Concession speeches on the right, thing of the past?

News and events of the day
Libertas

Concession speeches on the right, thing of the past?

Post by Libertas »

Hey you con fuckers, this is what we call an act of patriotism, didnt used to be, used to be routine.

https://youtu.be/6MF2hgYTT5o
I sigh in your general direction.
Ted

Re: Concession speeches on the right, thing of the past?

Post by Ted »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:22 am Hey you con fuckers, this is what we call an act of patriotism, didnt used to be, used to be routine.

Yes!

That con fucker Brisn Kemp acts like he is never going to concede or give a concession speech and I don't think he ever will.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Ted wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:39 am Yes!

That con fucker Brisn Kemp acts like he is never going to concede or give a concession speech and I don't think he ever will.
So you don't admit that almost no Republicans concede defeat now? I do think that Georgia election was unique in that one of the candidates was running the election itself, and there WAS a lot of hanky-panky that went on, although I'll admit that Brian Kemp had his limits with Trump.

But when you lose BIG and say you didn't, you'll never concede, that's a problem, don't you think?
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:44 am So you don't admit that almost no Republicans concede defeat now? I do think that Georgia election was unique in that one of the candidates was running the election itself, and there WAS a lot of hanky-panky that went on, although I'll admit that Brian Kemp had his limits with Trump.

But when you lose BIG and say you didn't, you'll never concede, that's a problem, don't you think?
No, it is a joke to them, and it will be a joke when maga start shooting actual patriots like you and me.

I keep saying this and I know I dont have to, but the SAME people that are talking on this board, most of them (they know who they are) will find a reason why it is OK when the violence against Americans starts. Hell, trump said it was OK to hang Mike Pence, you dont hear anyone even mention that.

BTW when the dumbest human alive said that it was OK and understandable to call for Pence to be hanged, he was sending a message in his very limited intellectual manner to anyone who crosses him in the future. They will be killed along with the 120 million Americans who oppose him. Maybe he will just have us imprisoned or deported.

Did you notice the thread I started asking if anyone would say they think trump wouldn't have his political opponents killed or imprisoned if he could and none of the cons argued with me. THINK WHAT THAT SAYS about them, they still support him by supporting ANY con and opposing ANY dem.

Gounion, my friend, this means when they come after YOUR FAMILY the people you are so politely talking to here will do NOTHING! I know this board would be boring without them to argue with and defeat in every single debate (which is proven daily), but it is not any different than talking to Nazi's in 1939.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Look, Lib, so far Ted, who doesn't post much, HAS seemed to be a conservative that is reasonable. But if even someone seemingly as reasonable as Ted will accept criminal activity from the right, well, I guess that says it all about the conservative world.

But I'd like to hear Ted's answer.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:59 am Look, Lib, so far Ted, who doesn't post much, HAS seemed to be a conservative that is reasonable. But if even someone seemingly as reasonable as Ted will accept criminal activity from the right, well, I guess that says it all about the conservative world.

But I'd like to hear Ted's answer.
Ask him if he thinks trump would NOT have his political opponents jailed or killed if he could, period.

Yes or no, the answer will tell us everything we need to know.

ps dont get me wrong, I enjoy watching you talk to them...as we have talked about before, but I cant talk to them...you understand.
Ted

Post by Ted »

gounion wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:44 am So you don't admit that almost no Republicans concede defeat now? I do think that Georgia election was unique in that one of the candidates was running the election itself, and there WAS a lot of hanky-panky that went on, although I'll admit that Brian Kemp had his limits with Trump.

Republicans refusing to concede is a rarity but it is something that needs to stop completely. Trump was the worst about this by far and he was the leader of the party when he refused to acknowledge that he lost the election.

People who refuse to admit defeat after the results have been finalized are assholes.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:02 am Ask him if he thinks trump would NOT have his political opponents jailed or killed if he could, period.

Yes or no, the answer will tell us everything we need to know.

ps dont get me wrong, I enjoy watching you talk to them...as we have talked about before, but I cant talk to them...you understand.
No. Trump would not have his political opponents jailed or killed.

He would have relentlessly attacked his political opponents in a very public and juvenile way but to suggest he would have them jailed or killed is a far-fetched and irrational conclusion to draw.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

There you have it, trump has proven he will do this of course, publicly kisses the behinds of world leaders who do it now, yet his supporters wont admit he would do it.

