Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

Spending Bill Passage Praised

With the President's possible, last-minute, veto not materializing and a government shutdown averted, industry players were lining up to praise passage of the RAY BAUM's Act and other provisions in the omnibus spending bill that was signed into law Friday (March 23).

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/ ... ll-passage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:11 am 
Board Emeritus

Trumps base are fuming about him sighing the bill. His twitter statement:

"As a matter of National Security I've signed the Omnibus Spending Bill. I say to Congress: I will NEVER sign another bill like this again. To prevent this omnibus situation from ever happening again, I'm calling on Congress to give me a line-item veto for all govt spending bills!"

His speech on TV about doing it for the military and national security is not carrying water with them.

I counted them posting about it at a staunch conservative forum, 20 out of 20 of them are saying this is the betrayal, and the end of Trump. They're posting what Rush and Ann Coulter, and Gateway pundit are saying and all three of them are fuming too.

They're predicting the lose of the house and Senate followed by the impeachment of Trump.

Trump's saying he did it for national security and the military is not their Wall. And they know that wall is not going to happen now. That wall is the holy grail, 33 miles of fence will not do.

I don't know if they'll get over it this time. I've seen them get mad at Paul Ryan then come back to him once. But then they got mad at him a second time and that was the end of him since then, and that was back in 2012.