Radio, TV, Print.

Talk about it here.

Moderators: plunderer, Bernie the union guy

ap215
Board Emeritus

USTelecom Seeks Major Temporary Dereg Help from FCC

Post by ap215 »

USTelecom Seeks Major Temporary Dereg Help from FCC

Telecom ISPs have provided the FCC with a laundry list of coronavirus-related temporary deregulation, including waiving a bunch of deadlines, suspending rules, and providing more funding, all to address the teleworking and telemedicine and distance-learning load of a homebound workforce and student population.

That came in a letter from USTelecom to FCC chairman Ajit Pai and the other commissioners. They conceded it could be costly and said they would press Congress to appropriate the money.

https://www.multichannel.com/news/ustel ... p-from-fcc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ZoWie
Board Emeritus

Re: USTelecom Seeks Major Temporary Dereg Help from FCC

Post by ZoWie »

What worries me about temporary measures is their tendency to become permanent. A few of the ones from WWII never went away at all. There has to be a built in termination date.

Libertas
Board Emeritus

Re: USTelecom Seeks Major Temporary Dereg Help from FCC

Post by Libertas »

ZoWie » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:34 am wrote:What worries me about temporary measures is their tendency to become permanent. A few of the ones from WWII never went away at all. There has to be a built in termination date.
EPA is no more, basically...

So my question is what will kill you, one of these are likely to if you dont die of natural causes

1. polluters/environment/global warming (rump changes mileage rules on cars even though car makers dont want it either, he is an actual enemy to human life, all life)

2. Rump virus
Excuse me while I use a BROAD BRUSH to say anyone who spends one minute defending anything rump is just as guilty as he is of all his crimes