Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: RoseAnne
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:12 pm 
Policy Wonk

Did you watch it? what did you think?

Post subject: Re: RoseAnne
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

I didn't watch it the first time it was on and I have no wish to watch it now. I don't particularly care for Roseanne but I do like John Goodman.

Interesting, but a number of the actors on The Big Bang Theory[/] were on [i]Roseanne during its first run.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

I can separate art and politics, but it seems like her and the character she plays on TV did the same thing.

http://people.com/tv/roseanne-barr-may-run-president/

“It’s important to talk,” says Barr, whose namesake character voted for President Donald Trump.”Now, it seems like every topic is being discussed, and I’m happy with that.”

A longtime political progressive, Barr campaigned for the Green Party presidential nomination in 2012, but in 2016 she voted for Trump to “shake up the status quo."

[snip][end]

Her decision at the time didn't make sense, I was almost tempted to watch if maybe the character she portrays could explain the decision better.

Not curious enough, so I guess I won't watch. Mostly because, honestly, I didn't like the show much before, and I can't see why just retreading it with all the same characters and actors would be interesting now.

I can say this: I never voted for her before, and certainly won't do so again. Though I can appreciate that she encourages people to participate and have dialogue.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

Nope. Hard pass.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

Probably not. I always loved Laurie Metcalf and could really relate to Darlene (gay in real life; was glad when she came out because people were totally vibing on her), whose son is apparently genderqueer on the show.

Rosanne is way too crazy, though. Not interested in seeing a Trump supporter grandma portrayed on the small screen. Had enough of that sitcom in my previous relationship. :?

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:03 am 
Board Emeritus

*sigh*

It'd be Ok if she was just a iffy Trump supporter, but she is totally marinated in the Kool-Aide.

Trump called to congratulate her on her first episode.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:41 am 

Watched the debut. Enjoyed it. Will tune in again.

If there's a problem I noticed it would be that the acting is a bit wooden at times. Beyond that, the writing is good, the subject matter is relevant, and the conflict between young/old and liberal/conservative is well done.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:07 am 
Board Emeritus

Watched the debut. Enjoyed it. Will tune in again.

If there's a problem I noticed it would be that the acting is a bit wooden at times. Beyond that, the writing is good, the subject matter is relevant, and the conflict between young/old and liberal/conservative is well done.

:lol: "... a bit wooden at times." :lol:

I don't think that crew does any acting Ted.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:38 pm 
Policy Wonk

I watched, thought it was interesting seeing the jump in time and changes, the new characters are interesting, they actually included things like unemployment and how things affect poor working people in the story line. more than we can say about modern political debates.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:14 pm 
Policy Wonk

I have never really cared for so-called Situation Comedy. I did not watch RoseAnne in it's first run and will not watch it now.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Roseanne Barr is under fire for appearing to promote a conspiracy theory about a Parkland student activist
http://www.businessinsider.com/roseanne ... ogg-2018-3

Roseanne Barr sparked controversy this week for appearing to promote a far-right conspiracy theory about the Parkland shooting student-activist David Hogg.

On Tuesday evening, just before the revival of her ABC sitcom "Roseanne" premiered, Barr tweeted the words "NAZI SALUTE" in response to a Twitter user who tagged Hogg in a tweet. She later deleted her tweet.

Barr, a vocal Trump supporter with a history of promoting right-wing conspiracy theories, seemed to be referencing a far-right conspiracy theory that Hogg raised a Nazi salute at a March for Our Lives rally on Saturday.

As Mic noted, a number of Twitter users, including Chrissy Teigen, criticized Barr for the tweet, while some called out ABC for giving Barr a platform with her revived sitcom.

Barr has previously used her Twitter page to promote debunked far-right conspiracies including Pizzagate and the conspiracy of a "cover-up" in the death of former Democratic National Convention staffer Seth Rich.

ABC did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the matter.

SEE ALSO: Roseanne Barr has a history of supporting Trump — and promoting right-wing conspiracy theories

[snip][end]

So -- some people think she's been doing this as a kind of off-screen performance art. Nah, even Andy Kaufman turned it off when cameras weren't around. She is what she is.

A freaking idiot.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

Roseanne makes a mockery of the national anthem, grabs her crotch and spits. But that's now forgotten and she's OK. A black athlete kneels during the anthem in protest, MAGA dopes go crazy.

