RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Wolf-Pac News
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

:) Now we're stereotyping mechanics? For shame.

I had two uncles, both were obsessive mechanics; one looked like your stereotype, the other looked like an office worker.

The one who looked like a mechanic (by your description) always had grease on his pants, and stuff lying all over

The other uncle always looked neat and fresh, and his tools were always in their proper place when not being used. He used to say about his brother that he should wipe his hands with a rag instead of his pants.

The neat uncle was by far the best of the two at fixing about anything.

Neither of them had markings on their face; not sure what kind of markings a mechanic should have on their faces--unless they use their teeth to turn bolts.

I'm a refrigeration, boiler, hydraulic, and diesel mechanic Roy. Field work, most of it being done on the tailgate of my truck. Not a lot of space there to leave things laying around or to be messy. Made my living doing it. Was good at it. My pants get pretty greasy.

The marks of being a mechanic leaves are little nicks and scars, and the physical build. The guy looked like an office butter ball to me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:32 pm 
Policy Wonk

I'm a refrigeration, boiler, hydraulic, and diesel mechanic Roy. Field work, most of it being done on the tailgate of my truck. Not a lot of space there to leave things laying around or to be messy. Made my living doing it. Was good at it. My pants get pretty greasy.

The marks of being a mechanic leaves are little nicks and scars, and the physical build. The guy looked like an office butter ball to me.

I believe you, but it's anecdotal. I've known lots of mechanics--and machinists, that when they weren't working their trade, could have been tagged at being pencil pushers. I've also known office workers who looked like they were shoved through a giant pencil sharpener.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

TYT - Alison Hartson on Fighting Money In Politics. Wolf-PAC.com

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Wolf-Pac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:08 am 
Board Emeritus

Companies face many dark perils when it comes to political money

As corporate titans AT&T and Novartis continue to stumble in explaining their respective $600,000 and $1.2 million payments to President Trump’s longtime personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, no explanation has been offered why these payments were structured to avoid public disclosure. The fact that these payments were intentionally shrouded in darkness means that they will remain a stain on the reputations of these companies.

http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/389 ... ical-money

Wolf-Pac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

TYT - Alison Hartson Loses, Feinstein and de Leon Advance

Wolf-Pac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:50 am 
Board Emeritus

TYT - Wolf-PAC's Next Big Fight Is Here

Wolf-Pac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:07 am 
Board Emeritus

ROF - FEC Ignores The Law, Allows “Dark Money” To Flood Campaigns

Wolf-Pac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:54 am 
Board Emeritus

California Shines a Light on Dark Money

This November, Californians will vote for 80 State Assembly members, 20 state senators, and a new governor, as well as face choices over a number of citizen-initiated ballot measures. With so much at stake, over 19 million voters can expect moneyed interests to try and influence the vote through blanketing the state with a flurry of advertisements. Yet in this upcoming election—for the first time—voters will have the opportunity to learn more about the organizations funding those ads.

A recently passed law known as the California Disclose Act requires greater transparency in political advertising and funding to help voters make informed decisions. The Disclose Act makes numerous amendments to the state’s flagship law that regulates campaign finance and electoral activity.

https://www.theregreview.org/2018/05/29 ... ark-money/

Wolf-Pac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

California Bows to Payday Lenders on Interest Rate Caps

SACRAMENTO (CN) — Targeting minorities and veterans lacking access to fair credit, lenders pushing small loans with interest rates above 100 percent are flourishing in California.

With no law limiting or discouraging triple-digit annual percentage rate lending, the personal loan market has exploded since the Great Recession. Lenders dished out over 300,000 loans to Californians with interest rates above 100 percent in 2016, a stunning jump from just 57 in 2006.

https://www.courthousenews.com/californ ... rate-caps/

Wolf-Pac

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11