THIS is why it is gonna be real bad. That comment from the con just now is an act of violence by itself, I am sure I dont have to explain why.

I mean he said hanging Pence was understandable and he prevented Jan 6 from being stopped. The denial by cons as you can see RIGHT HERE will directly result in dead Americans.

Notice that I am far fetched and irrational for even suggesting it?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/02/politics ... index.html

Ah ha ha ha ha. Actually not. At all. Because Putin’s government has a long history of cracking down on journalists who aren’t willing to toe Putin’s preferred line on, well, everything. Investigative journalist Ivan Golunov was arrested last month on drug charges – which he insists were made up – after a series of reports detailing corruption within Russian government. (An ambulance doctor who examined Golunov said that the reporter had a concussion, bruising and possible broken ribs.) Last April, investigative reporter Maxim Borodin died after falling from his fifth story apartment. (Russian officials did not pursue a criminal inquiry of Borodin’s death.)

“Russia has a record of brushing aside suspicious deaths of members of the press,” said Nina Ognianova, a program coordinator with the Committee to Protect Journalists, at the time. “We urge authorities on both the regional and federal level to consider that Borodin may have been attacked and that his investigative journalism was the motive.”

Trump’s comments to Putin – “you don’t have this problem in Russia” – seem to overlook the violence with which Russia deals with reporters who don’t write what the government wants. And this is far from the only time that Trump has praised the power (and methods of retaining that power) of rogue dictators and authoritarian rulers. FAR from it.

Consider this:
I could do this all day.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsole ... 7344565392

Trump Said He’s Cozier With ‘Tougher And Meaner’ Dictators, Calls Them Smarter Than Biden
And we have heard the people who know him the best say he would absolutely do this, his biographer and others. OF COURSE he would do it, but like I assumed, his supporters wont admit it which is exactly why it will happen or if it happens it will be their fault. Trump cant do the horrible things he does without people helping him with approval or looking the other way which we see RIGHT HERE TODAY!

https://www.vox.com/world/2019/10/18/20 ... -ceasefire

Trump loves dictators. Erdogan is the latest to take advantage of that.
The troubles facing Syria — and troubles elsewhere — are in large part caused not by America’s weakness, but by Trump’s.
It is now we remember what Maya Angelou said: ~Maya Angelou. Remember this because it will happen many times in your life. When people show you who they are the first time believe them.

FUCK YOU TO HELL for even PRETENDING he wont do this :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:26 am There you have it, trump has proven he will do this of course, publicly kisses the behinds of world leaders who do it now, yet his supporters wont admit he would do it.
Ted was, and is, clearly NOT a Trump supporter Libertas. His consistent posting during all those four long years of Trump showed that.

I don't think there's a Trump supporter who's currently a member of this board.

:|

Not even one.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Again, and for the LAST TIME, by voting for ANY con, by opposing ANY politician who OPPOSES the cons, you are supporting trump.

Trump is the leader of the GOP, you vote GOP you vote for TRUMP

You OPPOSE the only political party or force on earth able to stop trump, you are supporting trump.

This is not complicated.

God dammit, still playing these games? :twisted:

Trump said it was common sense to want to hang Mike Pence

Trump: It was 'common sense' for Jan. 6 rioters to chant 'Hang ...https://www.washingtonpost.com › politics › 2021/11/12
1 day ago — Former president Donald Trump said he considered it “common sense” for his supporters to chant “Hang Mike Pence!” during the Jan

https://www.google.com/search?q=trump+c ... e&ie=UTF-8

Denying he will consider it common sense to do what every dictator he admires does, is an act of a coward who will stand by while innocent Americans are attacked and you know it.

This is how a democracy dies. Trump has proven that of course he will use violence and kill or imprison his opponents if he can, but the SO CALLED reasonable people on the right deny this, therefore making it a CERTAINTY to happen if he gets the power to do it. And maybe trump wont need to kill or imprison because he has the GOP refuse to certify elections they lose or goes around the law as explained here:

NEW: Americans Must Understand Just How Badly Steve Bannon Wants to Go to Jail
There are circumstances in which a political radical benefits from a jail stint—and all indications are that Trump agent and dangerous insurrectionist Steve Bannon thinks he's in such circumstances.

