Concession speeches on the right, thing of the past?

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: Concession speeches on the right, thing of the past?

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:14 pm Good German Syndrome.
More like Good Citizens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_Citizen

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:14 pm Good German Syndrome.
But board con says no way trump would imprison or kill his political opponents assuming he had the power to and needed to inorder to maintain power, that I am far-fetched and irrational to even suggest it.
I sigh in your general direction.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:15 pm More like Good Citizens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_Citizen
I remember reading that before. Long time ago.

Amazing how we are right back here isnt it, and the cons EVEN HERE are denying there is a problem...
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:13 pm Yikes what a piece of shit he was!

No wonder righty likes him, or some of them do. Most dont know who he is of course.
They know who he is.

These things are WHY they admire his violence, his rough riding, his open, flagrant racism, his warmongering, and hold him up to be some kind of admirable character because of it.

IDK if you caught the part in the quote about Booker T. Washington, who didn't speak up about what he knew to be dead wrong during the Brownsville Affair. I don't hate Booker T. Washington for colluding with a vicious WN, because the lack of options for anyone doing civil rights work for African Americans and anyone else were so extreme, but it's behavior like this which people really despise about him.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:17 pm But board con says no way trump would imprison or kill his political opponents assuming he had the power to and needed to inorder to maintain power, that I am far-fetched and irrational to even suggest it.
Trump is a sociopathic narcissist and blatant fascist authoritarian who constantly praises the world's worst despots, refuses to concede a free and fair election and attempted a coup where he sought to have members of congress and his own VP harmed. None of this is hyperbole. He committed serious crimes while in office including attempting to blackmail a foreign nation to help him win an election and an insurrection to maintain power after he lost a free and fair election. He committed a least 10 counts of obstruction of justice during the Mueller investigation trying to bury his collusion with Russia. Anyone claiming Trump wouldn't jail or murder his enemies and claims this is tinfoil, is lying. I'd say I was astonished but I'm not.
Last edited by Drak on Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:23 pm Trump is a sociopathic narcissist and blatant fascist authoritarian who constantly praises the world's worst despots, refuses to concede a free and fair election and attempted a coup where he sought to have members of congress and his own VP harmed. None of this is hyperbole. He committed serious crimes while in office including attempting to blackmail a foreign nation to help him win an election and an insurrection to maintain power after he lost a free and fair election. He committed a least 10 counts of obstruction of justice during the Mueller investigation trying to bury his collusion with Russia. Anyone claiming Trump wouldn't jail or murder his enemies is and claims this is tinfoil lying. I'd say I was astonished but I'm not.
So either board con and the others unwilling to go on record are either liars or have convinced themselves they can walk in rain and not get wet.
Big fan of this paragraph of yours, may want to borrow it, I will ask first.

Did you see

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/the ... es-1-1-056
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:18 pm I remember reading that before. Long time ago.

Amazing how we are right back here isnt it, and the cons EVEN HERE are denying there is a problem...
Well, we are the problem, to these confederates. Their collusion with the worst that white-conservative authoritarianism has to offer is never the problem. Noncompliance and nonconformity with white-conservative norms is the problem, and is deeply threatening to them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:30 pm Well, we are the problem, to these confederates. Their collusion with the worst that white-conservative authoritarianism has to offer is never the problem. Noncompliance and nonconformity with white-conservative norms is the problem, and is deeply threatening to them.
And we have an example here of the white person in the middle, so to speak, who will land on siding with the cons out of a need to be accepted by them.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:31 pm And we have an example here of the white person in the middle, so to speak, who will land on siding with the cons out of a need to be accepted by them.
Oh, it's not even so-to-speak. He is one.

So is Sam Lefthand, Brad "Fence-sitter" Man, that sock they defend, and glennfs and JoeMemphis, open confederates who kid themselves that they present as reasonable conservatives.

MLK had these guys' number, decades ago, back when reasonable conservatives actually existed despite it being the height of the Jim Crow period.

Conservative whites have gotten WAY worse, not just since our parent's generation, but since the turn of last century. That includes these so-called moderates, who are really just USian fascism enablers.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Bludogdem »

Ted wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:24 am No. Trump would not have his political opponents jailed or killed.

He would have relentlessly attacked his political opponents in a very public and juvenile way but to suggest he would have them jailed or killed is a far-fetched and irrational conclusion to draw.
Seems occasionally rational thinking and common sense progressivism is in supply here.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Bludogdem wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:49 pm Seems occasionally rational thinking and common sense progressivism is in supply here.
False.

You are a sock and a troll with zero credibility and you’re here playing games. There are plenty of conservative never Trumpers who understand and are aware of the reality.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:52 pm False.

You are a sock and a troll with zero credibility and you’re here playing games. There are plenty of conservative never Trumpers who understand and are aware of the reality.
Did we get another con admitting they would sit back and let trump imprison or kill his opponents? I am surprised they are this willing to watch democracy die, or am I?

