very well.

I didn't like earlier political avatars of Roseanne either, even when she was a Green in 2012 she was saying bizarre senseless shit about "HillaryandObama" and it doesn't seem much has changed, except for her hating some kind of establishment from the right rather than the left.

As long as Roseanne "Qanon" Barr is off the air, I'm fine with putting the rest of the cast on the air. Now, if there was only a way to keep her out of her Ambien medicine chest, and off twitter.

*sigh*

(*) BTW, I *do* watch stuff other than sci-fi ... something a certain Bushway fellow challenged me on :D ... just not that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:10 pm 
Policy Wonk

I'd like to see her replaced by a re-invented Sandra Bernhard character. I've always liked her...crazy is as crazy does. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

I like everybody else in the cast, especially Sarah Gilbert, so I rather like this.

That doesn't mean I'll watch. I never watched most of the original show, either. (*)

Some people claimed it was an effort to show a real life working class family's struggles on TV. Dunno, my personal opinion, it actually was never the only show to do that, nor one that did it very well.

I didn't like earlier political avatars of Roseanne either, even when she was a Green in 2012 she was saying bizarre senseless shit about "HillaryandObama" and it doesn't seem much has changed, except for her hating some kind of establishment from the right rather than the left.

As long as Roseanne "Qanon" Barr is off the air, I'm fine with putting the rest of the cast on the air. Now, if there was only a way to keep her out of her Ambien medicine chest, and off twitter.

*sigh*

(*) BTW, I *do* watch stuff other than sci-fi ... something a certain Bushway fellow challenged me on :D ... just not that.

Will watch anything with Laurie Metcalf ...for fans the must see is the HBO remake of a BBC show "Getting On"...fuck, I mean I laugh just thinking of the faces she would make.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:50 pm 

ABC can go fucc themselves....

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.
LYNDON B. JOHNSON, 1960

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

its prolly good justice that the rest of the cast be given a decent opportunity to make a show.
they didnt need blame for what crazyface says or does.
the cast can carry this show, no doubt. theyre all funny.
the two grown delinquent daughters...growing up again. lol.

dan and jackie are funny enough on their own.