RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:04 pm 
Policy Wonk

There is no doubt the FED has it hand into moving wealth from one class to another. My point is more along the lines of even if we abolish the FED, another institution similar in structure, serving a similar purpose, run by many of the same people, will helm the next version.

The facilities in Pontiac were private, I cannot say that they were public funded. My point being that as Detroit burns, decays, and erodes into the history books, one can only wonder. The people who made the decisions, the money of the industry so to speak, have not seemed to suffer from the supposed down turn in the auto industry. In fact, they seem to be doing quite well. You have million dollar homes, just minutes away from the burned out rubble of Detroit. The lesson being, f the average worker, we got ours, we left the bills elsewhere, and our kids can play 11v11 soccer indoors year round. But it must have been the greed of workers that caused all of the strife in Detroit, as the money does not seem to have suffered at all.

The subject of professional sports is the modern day equivalent of the bread and circus. We cannot find millions to properly fund our schools, but we can find billions to build sports facilities for millionaire players and billionaire owners. We will allow the public to believe it's ok by hiding the theft in a "sin-tax" (in most cases) so only those drinkers, and smokers, will get to pay for a good percentage. We gloss over the cost associated with the health concerns of the very people were taxing by promoting the very behaviors that lead to those diseases. Instead the talk is about the jobs that it will bring to the community. We all know that most people can get buy on the money made selling hotdogs at sporting events.

We further dilute our students education by failing to pass and adhere to a minimal standard for a core curriculum. Better to have those states decide what is best for their students, for it is trampling the rights of citizens for the Federal Government to say, hey can we agree, on volunteer basis, that this should be the minimum? Nope. After all the best way to compete in a world economy is to argue about creationism -vs- evolution.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

well, mcslain, if you are, as it seems you are, saying that we cannot rid ourselves of a system of oppression and exploitation, then what are we to do?

mere wonder is ok for a while, but wonder wears thin or at least requires anesthetizing to dull the awareness so that mere wonder is an acceptable state of ignorance.

that is what most of the social distractors are for, of course, blinders for which you pay a subscription to keep blinding one's face. education is to the purpose of socialization, another brick in the wall.

so, if one cannot sufficiently anesthetize and knowing that fighting the system is useless, then is the remaking options to join in and polish the boot prior to putting it someone else's neck?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:01 pm 
Policy Wonk

I don't know? What will replace the FED in your utopia? I am stating that before the FED other Central banks of similar structure existed, so I do not think it is leap to believe that a FED version 5.1 would follow.

Ignorance is bliss, and there are times I enjoy my lack of knowledge. My wife has spent the last decade reading profusely on a variety of subjects. With her new found knowledge she often laments that she is not happier now that she is more aware. So yes, on occasion, a suitable state of ignorance is acceptable.

My children are being prepared to enter the world as self sustaining adults. The socialization of school is part of their overall preparation for that life. They also augment their schooling with other socialization methods including art, music, and sports. My hope is for them to be prepared to do with their lives whatever they wish. Being able to be active participant in a society in a world with 7 billion plus people seems to be a decent goal.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:47 am 
Board Emeritus

be assured, i have no utopian expectations or desires. the amercan ethos i promote is classic pragmatism.

as i lost a longer answer to your question, however, i will simply note here that i favor the removal of the charter of the Federal Reserve respecting the so-called twin mandates, neither of which the FED has effectively discharged.

Further, I would remove from the remit of the FED their authorization to issue money and credit. That authority should reside with the US govt as per the Constitution.

In short, I favor the route started by John F Kennedy's Executive Order 11110 issued on June 4, 1963.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:34 pm 
Policy Wonk

Maybe you should read his last paragraph

Perhaps the assassination of JFK was a warning to future presidents who would think to eliminate the U.S. debt by eliminating the Federal Reserve's control over the creation of money.

Wonder if our new Pope will meet a similar fate?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

and what does that suggest to you?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

well, mcslain, if you are, as it seems you are, saying that we cannot rid ourselves of a system of oppression and exploitation, then what are we to do?

mere wonder is ok for a while, but wonder wears thin or at least requires anesthetizing to dull the awareness so that mere wonder is an acceptable state of ignorance.

that is what most of the social distractors are for, of course, blinders for which you pay a subscription to keep blinding one's face. education is to the purpose of socialization, another brick in the wall.

so, if one cannot sufficiently anesthetize and knowing that fighting the system is useless, then is the remaking options to join in and polish the boot prior to putting it someone else's neck?

please pardon one for not responding for a while. things have been chaotic.

yes, bread and circuses whether in the colosseum of antiquity or the stadia of today are there to maintain social order. the frantic attempts to dispel any concern over inequality are simply those of the elites, generally but not always non-elected, seeking to maintain their position and even profit from the chaos. the fed is but one example of the distortion, my term for the political economy manipulation. the naive belief that the fed would be devoid of politics is astoundingly simplistic. the same applies to lifetime appointed judges. hell they are appointed by politicians.

the question becomes not simply what can or should we do but rather what will be the impact and what will be the system that takes the place of what we have. i, for one, do not have the belief that any so-called call to "restore the constitution" or some such simplistic sloganeering means anything. it does not address impact. it does not address the system replacement. it addresses nothing. it does make for nice sound bites though. and it also allows for continued distortion by those who financially back those who bleat it.

is complete collapse necessary? it very well may be.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

and they call me a nihilist, bird! sorry to learn of chaos, and yes, it is the norm.

i would be happy enough were we to be further along the line of abiding by the constitution rather than restoring it. as analog, the White House was on the verge of absolute structural collapse until Harry Truman committed to restoration.

All that remains in that restoration is the facade. i would have few higher expectations for a constitutional restoration.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:36 pm 

Second Machine Age is joined by Second Monetary Age: No more cash money. It begins with getting rid of that pesky, pesky penny everyone is supposed to hate.'Rounding up or down benefits everyone! It's more efficient! More expedient! You'll never even miss it!' Every single transaction is now electronic; logged and loaded. It might make today look like we still have a shred of privacy. And it will be very hard to be poor when there's not even spare change.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:22 am 
Board Emeritus

Second Machine Age is joined by Second Monetary Age: No more cash money. It begins with getting rid of that pesky, pesky penny everyone is supposed to hate.'Rounding up or down benefits everyone! It's more efficient! More expedient! You'll never even miss it!' Every single transaction is now electronic; logged and loaded. It might make today look like we still have a shred of privacy. And it will be very hard to be poor when there's not even spare change.

Paper becomes electronic. And much easier to steal, imo. No system is safe from hacking. And as for the poor? Well they are nearly invisible now but that's just a moral failing. After all it can't be an inherent problem within the system since "we defeated communism."

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus