Comrade Carlson Fired

News and events of the day
JoeMemphis

Re: Comrade Carlson Fired

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:02 pm Now we KNOW you're bullshitting. The Fox News morning show, Fox and Friends, is well-known to be VERY ideological. Steve Doocy, Ainsley Earhardt and Brian Kilmeade are far-right ideologues that were Trump's biggest cheerleaders.

So now try some other lie.

And you said you NEVER watch Tucker. Now you're saying you DO watch him occasionally, and before you call me the liar again, re-read your post.

You're just not real bright. I I
I never did watch Tucker. That doesn’t mean I haven’t seen clips of him from time to time. But I don’t tune in to watch his show. I don’t watch Hannity or Ingram or Maddow or Reid or any of those folks. I find it boring. You are probably captivated by it. It’s propaganda written for the weak minded. Perfect for you.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:54 pm I never did watch Tucker. That doesn’t mean I haven’t seen clips of him from time to time. But I don’t tune in to watch his show. I don’t watch Hannity or Ingram or Maddow or Reid or any of those folks. I find it boring. You are probably captivated by it. It’s propaganda written for the weak minded. Perfect for you.
Now, you see, I will tell the truth, unlike you. You made a statement, then contradicted yourself. Then when you were caught out, you've tried to pretend you weren't full of shit.

I don't watch much TV. I watch football, some women's basketball. We watch movies. We watch Ghosts, a CBS comedy on Paramount Plus. We got hooked on 9/11, then Lone Star 9/11, now The Rookie, all on Hulu. We don't like commercials, so we watch on the streaming apps.

Otherwise, our TV stays off. Oh, and we watched Wednesday, the Adam's Family series, on Netflix. Also Reacher on Amazon last year.

I do a lot more on my ipad or laptop. I browse Tik Tok, mostly TV and movie clips, and music. I browse YouTube. I read LOTS of news sites. CNN. Washington Post. New York times. Have subs for both of them. Started them in my job, as the subs were paid by the company. Also had Wall Street Journal back then too, but the WSJ are CRAZY expensive, and I cancelled it. I also read Politico - they are a true hard news organization. They also have the most in-depth political and business news operations far deeper than anyone else. They have newsletters for states and newsletters for issues.

They are true news sites, and that's the lion's share of where I get my news. The Wall Street Journal was always a great news site, their news people were true journalists and always very honest. The Editorial Page, on the other hand, was to the right of Atilla the Hun. I don't know how much Rupert Murdoch has done to the hard news side over the years since he's bought them, but I do know of several hard news reporters have quit rather than submit on stories.

I also keep an eye on Drudge, that's where Glenn gets his news (that and Facebook), because I do like to know what lies the right is pushing. I read HuffPo, Daily Kos and Raw Story. Have to be careful with Raw Story, because it is quite slanted, and they've crossed the line before. If I see a story there, I prefer to go to the link with the primary source.

Kos is the best because it's normal people with different educational backgrounds writing smart things. Things that make you think.

Used to go to Breitbart and The Blaze (Glenn Beck's site), but they lost traffic and really fell apart. Just went to Breitbart and the headlines (3 headlines for one article) was:

Left Revels in Tucker Leaving Fox

AOC: ‘Deplatforming Works’ and ‘Is Important’

Democrats Push to Regulate Conservative Media

The first, okay, stipulated, the second, boy they sure are obsessed with AOC, and the third? Hardly.

I know you think that places like Fox News are just a mirror image of places like the NYT and WaPo, but they aren't. No organization of human beings are perfect, but they self-police and they admit when someone fucked up. They also cover their own problems. They also have no problem writing critical stories on Biden, or any democrat for that matter.

Not Fox News. They don't ever criticize the GOP, unless Trump tells them to. We can tell from the Dominion case that they were pushing whatever lies it took to keep the ratings up. I just went to their website, and while the homepage is huge, it's ALL slanted against the left. They don't even pretend to offer news, just propaganda. What I found to be hilarious, is there is zero mention of Tucker on their page. I couldn't find it. BUT they DID have an article about Don Lemon being fired from CNN!

I would note that CNN did have a story on Lemon yesterday, and it was treated as a news story, not a "company statement".

Now, here's the thing: You BRAG about not knowing anything, not hearing about anything. Ignorance seems to be your superpower. You're PROUD of it. I guess that's what it takes to be a conservative in Trumpworld today.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:51 pm Now, you see, I will tell the truth, unlike you. You made a statement, then contradicted yourself. Then when you were caught out, you've tried to pretend you weren't full of shit.

I don't watch much TV. I watch football, some women's basketball. We watch movies. We watch Ghosts, a CBS comedy on Paramount Plus. We got hooked on 9/11, then Lone Star 9/11, now The Rookie, all on Hulu. We don't like commercials, so we watch on the streaming apps.

Otherwise, our TV stays off. Oh, and we watched Wednesday, the Adam's Family series, on Netflix. Also Reacher on Amazon last year.

I do a lot more on my ipad or laptop. I browse Tik Tok, mostly TV and movie clips, and music. I browse YouTube. I read LOTS of news sites. CNN. Washington Post. New York times. Have subs for both of them. Started them in my job, as the subs were paid by the company. Also had Wall Street Journal back then too, but the WSJ are CRAZY expensive, and I cancelled it. I also read Politico - they are a true hard news organization. They also have the most in-depth political and business news operations far deeper than anyone else. They have newsletters for states and newsletters for issues.

They are true news sites, and that's the lion's share of where I get my news. The Wall Street Journal was always a great news site, their news people were true journalists and always very honest. The Editorial Page, on the other hand, was to the right of Atilla the Hun. I don't know how much Rupert Murdoch has done to the hard news side over the years since he's bought them, but I do know of several hard news reporters have quit rather than submit on stories.

I also keep an eye on Drudge, that's where Glenn gets his news (that and Facebook), because I do like to know what lies the right is pushing. I read HuffPo, Daily Kos and Raw Story. Have to be careful with Raw Story, because it is quite slanted, and they've crossed the line before. If I see a story there, I prefer to go to the link with the primary source.

Kos is the best because it's normal people with different educational backgrounds writing smart things. Things that make you think.

Used to go to Breitbart and The Blaze (Glenn Beck's site), but they lost traffic and really fell apart. Just went to Breitbart and the headlines (3 headlines for one article) was:

Left Revels in Tucker Leaving Fox

AOC: ‘Deplatforming Works’ and ‘Is Important’

Democrats Push to Regulate Conservative Media

The first, okay, stipulated, the second, boy they sure are obsessed with AOC, and the third? Hardly.

I know you think that places like Fox News are just a mirror image of places like the NYT and WaPo, but they aren't. No organization of human beings are perfect, but they self-police and they admit when someone fucked up. They also cover their own problems. They also have no problem writing critical stories on Biden, or any democrat for that matter.

Not Fox News. They don't ever criticize the GOP, unless Trump tells them to. We can tell from the Dominion case that they were pushing whatever lies it took to keep the ratings up. I just went to their website, and while the homepage is huge, it's ALL slanted against the left. They don't even pretend to offer news, just propaganda. What I found to be hilarious, is there is zero mention of Tucker on their page. I couldn't find it. BUT they DID have an article about Don Lemon being fired from CNN!

I would note that CNN did have a story on Lemon yesterday, and it was treated as a news story, not a "company statement".

Now, here's the thing: You BRAG about not knowing anything, not hearing about anything. Ignorance seems to be your superpower. You're PROUD of it. I guess that's what it takes to be a conservative in Trumpworld today.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You spend all those paragraphs talking about you. Your favorite subject. You, You, You. What an ego you have.

First. I don’t give a shit what you watch. Second I don’t give a shit why you watch it. Third, I still don’t give a shot what you watch or why you watch it.

This thread was about the firing of Tucker.

Here’s my take on that. I don’t care one way or the other. I don’t watch Tucker. Doesn’t mean I have no knowledge at all of Tucker. Just means I don’t watch Tucker.

You are more obsessed with Tucker than I am.

Now I will let you get back to talking about yourself. I find that boring as well but you go ahead and knock yourself out.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:12 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You spend all those paragraphs talking about you. Your favorite subject. You, You, You. What an ego you have.

