Storming The Capital 2: A Counter Storm is Coming

News and events of the day
Number6

Re: Storming The Capital 2: A Counter Storm is Coming

Post by Number6 »

Libertas wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:20 pm I think the vast majority of the assholes, the traitors, the folks there that day with the maturity level of a 12 yr old, would not have killed Pelosi or anyone else when it came down to it. But I do think the proud boys and the 3 % and the others like that would have without hesitation, which is how these things work.

Most of the people there that would not kill them would not do so because they are cowards, all talk, no action. Though just going there that day does mean they may be capable of doing the LAST THING you can do and claim to be a xtian.
I like the line from Roadhouse when Dalton is telling the staff there are "Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry. " I think that describes them fairly well.
When you vote left, you vote right.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Number6 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:39 pm I like the line from Roadhouse when Dalton is telling the staff there are "Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry. " I think that describes them fairly well.
Yes, but "in the madness of crowds" people will do far worse than they normally will.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Drak wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:30 pm I think there were a few there that would have definitely killed Pelosi and Mike the Coward Pence. The ones attacking the Police officers and shouting out looking for Pelosi and Pence. And the Terrorists carrying zip ties, etc.
The Group Mentality takes over. There were people at the U.S. Capitol Building who wanted blood. They wanted to hang Mike Pence, Nancy Pelosi and AOC as well as anyone they could find. There was definitely blood lust that crowd of Insurrectionists.

They wanted to nullify Biden's Election any way they could. It was not some innocent protest, this was a pre-planned attempt to install a dictator for life.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Senator Sheldon Whitehouse just said it's likely Republican House members purposely delayed actions in the house on January 6th to allow for the insurrectionist killers to come in and do their thing.

All cons are guilty.
I sigh in your general direction.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

The Washington Post is now reporting the House January 6 Committee Is Expected To Subpoena John Eastman, author of "The Eastman Memo" which outlined how to deny President Biden his office.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html.

Sorry about the paywall.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

marindem01 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:38 pm The Washington Post is now reporting the House January 6 Committee Is Expected To Subpoena John Eastman, author of "The Eastman Memo" which outlined how to deny President Biden his office.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html.

Sorry about the paywall.
And just now Rachel played a video of a person pretending to be a trumper talking to this prick and he reverses
him saying he was wrong to do it....fucking scum.

In other words he didnt know he was talking to a patriot, thought he was talking to another traitor aka trumper and he said his legal attempt to overthrow the govt would have worked if Pence had not been an establishment guy...if he had just gone for it.

I dont know how to get the video, yet.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Libertas wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:47 pm And just now Rachel played a video of a person pretending to be a trumper talking to this prick and he reverses

In other words he didnt know he was talking to a patriot, thought he was talking to another traitor aka trumper and he said his legal attempt to overthrow the govt would have worked if Pence had not been an establishment guy...if he had just gone for it.

Yeah, I watch the same clip. Eastman what a dick.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

Libertas wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:47 pm And just now Rachel played a video of a person pretending to be a trumper talking to this prick and he reverses

He got caught gaslighting. Now, he'll double down on his claim of innocence. That's what conservatives do.
When you vote left, you vote right.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Number6 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:01 pm He got caught gaslighting. Now, he'll double down on his claim of innocence. That's what conservatives do.
At least he is consistent, like all repubs they never, not once, not ever, NEVER tell the truth.

I have said this about them for many, many years. I always meant it. It was always true.

Oh, and watching election officials on TV telling about rank and file republicans, trump supporters, THREATENING THEIR LIVES!

It is so simple folks, if you vote for a con anywhere ever from here on in you are NO different than those making those threats. PERIOD :twisted:
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

https://youtu.be/wUvnnwev_70

asshole of the month
Drak

Post by Drak »

Yep. That incriminating video is making the rounds all over the place.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

One of the most racist entities on earth, the republican party, redistricting in Texas is a shame we can never live down, if you are a Republican you are a racist and a scumbag.
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

Ahead of Jan. 6, Willard hotel in downtown D.C. was a Trump team ‘command center’ for effort to deny Biden the presidency

On Jan. 8, Kerik billed the Trump campaign for $66,371.54 in travel expenses, including $55,295 on rooms for legal team members at the Willard from Dec. 18 to Jan. 8, according to Kerik and documents reviewed by The Post. The legal team members referenced in the documents include Kerik, Giuliani and Eastman.
So they had army colonels who specialized in psychological operations and former homeland security nominee police executives meeting to plan the january 6 violence along with members of the legislature
Phil Waldron, a retired Army colonel who specialized in psychological operations, led a team of people who provided Kerik with analyses of state data, which purported to show fraudulent voting, according to two of the people familiar with activities at the Willard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11dZjZom-Ew
Drak

Post by Drak »

Nothing to see here. Just two unqualified GQP members of congress, one with a criminal record and the other being investigated for raping children, "joking" about making bombs and blowing things up.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:13 pm Nothing to see here. Just two unqualified GQP members of congress, one with a criminal record and the other being investigated for raping children, "joking" about making bombs and blowing things up.

