Secret Service’s January 6 text messages story has shifted several times, panel told

News and events of the day
Libertas

Secret Service’s January 6 text messages story has shifted several times, panel told

Post by Libertas »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -january-6

The Secret Service’s account about how text messages from the day before and the day of the Capitol attack were erased has shifted several times, the inspector general for the Department of Homeland Security told the House January 6 select committee at a briefing on Friday.

At one point, the explanation from the Secret Service for the lost texts was because of software upgrades, the inspector general told the panel, while at another point, the explanation was because of device replacements.

A government watchdog has found that Secret Service agents deleted text messages sent and received around the January 6 attack.
Secret Service agents’ January 6 texts were erased after oversight request
Read more
The inspector general also said that though the secret service opted to have his office do a review of the agency’s response to the Capitol attack in lieu of conducting after-action reports, it then stonewalled the review by slow-walking production of materials.

Coverup.

Why bother posting here though, the people who need to see it, who need to learn from it, refuse to read it and refuse to acknowledge their political party is a terrorist organization.

How many more world leaders and world citizens have to tell them they are disgusted by them before they care? Other than NK and Russia and a couple ME countries, the world hates republicans.
I sigh in your general direction.
Libertas

Re: Secret Service’s January 6 text messages story has shifted several times, panel told

Post by Libertas »

I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Re: Secret Service’s January 6 text messages story has shifted several times, panel told

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:23 pm Priceless

https://twitter.com/kathy1wise/status/1 ... RVhsW7XDjA

Irony unlike any
Classic fox guarding the hen house.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

There's a certain irony in that job. A Secret Service agent is supposed to be willing to give up his life to protect the POTUS. Take a bullet for him if they must.

... it doesn't matter who that person is, they are supposed to be loyal to that office. Where I think then they start to get confused is this is not in turn abject loyalty to the person who holds it, and maybe especially once they no longer hold it (though I do know ex presidents DO get protection, but).

The POTUS - whoever it is - deserves protection. Donald Trump, the man, does not deserve their loyalty, if only again because I'm sure if push came to shove we know he'd put them under the bus in a microsecond. I have this feeling some got kinda lost on that picture.

They were supposed to protect his life while he was POTUS, not cover his ass while he's the Wedding Singer of Mierda-Lardo. :|
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

The USSS is a big agency that also does some kind of enforcement for the Treasury Department. Right now its most visible asset, the Presidential Protection Detail, is showing symptoms common to any poorly run agency. Leaks, flimsy cover stories that don't hold up, third-party reports of unseemly conduct on the road, etc etc. I would imagine that morale isn't what it could be. It may be time for some new people at the top.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22