Again, NOPE.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

well, i think shes gonna fuck this up.
her boyfriend wont help. id say he lures her into the conspiracy shit.
shes gonna attract the groper voters and lose the rest of merica.

im not sure how she'll keep her actors since they dont appear to be in this spooky made up shit
as she is. pizzagate, sure you go. :roll:

groper is now and will continue to use her, use the cast members under her name for
his own whackjob bullshit, hammering, say, tulsa, as his campaign crowd.
i dont see the entire cast going along with this.

the character never got political before...but, then, we never had a groper before either.
we never had so many humans making shit up.

we also never had FB greasing the skids before.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:08 am 
Board Emeritus

People have pointed out she did that image for an episode of Heeb magazine, where they apparently asked several comedians if it was OK to make fun of the Holocaust. That was her way of saying yes. Roseanne is Jewish herself, but she's all over the map. Incoherent as her hero.

Of course, as a few critics of the whole idea of that magazine pointed out, maybe it ultimately shows why the answer might still be no (in some cases). There's a difference between Mel Brooks' 'Springtime for Hitler' and that image ... yes you can do Holocaust based humor. Or make a comedy sketch out of the Inquisition. But ... ?

I saw her get asked about that little image on a clip on youtube and she started tearing into the Left and so-called political correctness like a solid Rightie. No apologies, just "the Left" sucks. (Remember, she was the Green party candidate in 2012. Hard as that is to believe.)

She's quickly becoming another Randy Quaid. (google him. that's not good.)

Roseanne: Trump Has Freed Hundreds Of Children a Month From Sex Trafficking Rings
https://www.mediaite.com/online/roseann ... ing-rings/

Roseanne Barr
✔@therealroseanne
President Trump has freed so many children held in bondage to pimps all over this world. Hundreds each month. He has broken up trafficking rings in high places everywhere. notice that. I disagree on some things, but give him benefit of doubt-4 now.
9:17 PM - Mar 30, 2018

As you can see in the tweet above, the comedian claims that the president has “freed so many children held in bondage to pimps” and “broken up trafficking rings in high places everywhere.”

This seems to refer to a conspiracy known as The Storm, which appears to have derived from Trump’s quip at a photo op last October about it being the “calm before the storm.” While The Storm is a highly convoluted and all-encompassing conspiracy, the main gist looks to be that there are Democratic pedophilia clubs and child sex trafficking rings involving extremely famous people. And Trump is breaking up these rings and placing all of these people under arrest, but they are still seen in public as they are wearing monitoring bracelets. Or something like that.

Anyway, those who believe in these theories tend to track them on message boards like 8chan, where an anonymous user named “Q” — the conspiracy is also known as Qanon — provides cryptic details about recent events, seemingly indicating they are all part of The Storm. (Q claims to be a high-ranking White House official.) And Roseanne has helped spread the message on Twitter in the recent past.

[snip][end]

The Storm Is the New Pizzagate — Only Worse (Who is QAnon? The Storm Conspiracy Explained)
http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/12/qano ... ained.html

On October 28, someone calling themselves Q began posting a series of cryptic messages in a /pol/ thread titled “Calm Before the Storm” (assumedly in reference to that creepy Trump quote from early October). Q claimed to be a high-level government insider with Q clearance (hence the name) tasked with posting intel drops — which he, for some reason, called “crumbs” — straight to 4chan in order to covertly inform the public about POTUS’s master plan to stage a countercoup against members of the deep state. It was, in short, absolutely insane. However, thanks to some rather forced coincidences — like Q kind of, sort of guessing that Trump would tweet the word “small” on Small Business Saturday, and this one time the internet decided that Q was “totally on Air Force One” because he posted a blurry picture of some islands while Trump was on his trip to Asia — and a whole heck of a lot of wishful thinking, people believed he was the real deal.

[snip]

According to Q, Trump was never really involved with Russia, and isn’t actually under investigation by Mueller & Co. On the contrary, Q insists that it’s actually Clinton and Obama who were corrupted by Putin (and are now actually under investigation by Mueller) because they’re obviously just evil, money-hungry globalists who’ll do anything for the highest bidder. (Oh, yeah, and they’re also apparently into raping and killing children, though the crowd is split over whether this is because they’re satanists or just part of some weird blackmail scheme involving the CIA.) Q also claims that Trump, the genius that he is, figured all of this out way back when he was just a measly presidential candidate, and has been pretending to love Putin and/or be involved with Russia ever since as a way to force a third party to investigate these horrors — without drawing the attention of those evil Dems-who-must-not-be-named, of course — because he’s just that selfless of a leader.

[snip][end]

She believes this crap.