(1) His place in a second Trump administration. While Bannon is a consummate liar, if there’s one thing we know he does believe in, it’s that Trump will be re-installed as President of the United States one way or another in the next 36 months—whether it takes the theft of the 2024 presidential election by lawless Trumpist elections officials or a vote by a GOP-led state legislature beholden to Trump and willing to throw out the votes of its constituents by the millions if they don’t go Trump’s way. So right now what Bannon wants more than anything is to be a power-broker in the second coming of Trump’s autocratic enterprise, just as he was at the beginning (and end) of the first.
copy pasted from a post at DU which took it from his blog I assume, Seth Abramson
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:37 am Again, and for the LAST TIME, by voting for ANY con, by opposing ANY politician who OPPOSES the cons, you are supporting trump.

Trump is the leader of the GOP, you vote GOP you vote for TRUMP

You OPPOSE the only political party or force on earth able to stop trump, you are supporting trump.

This is not complicated.

God dammit, still playing these games? :twisted:

Trump said it was common sense to want to hang Mike Pence
The fallacy of slothful induction,,, you're the illogical game player here Libertas.

I've pointed this out to you before.

:(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slothful_induction
Drak

Post by Drak »

Ted wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:24 am No. Trump would not have his political opponents jailed or killed.

He would have relentlessly attacked his political opponents in a very public and juvenile way but to suggest he would have them jailed or killed is a far-fetched and irrational conclusion to draw.
Tell that to Mike Pence. It’s not at all far fetched if you were following along. Trump isn’t normal. He incited an insurrection and attempted a coup. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger, republicans, have confirmed GOP members of congress have received death threats. There have been reports from early on that Trump asked about jailing journalists, like Putin. A guy that acts this way and constantly praises the world’s worst despots doesn’t make it far fetched.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
bradman

Post by bradman »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:22 am
Now that's something new. After listening to his concession speech.......i do believe it was a tear i wiped from my cheek. Why, for a moment, i had a fleeting thought that i'd even be able to vote for a politician like him...............Then the thought went away. :)
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
gounion

Post by gounion »

Ted wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:20 am Republicans refusing to concede is a rarity but it is something that needs to stop completely. Trump was the worst about this by far and he was the leader of the party when he refused to acknowledge that he lost the election.

People who refuse to admit defeat after the results have been finalized are assholes.
And is it not true that it happens far more on the right?

The problem is, the GOP has decided to question the very voting system our nation relies upon, and is reverting to voting laws that were outlawed by the Voting Rights Act. The only people they want to vote are people that vote GOP.
Ted

Post by Ted »

gounion wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:38 am And is it not true that it happens far more on the right?

The problem is, the GOP has decided to question the very voting system our nation relies upon, and is reverting to voting laws that were outlawed by the Voting Rights Act. The only people they want to vote are people that vote GOP.
It may happen more on the right. I don't know if there is a list of Rs and Ds refusing to concede a loss in an election but it wouldn't surprise me if there were more Republicans on that list. It should not happen at all.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Ted wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:39 am Yes!

Is that Theodore Roosevelt in your avatar?

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Ted wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:05 pm It may happen more on the right. I don't know if there is a list of Rs and Ds refusing to concede a loss in an election but it wouldn't surprise me if there were more Republicans on that list. It should not happen at all.
And yet, it does, and you accept this status quo?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Today in Singing Mammy:
sam lefthand wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:35 am Ted was, and is, clearly NOT a Trump supporter Libertas. His consistent posting during all those four long years of Trump showed that.

I don't think there's a Trump supporter who's currently a member of this board.

:|

Not even one.
Donald Trump just went on television and openly rationalized his Silvershirts hanging Mike Pence, one of the biggest fascists in town, whereas Ted sez he doesn't think Trump would jail or kill his opponents.

The reason this country is in the state it's in is due to compliant so-called white moderates like you guys, because you're the welcome mat for rightwing authoritarianism.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Ted »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:29 pm Is that Theodore Roosevelt in your avatar?
Yes
Ted

Post by Ted »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:30 pm And yet, it does, and you accept this status quo?
I believe people who lose elections should concede when the results are final. Doing otherwise reflects poorly on the person and their party.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:40 pm Today in Singing Mammy:

Donald Trump just went on television and openly rationalized his Silvershirts hanging Mike Pence, one of the biggest fascists in town, whereas Ted sez he doesn't think Trump would jail or kill his opponents.

