39-Soliders Injured In Iran Missile Attack To Get Purple Heart.

News and events of the day
marindem01

39-Soliders Injured In Iran Missile Attack To Get Purple Heart.

Post by marindem01 »

The army will be awarding Purple Hearts to 39 soldiers who were injured in January of 2020 when Iran struck their airbase in Iraq.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/army ... rts-report.

This decision came after a CBS News investigation published last month found that the injured soldiers had been denied the Purple Heart and its accompanying medical benefits despite qualifying for the award. The attacks were carried out in retaliation for the assassination of Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani.

No deaths were reported from the attacks and U.S. officials initially said there had been no injuries stemming from the attack, but it was later confirmed that at least 110 soldiers had suffered traumatic brain injuries.

The Traitor held up these decorations by saying the injuries sustain by the Soldiers "Were Not Very Serious". That Draft Dodging POS denied the Purple Heart to U.S. Soldiers wounded in action. Tell me how much that scum bag cares about "Our Troops".
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
Libertas

Re: 39-Soliders Injured In Iran Missile Attack To Get Purple Heart.

Post by Libertas »

Of course the traitor did that. Our soldiers are his enemy.
I sigh in your general direction.
Number6

Re: 39-Soliders Injured In Iran Missile Attack To Get Purple Heart.

Post by Number6 »

But TFG said they only had headaches.

The Army was discouraging anyone from being submitted for a Purple Heart because of politics (Trump). I'm glad these troops got their recognition not only because of what they suffered but because it also gives them access to the VA system after they get out.

I was thinking about how the Army was discouraging the troops and/or their commanders from recommending them for the Purple Heart and I remembered that it's not only the commander who can recommend someone for a medal. The way it works is anyone with direct knowledge of an incident can submit someone else for a decoration or an award. Here's an actual case of that happening. When the U.S. bombed Libya in 1986 in retaliation for the bombing of a West Germany disco which killed an American serviceman. F-111s from RAF Lakenheath were among the aircraft that bombed Libya. The Wing Commander of RAF Lakenheath submitted the entire base in for an AF Achievement Medals and the AF rejected the submission saying only those who actually bombed Libya would get them. The Wing Commanders said it was a total team effort and that it would be everyone or no one to get the medal. Someone high up in the Navy heard about it and requested the medal write-up and they submitted to the Navy and the Navy Awarded everyone at RAF Lakenheath were awarded the Navy Achievement Medal.

Had the troops who were injured in the missile attack not been awarded the Purple Heart because commanders not wanting wanting to buck TFG (called protecting their careers) the go around would to have been someone else to submit the paperwork for the medals.
When you vote left, you vote right.