Koo koo ka choo choo.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

id take the "calm before the storm'" more consistent with stormy daniels on the horizon, from that date.

as for 'freeing children from pimps'....oh pleeze, let groper outline that for us. wouldnt he be proud of that?
wouldnt he choose to honk his horn over that one?...why so quiet groper?...tell us about the sex rings
youve saved "hundreds" each month from....

rosey...that sounds pretty insane in case your addled brain didnt realize it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'll pass on Roseanne. She's bonkers.

In Mel Brooks' Springtime for Hitler, the movie plot was that it was intended as the intentionally worst musical in Broadway history, so it would close after one show and the producers (hence the title) could collect insurance and make more than their lousy play would if it stayed open. Of course, the play is a smash hit and they're stuck performing it forever. (You knew THAT was coming.)

Nobody dressed up as Adolph and burned cookie "Jews" in a fucking oven. There are mildly-funny Holocaust jokes, and then there are not-funny Holocaust jokes. Yes, it was in HEEB magazine. Yes she's Jewish. BFD. She dressed up as Hitler and fucking burned Jews in a fucking oven.

In a fucking oven. Then she ate one. Yum yum. Where do you get your soap, cretin?

Happy Pesach to you too, you bat shit ass hole lunatic brain-impaired crotch-grabbing Internet-crap-believing excuse for a human. It's oozing pustules like you who led me to give up The Industry while I had a single functioning brain cell left.

Sincerely, Ms. Barr... please FOAD.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

apparently...the "hundreds" of children per week saved by groper have been sent to Mars.
slavery for two decades.
makes one wonder how theyre getting the little ones to...Mars.
i guess they could fling them.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... -yet-again
‘QAnon’ posts at message boards, wildly popular with far right, sprout huge web of fantastic theories about Trump, an imminent ‘Deep State countercoup,’ and arrests aimed at liberals’ supposed ‘pedophilia ring.’
(One version of the pedophilia theory entertained by Jones claimed that the child victims were being secretly shipped to a colony on Mars.)

:rw) :rw) :rw)
https://www.thedailybeast.com/nasa-deni ... ny-on-mars
NASA Denies That It’s Running a Child Slave Colony on Mars---
On Thursday, Alex Jones welcomed a guest to talk about how kidnapped children have been sent on a two-decade mission to space. NASA now denies the interplanetary conspiracy.
Ben Collins 06.29.17 7:40 PM ET

On Thursday’s Infowars broadcast, Steele alleged the kidnapped children were not only being kidnapped for space labor, but also murdered for their blood and bone marrow.
wait, i thot groper was saving them?...to send to Mars?, is that it?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:34 pm 
Policy Wonk

What happened to her. Did she change her mind about being a progressive? It doesn't matter anyway. I don't follow people with their politics.

I hardly ever watched her original show back wherever it was, and I don't watch any TV now. It's a waste of time.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

She's a radicalized, batshit crazy loon.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

What happened to her. Did she change her mind about being a progressive? It doesn't matter anyway. I don't follow people with their politics.

I don't think so. She followed the logical trajectory that "progressives" of the early '00s were on. Believing in Alex Jones, conspiracies, getting in bed with rabid antisemites like Gilad Atzmon, and is now alt-right-lite and a Trump voter peddling white working class identity politics.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:52 pm 
Policy Wonk

Sounds like Roseanne is simply a very shallow human.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sounds like Roseanne is simply a very shallow human.

good point.

i wonder if shallow isnt key to the syndrome of humans adhering to virtual groper.
shallow has always been...looking deeply into the surface of things...which is what tv teaches.
reality tv Is the surface of things..which Is groper.

his tower bunker isnt made of gold: it is painted gold.
big diff. one is real, the other is virtual.

virtual merica. now you see it now you dont.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

i dont think his name was mentioned, obviously inferred, but he heard it anyway. :rw)

poor producer saraGilbert taking wraths of shit for roseanne.
https://twitter.com/THEsaragilbert quiet here.

here its not quiet.
https://twitter.com/search?q=Sara%20Gilbert&src=tyah

http://www.vulture.com/2018/03/donald-t ... ign=vultur
Hmmm, Here’s Why Donald Trump’s Name Will Never Be Mentioned on Roseanne--

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ros ... 05830.html
“The Conners aren’t Trump supporters. Roseanne’s character is a Trump supporter — she’s the only one — and we never say his name, actually, in the show,” Gilbert said during an appearance on “Watch What Happens Live” earlier this week

Last edited by rainwater on Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

someone should go tell FB that many people are saying groper has stuck children on Mars.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

She's a radicalized, batshit crazy loon.

ESAD Roseanne.