First. I don’t give a shit what you watch. Second I don’t give a shit why you watch it. Third, I still don’t give a shot what you watch or why you watch it.

This thread was about the firing of Tucker.

Here’s my take on that. I don’t care one way or the other. I don’t watch Tucker. Doesn’t mean I have no knowledge at all of Tucker. Just means I don’t watch Tucker.

You are more obsessed with Tucker than I am.

Now I will let you get back to talking about yourself. I find that boring as well but you go ahead and knock yourself out.
Hey you are the one that was making assertions that you knew how I got my news.

You didn't. You're an idiot. Ignorance is your stock in trade.

Since you don't care about Tucker's firing, THEN WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING ON THE THREAD?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:19 pm Hey you are the one that was making assertions that you knew how I got my news.

You didn't. You're an idiot. Ignorance is your stock in trade.

Since you don't care about Tucker's firing, THEN WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING ON THE THREAD?
I don’t know and don’t care where you get your news. The thread isn’t about where you get your news. You just enjoy spending multiple paragraphs talking about yourself. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:47 pm I don’t know and don’t care where you get your news. The thread isn’t about where you get your news. You just enjoy spending multiple paragraphs talking about yourself. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're the one that went there.

If I'm not interested in a thread, I just don't post in it.

You're just looking to be a dick. You do it well.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:49 pm You're the one that went there.

If I'm not interested in a thread, I just don't post in it.

You're just looking to be a dick. You do it well.
You should probably blame the dick that posted this early in the thread “Our righties won't say a word in this thread”. That dick invited comment and I simply replied. And as usual you make a mountain out of a molehill and then turn this into a discussion all about you.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:59 pm You should probably blame the dick that posted this early in the thread “Our righties won't say a word in this thread”. That dick invited comment and I simply replied. And as usual you make a mountain out of a molehill and then turn this into a discussion all about you.

Oh, yeah, nothing's your fault! We MADE you do it. You NEVER have any blame!

And, if you didn't give a shit about Tucker, then you wouldn't have even opened the thread. If there's a thread that doesn't interest me, I don't click on it.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:04 pm :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, yeah, nothing's your fault! We MADE you do it. You NEVER have any blame!

And, if you didn't give a shit about Tucker, then you wouldn't have even opened the thread. If there's a thread that doesn't interest me, I don't click on it.
Well good for you. You asked for a comment and you got a comment. You got what you asked for. So what’s the problem?
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:11 pm Well good for you. You asked for a comment and you got a comment. You got what you asked for. So what’s the problem?
Good to know we all live in your head.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:13 pm Good to know we all live in your head.
You are the man doing call out threads.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:15 pm You are the man doing call out threads.
And I guess you dance to our tune.

It's funny - you can't help yourself.

My point was, that if this had been something like Rachael Maddow, you guys would be all over it.

But then, she's not a demagogue like Carlson is. She's an honest, smart journalist. Carlson is a racist hatemonger.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:20 pm And I guess you dance to our tune.

It's funny - you can't help yourself.

My point was, that if this had been something like Rachael Maddow, you guys would be all over it.

But then, she's not a demagogue like Carlson is. She's an honest, smart journalist. Carlson is a racist hatemonger.
You are welcome to your opinion.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:28 pm You are welcome to your opinion.
You don't have an opinion, because you don't pay attention to Tucker, remember?

So you have nothing else to say, but the facts are clear, for those who don't wallow in their ignorance.

I mean, in a slander lawsuit against Tucker, Fox News lawyers literally said nothing Tucker says can be believed. https://www.findlaw.com/legalblogs/gree ... ing-facts/
Back in 2018, Tucker Carlson told his viewers that Karen McDougal's claim “sounds like a classic case of extortion." This was part of a broader discussion defending President Trump from accusations that he violated campaign finance laws in spending money to keep affairs with two women quiet. Michael Cohen was convicted on charges related to these events and is currently serving out the remainder of his term in home confinement.

According to Judge Vyskocil, “Fox persuasively argues . . . that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer arrives with an appropriate amount of skepticism about the statements he makes." She doesn't stop there, writing that “[w]hether the Court frames Mr. Carlson's statements as exaggeration, non-literal commentary, or simply bloviating for his audience, the conclusion remains the same—the statements are not actionable."