The reason this country is in the state it's in is due to compliant so-called white moderates like you guys, because you're the welcome mat for rightwing authoritarianism.
Yeah, so true.

If Obama or Bill Clinton had said any of the fascist things trump said, and I knew based on history that either MEANT them, I would have instantly disowned and disavowed them. Cons never do.

But look who I'm telling ;)
My frustration is I knew this about them BEFORE 2016 and yet I watched while some folks behaved like they had no idea.

And BTW I have recently been admonished AGAIN by you know who that I am wrong that certain rightwingers are not trump supporters:

1. of course you are unless you actively vote against him and his party and denounce them, which they dont do
and
2. why in the FUCK would any of us BELEIVE any con on here when they say they arent?
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Ted wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:45 pmYes
Thought so. Just so you know, TR was a WN.

Theodore Roosevelt reviews race relations, Feb. 13, 1905 - Politico
He referred to white Americans as “the forward race,” who had the responsibility to raise the status of minorities through training “the backward race[s] in industrial efficiency, political capacity and domestic morality.” He asserted that the white citizenry bore the burden of “preserving the high civilization wrought out by its forefathers.”
Revisiting the tangled legacy of Theodore Roosevelt National Park - National Geographic
“The most vicious cowboy has more moral principle than the average Indian,” Roosevelt declared in an 1886 speech. “The truth is, the Indians never had any real title to the soil,” he wrote three years later in The Winning of the West.
On Filipinos: Message of the President, Dec. 3, 1901 - US State Department, Office of the Historian
It is no light task for a nation to achieve the temperamental qualities without which the institutions of free government are but an empty mockery. Our people are now successfully governing themselves, because for more than a thousand years they have been slowly fitting themselves, sometimes consciously, sometimes unconsciously, toward this end. What has taken us thirty generations to achieve, we cannot expect to see another race accomplish out of hand, especially when large portions of that race start very far behind the point which our ancestors had reached even thirty generations ago. In dealing with the Philippine people we must show both patience and strength, forbearance and steadfast resolution. Our aim is high. We do not desire to do for the islanders merely what has elsewhere been done for tropic peoples by even the best foreign governments. We hope to do for them what has never before been done for any people of the tropics—to make them fit for self-government after the fashion of the really free nations.
The Brownsville Affair - PBS
The Brownsville Affair was a racial incident that grew out of tensions between whites in Brownsville, Texas and black infantrymen stationed at nearby Fort Brown. The infantrymen had been subjected to racial discrimination since they arrived. A shooting incident in town on the night of August 13 left a white bartender dead and a police officer wounded. Although white commanders at Fort Brown affirmed that all black soldiers were in their barracks at the time of the shooting, local whites claimed that black soldiers had been seen firing. They produced spent shells from army rifles to allegedly support their statements.

Despite evidence that indicated the shells had been planted, investigators accepted the statements of the white community. When the black soldiers were pressured to name who fired the shots, they insisted that they had no knowledge of the shooting.

Despite evidence of a frame-up, investigators accepted the statements of the mayor and the white citizens that black soldiers had fired the shots that killed the white man.

Although there was no trial, and the men were not given a hearing or the opportunity to confront their accusers, President Theodore Roosevelt ordered 167 black infantrymen discharged without honor because of their alleged conspiracy of silence. Some of the men dismissed had over twenty years of service and were only a short time away from retirement with pensions. All of this was taken away from them. Blacks were furious at Roosevelt's action, and Booker T. Washington was anguished over the unjust action. Although he did not criticize the president publicly, he protested in private; still, Roosevelt dismissed his plea to reconsider. Even some whites criticized the President. A United States Senate committee investigated the episode in 1907-08 and upheld Roosevelt's action.

In 1970, John D. Weaver's THE BROWNSVILLE RAID investigated the incident in depth, and the writer concluded that the discharged soldiers had been innocent. The army conducted a new investigation and, in 1972, reversed the order of 1906.
There is a ton more and far worse in this book, which I happen to own.

White-conservative heroes are trash.

All of them.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Yikes what a piece of shit he was!

No wonder righty likes him, or some of them do. Most dont know who he is of course.

I have a family member who like trump did not know who MLK Jr was or Hitler.

Oh, CJ's post to righty here is the message board BEATING of a life time! :lol:
Last edited by Libertas on Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drak

Post by Drak »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:40 pm Today in Singing Mammy:

Good German Syndrome.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine