RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

Either they're afraid of drumpf, they're conspiring, or they're just so sold out that they can't see the damage they're doing.

The current election narrative goes like this:

1. Hillary can't do anything right.
2. Trump can't do anything wrong.
3. Pay no attention to the ratings company behind the curtain.

It's a crisis.

They can't be stopped, but they can be made part of the story.

Internet is the best means ever invented for spreading ideas outside the mainstream. The one about WTC being a controlled demolition came up right on schedule. Here's an idea IN the mainstream, that media care more about creating a buzz than in our country's future, and nothing.

I can't do nothing any more.

Tactics time.

1. Internet is good for letter writing campaigns, or e-mail blitzes, or whatever. They have to be massive, or they just look fringe. MoveOn.org was always good for organizing grass roots campaigns like this, but they seem to have vanished for the duration. I think they've decided to use the Citizens United Solution and become a superPAC. So. Who's going to get the exponential thing going?

2. Boycotts of sponsors get the corporations' attention. It didn't get rid of Limbaugh, not that I would have really wanted it to. Free country, and all that. But it sent the right message. A lot of sponsors dropped off, and for a time that was the narrative about the Rushoid. Simple demand: cover both candidates equally.

3. Nonviolent protest. This becomes the story. Fill their faces and lenses with people demanding balance. Iffy, and probably not time to get it right.

4. I don't talk about #4. It probably makes the problem worse. I'm just saying that it exists.

Time is very, very short.

"One bomb was shown on TV, and the American people bought that war. War is show business."
--"Wag the Dog"