Judge Vyskocil also pointed out that Carlson said “sounds like" prior to saying the word extortion, which “would put any reasonable viewer on notice that Carlson himself doubts the veracity of the source of these statements and that the listener should as well." President Trump appointed Judge Vyskocil to the bench in 2019.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:31 pm You don't have an opinion, because you don't pay attention to Tucker, remember?

So you have nothing else to say, but the facts are clear, for those who don't wallow in their ignorance.

I mean, in a slander lawsuit against Tucker, Fox News lawyers literally said nothing Tucker says can be believed. https://www.findlaw.com/legalblogs/gree ... ing-facts/
I said you are welcome to your opinion. The key word in that sentence is “your”. Your opinion.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:34 pm I said you are welcome to your opinion. The key word in that sentence is “your”. Your opinion.
When it’s been proven by a court of law?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:37 pm When it’s been proven by a court of law?
Simple statement GoU. Go back and reread it if you need to. It’s only 6 words.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:41 pm Simple statement GoU. Go back and reread it if you need to. It’s only 6 words.
Well, it shows your honesty, or lack thereof. I mean, when his own lawyers say that he can’t be believed by any reasonable person, that pretty much says he’s a liar. I guess that’s Fox New’s opinion too.

You guys will never admit anything your side does is wrong. You defend the indefensible.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:45 pm Well, it shows your honesty, or lack thereof. I mean, when his own lawyers say that he can’t be believed by any reasonable person, that pretty much says he’s a liar. I guess that’s Fox New’s opinion too.

You guys will never admit anything your side does is wrong. You defend the indefensible.
I don’t see that I have picked sides. So there is nothing for me to defend. As I said earlier, I don’t care if Tucker got fired. I don’t own Fox or CNN or MSNBC.

You can choose sides if you like. Up to you.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:51 pm I don’t see that I have picked sides. So there is nothing for me to defend. As I said earlier, I don’t care if Tucker got fired. I don’t own Fox anymore than I own CNN or MSNBC.

You can choose sides if you like. Up to you.
Oh, you’ve chosen your side.

You don’t understand the difference between FACT and OPINION. Fact is Carlson is a liar, admitted in court. And Fox News admitted they lied about the election.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:53 pm Oh, you’ve chosen your side.

You don’t understand the difference between FACT and OPINION. Fact is Carlson is a liar, admitted in court. And Fox News admitted they lied about the election.
Actually I understand the difference quite well. And if they lied, that’s on them. Fact is I do not work for them, I don’t have an ownership interest or any other business or personal interest in them. The same is true for all the other “news” outlets and networks. I don’t have a side.

Those are the facts. The rest is just your opinion. You are welcome to it.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:59 pm Actually I understand the difference quite well. And if they lied, that’s on them. Fact is I do not work for them, I don’t have an ownership interest or any other business or personal interest in them. The same is true for all the other “news” outlets and networks. I don’t have a side.

Those are the facts. The rest is just your opinion. You are welcome to it.
No one said any of those things. You’re just making up a red herring.

But you defend them. Always. No, it’s not an “opinion” that Tucker lied at Fox News. It’s a FACT.

And you’re too gutless to admit it.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:02 pm No one said any of those things. You’re just making up a red herring.

But you defend them. Always. No, it’s not an “opinion” that Tucker lied at Fox News. It’s a FACT.

And you’re too gutless to admit it.
Where have I defended them? Post it.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:05 pm Where have I defended them? Post it.
Why? You’ll just deny that’s what it means.

Tell me, Joe, I said Tucker Carlson is a liar. That’s a fact. It’s been proven in more than one court. Do you deny it?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:12 pm Why? You’ll just deny that’s what it means.

Tell me, Joe, I said Tucker Carlson is a liar. That’s a fact. It’s been proven in more than one court. Do you deny it?
So basically you made another statement that you cannot support. And it’s you who can’t or won’t admit you can’t support it. You just make shit up and attribute it to me or whomever you have to be arguing with. That’s dishonest. But that is every thread with you. Not something a year ago but more often than not. If you are online you most likely are lying about something or someone.