They share a trait that is common with cons, immaturity. Childish behavour and thinking.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

It shows which side has the semiotic high ground. It shifts back and forth, and for one brief shining moment it was Biden the good guy fixing all the stuff the bad guys messed up. Now, it's flipped again, and Biden is a total fuckup and the patriots are out to get their country back.

You will note that I intend the previous sentence to be evaluated in its own terms, reflecting the tone of the moment. There is no truth here to speak of. The truth seems to be under review from Right Wing Opinion Central Authority.

For me, anyway, the truth is that a bunch of people were inspired by their opinion leaders to have a go at the old coup d'etat thing you hear so much about in places like the Middle East and North Africa. My interpretation has the advantage of fitting the few facts that have oozed out of the few media reporters who refuse to be intimidated. These seem to be intersubjectively verifiable from events. You don't need the Sunday pundits and/or the writers sitting in front their bookshelves with poorly lit Zoom cameras to tell you that.

The righties tried a coup, and it failed because it lacked the military and popular support that real revolutions need. Now we're in the phase where the people with the money are rewriting history and politicians are denying they ever said what they said at the time.

I don't buy the revisionist bullshit.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Drak

Post by Drak »

The coup might have failed for the moment, but it seems to be ongoing.

gounion

Post by gounion »

Well, the big problem is the supposed "middle-of-the-road-non-Trumpers" like Glenn and Joe pretend to be. Glenn denies it was any big deal at all, just a protest that went wrong. Joe spends his time pretending it never happened, and not responding to any of it. He still supports and will vote for those who supported the riots.

Glenn says his Congressman, who (a) supported the riots and (b) says the election was stolen and Trump should be President is his best Congressman ever.
Drak

Post by Drak »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:54 am Well, the big problem is the supposed "middle-of-the-road-non-Trumpers" like Glenn and Joe pretend to be. Glenn denies it was any big deal at all, just a protest that went wrong. Joe spends his time pretending it never happened, and not responding to any of it. He still supports and will vote for those who supported the riots.

Glenn says his Congressman, who (a) supported the riots and (b) says the election was stolen and Trump should be President is his best Congressman ever.
It's all about ego with both of them. Ego, denial, and radicalization.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/marjo ... d=msedgntp

Guy who violently attacked cop is supported by MTG...this is the kind of shit our board cons ignore.

Marjorie Taylor Greene supports letter from a 'non-violent' Capitol rioter who was filmed attacking an officer and saying he punched his head five times
Their ignoring this shit and not vehemently calling it out, side by side with us, is WHY the future is very bad, VERY BAD.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:54 am Well, the big problem is the supposed "middle-of-the-road-non-Trumpers" like Glenn and Joe pretend to be. Glenn denies it was any big deal at all, just a protest that went wrong. Joe spends his time pretending it never happened, and not responding to any of it. He still supports and will vote for those who supported the riots.

Once again you misrepresent what I have posted. I don’t pretend it didn’t happen. I simply have confidence in the current DOJ to properly investigate and handle the matter. You know. The DOJ which is run by AG Garland who reports directly to President Biden. What I don’t understand is the lack of confidence from people like you in the government institutions your party currently controls.
Drak

Post by Drak »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:03 pm What I don’t understand is the lack of confidence from people like you in the government institutions your party currently controls.
This is not at all accurate.

Conservative corporations control the media, and pretty much the entire country at this point. The FBI knew there were incoming threats on Jan 6, and Christopher Wray, a Federalist and the director of the FBI, stated he hadn't heard about it. How didn't he hear about it when people on this very board had? And were warning about it before it happened? The Trump administration has had 4+ years to further corrupt the foundations of the legal and political system. We now have GOP politicians making open threats with no consequences, as well as chaos operations happening all over America. As has been pointed out by those paying attention.

gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:03 pm Once again you misrepresent what I have posted. I don’t pretend it didn’t happen. I simply have confidence in the current DOJ to properly investigate and handle the matter. You know. The DOJ which is run by AG Garland who reports directly to President Biden. What I don’t understand is the lack of confidence from people like you in the government institutions your party currently controls.
You don't even think the Congress should investigate.

A DoJ investigation will only get those who were there on Jan. 6th.

Which is what you obviously want.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Steve Bannon is still walking around free, even though he violated a congressional subpoena. Will he be indicted or arrested? Not too confidant he will be at this point. Hope I'm wrong.

Trump pardoned co-conspirators. People who should be in prison. Roger Stone communicated with Russian Military Intelligence and was found guilty. His partner in crime pardoned him. Trump also pardoned Mike Flynn, who is currently going around the country riling people up for another civil war and funding fraudits, and he also pardoned Steve Bannon for serious crimes. And none of the local Conservatives chimed in. They don't give a shit. They don't care that the GOP attempted a coup.

JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:12 pm You don't even think the Congress should investigate.

A DoJ investigation will only get those who were there on Jan. 6th.

Which is what you obviously want.
I don’t have a problem with Congress investigating. That’s clearly what oversight is about. However, Congress has limited ability to investigate such matters. Law enforcement (DOJ) has tools that Congress does not have.