This little test of mine exposed these two, so far, to acknowledge they oppose your ability to survive. I guess we all understand that.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:49 pm Seems occasionally rational thinking and common sense progressivism is in supply here.
Sock.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:59 pmSock.
Sock who has admitted if trump gets the power to attack us he will do nothing about it.

I feel dirty sometimes when I come here.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:49 pm common sense
Trump Says Rioters Wanting to Kill Mike Pence on Jan. 6 Was “Common Sense” - Slate

You keep using that term. You should probably stop using it the way you're using it.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:00 pm Sock who has admitted if trump gets the power to attack us he will do nothing about it.

I feel dirty sometimes when I come here.
Well, don't take that on yourself.

They are the ones who are dirty.

American conservatism is full of willfully dirty people.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

Trump did promise to lock up Hillary. Wait once, that never did happen, did it?
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:02 pm Well, don't take that on yourself.

They are the ones who are dirty.

American conservatism is full of willfully dirty people.
And I'm still frustrated with people who are not accepting how bad this is, how horrible and violent mainstream trump supporters are going to be, that it's just a question of when not if.

If Rittenhouse is convicted, violence. If he is let off, the appropriate civil response will guarantee they respond with violence.

Same for Ahmed Arbury trial...

Wait, he isnt on trial, he's dead. Travis McMichael, Gregory McMichael and William "Roddie" Bryan Jr trial.

If convicted there will be violence, if let off or let off easy there will be an appropriate civil response GUARANTEED to be met with violence by the board cons or who they support.

p.s. make that now THREE board cons saying trump wont do it...
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:25 pm Trump did promise to lock up Hillary. Wait once, that never did happen, did it?
You forgot to include a link to some sh#tty one-horse-town op-ed from a Rupert Murdoch newspaper, like you did here. viewtopic.php?p=3808#p3808

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

bradman wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:25 pm Trump did promise to lock up Hillary. Wait once, that never did happen, did it?
There’s that pattern again. Dismantling democracy doesn’t happen over night, Trump attempted a coup, sought to have members of congress harmed and committed serious crimes while in office.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:31 pm There’s that pattern again. Dismantling democracy doesn’t happen over night, Trump attempted a coup, sought to have members of congress harmed and committed serious crimes while in office.
Three board members now saying "nah, he wouldn't do that!" They might as well sell popcorn to your or my public execution or arrest.

Trump SAID IT WAS UNDERSTANDABLE to want to HANG PENCE

He LOVES and WORSHIPS dictators who imprison and kill their political opponents

But no, if he had the power to he would have walked out of the WH and let Joe take over if he had a willing DOJ and Pentagon and so on to violently keep him in power :twisted: nobody believes that

Drak, my friend, and others, that is why you never see me quote them here. I wont talk to them, they are passively supporting my incarceration or death as sure as this board needs a little color to it...I dont mean color of posters, kinda drab, but not complaining!

People who would with a straight face say trump wont commit violence or have it commited to keep him in power need to be shamed and ignored.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:34 pmTrump SAID IT WAS UNDERSTANDABLE to want to HANG PENCE
Yes it's common sense, he sez.

It may help to remember these people's long legacy of lynchmobs against people not like themselves. They start with their own families.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:34 pm Three board members now saying "nah, he wouldn't do that!" They might as well sell popcorn to your or my public execution or arrest.

Trump SAID IT WAS UNDERSTANDABLE to want to HANG PENCE

He LOVES and WORSHIPS dictators who imprison and kill their political opponents

But no, if he had the power to he would have walked out of the WH and let Joe take over if he had a willing DOJ and Pentagon and so on to violently keep him in power :twisted: nobody believes that

Drak, my friend, and others, that is why you never see me quote them here. I wont talk to them, they are passively supporting my incarceration or death as sure as this board needs a little color to it...I dont mean color of posters, kinda drab, but not complaining!

People who would with a straight face say trump wont commit violence or have it commited to keep him in power need to be shamed and ignored.
i think it's more important not to panic.

Most all of those people that would, perhaps, have entertained the idea of hanging Pence are now in, or headed to, jail time.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
gounion

Post by gounion »

You have no clue as to what either of these things are.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:21 pm i think it's more important not to panic.
Most all of those people that would, perhaps, have entertained the idea of hanging Pence are now in, or headed to, jail time.
This country has a very serious white-conservative vigilante problem, and you're a part of it.

Kyle Rittenhouse is one such white-conservative vigilante. The Jan. 6th vigilantes are Rittenhouse supporters, as you are.

They support him, as you do, because they also support a rightwing authoritarian state. That person is MAGA, these people are MAGA, and you just posted an op-ed from rightwing nutjob-owned publication.

~ Ida B. Wells