Post by Libertas »

Cons never tell the truth, my friend.

N E V E R

and we know that!
I sigh in your general direction.
JoeMemphis

Re: The Price of Gas is So High How High is it

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:53 pm Here you are lying AGAIN. Twice!

I wasn’t terminated. I wasn’t FORCED to retire, I did so to save other people’s jobs. Some people put the welfare of others before their own. You wouldn’t understand that.

And I loved to work. I built a career being very good at what I did. But, leaving my dream job, I’m not interested in working as a greeter at Walmart. So now I enjoy life and do a lot of volunteer work. I am working now for the local election commission getting ready for the upcoming primary. I will be working on Election Day.

But you think retiring is wrong, that there’s nothing greater than making money. You attack me over and over for doing so. A discussion about Tom Brady, you were the one that tried to make it about me by attacking people that retire as something to look down upon. It’s attitudes like yours that causes many sports figures to go into depressions when they can no longer play.

And let’s be clear: Brady isn’t working, he’s playing a game. And I may be wrong, but I recall you were talking about going to Florida to get a boat, not to get a job. But hey, you’re the one making this up as you go.
As I said. I don’t give a shit why you were asked to leave. I agreed not to bring it up. However you insist on bringing it up over and over. So if you don’t want to hear my opinion on your lack of employment, don’t bring it up. It’s that simple. Not every conversation on employment or retirement or careers is about GoU. There are other people in this world who work. There are other people in this world who have retired. There are other people in this world who have been asked to leave their place of employment. Just because the topic happens to come up in a thread doesn’t mean it’s about you. Not everything is about you. If you need to talk about you, go find a shrink or a dog. I could give a shit.

Finally, I don’t look down on people who retire. My wife is retired. I have retired friends. It’s just not for me. Some people do like to work.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:43 pm As I said. I don’t give a shit why you were asked to leave.
Then why did you make up lies about it? A question you'll never answer.
I agreed not to bring it up.
No, you said that yes, you were lying, and that you wouldn't lie about it any more. Of course, you KEEP lying about it, as you just did.
However you insist on bringing it up over and over. So if you don’t want to hear my opinion on your lack of employment, don’t bring it up.
You don't have any opinion, you just lie. If I said you "liked little boys", would that be an opinion, or would it be a lie?

It would be a lie. But I'd never do such a thing, but you know what, it's probably not beneath YOU to make such lies.
It’s that simple. Not every conversation on employment or retirement or careers is about GoU. There are other people in this world who work. There are other people in this world who have retired. There are other people in this world who have been asked to leave their place of employment. Just because the topic happens to come up in a thread doesn’t mean it’s about you. Not everything is about you. If you need to talk about you, go find a shrink or a dog. I could give a shit.
This is why you're such a piece of shit, because you KNOW that's what it was about, but again, you're not honest enough to stand up for what you said. You lie again and pretend it wasn't a shot against me.
Finally, I don’t look down on people who retire. My wife is retired. I have retired friends. It’s just not for me. Some people do like to work.
Your posting here shows that you look down on people that retire, and keep telling us how decent people WANT to work.

And now, like any real piece of shit, you try to pretend that you haven't made all those comments.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:15 pm Then why did you make up lies about it? A question you'll never answer.

No, you said that yes, you were lying, and that you wouldn't lie about it any more. Of course, you KEEP lying about it, as you just did.

You don't have any opinion, you just lie. If I said you "liked little boys", would that be an opinion, or would it be a lie?

It would be a lie. But I'd never do such a thing, but you know what, it's probably not beneath YOU to make such lies.

This is why you're such a piece of shit, because you KNOW that's what it was about, but again, you're not honest enough to stand up for what you said. You lie again and pretend it wasn't a shot against me.
Your posting here shows that you look down on people that retire, and keep telling us how decent people WANT to work.

And now, like any real piece of shit, you try to pretend that you haven't made all those comments.
You really do need to seek professional help. And just so you know, I don’t care what baseless allegations you make about me. It’s an anonymous board and your reputation for truth telling precedes you. You are welcome to say whatever you want. You do it anyway. You’ve done it for years. You’ve never had any facts.

Bottomline, if you don’t want to hear my opinion on your employment status, stop bringing it up. And unless I refer to you, I’m not talking about you. Not everything revolves around you. The topic we were discussing on the other thread was Tom Brady. You detailed it into a discussion about you. That’s on you.
bengal59

Post by bengal59 »

gounion wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:45 pm I'd say his wife is pissed. She wanted him to retire some years ago. But ego rules all to guys like him.

And just to show his ego, he made the big announcement during the revealing of the field for March Madness.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:18 pm You really do need to seek professional help. And just so you know, I don’t care what baseless allegations you make about me. It’s an anonymous board and your reputation for truth telling precedes you. You are welcome to say whatever you want. You do it anyway. You’ve done it for years. You’ve never had any facts.

Bottomline, if you don’t want to hear my opinion on your employment status, stop bringing it up. And unless I refer to you, I’m not talking about you. Not everything revolves around you. The topic we were discussing on the other thread was Tom Brady. You detailed it into a discussion about you. That’s on you.
Here you go again with personal insults. You're the one that can't help yourself. I don't need professional help, and you're not a medical professional who can make such prognosis. But you do it anyway, don't you?

You're the one that's the admitted liar. You're the one that made shit up about another member out of whole cloth and kept pushing the lies.

And you keep lying when you say you weren't attacking me on the thread about Brady. You know you were. But you're a fucking liar as always.

And I deal in facts, you don't. You deal in nothing but lies.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:09 am Here you go again with personal insults. You're the one that can't help yourself. I don't need professional help, and you're not a medical professional who can make such prognosis. But you do it anyway, don't you?

You're the one that's the admitted liar. You're the one that made shit up about another member out of whole cloth and kept pushing the lies.

And you keep lying when you say you weren't attacking me on the thread about Brady. You know you were. But you're a fucking liar as always.

And I deal in facts, you don't. You deal in nothing but lies.
No you deal in half truths and in your imagination. You just call them facts. You’ve done it for years. You just can’t stand it when people treat you the same way.

You said you were asked to leave. I believe that to be the truth. Based on what I know of you that’s very easy to believe. Your explanation for the reasoning behind the request sounds made up. Each member can believe what they choose to believe. I told you what I believe. I agreed not to bring it up again since I wasn’t in the room. But if you want to keep talking about it and and you insist on repeatedly bringing it up so you can play the victim, that’s up to you. That’s your choice. I haven’t changed my opinion. So you can keep on whining as much and as long as you please. It just reinforces my opinion that my opinion of the event is pretty close to reality.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:47 am No you deal in half truths and in your imagination. You just call them facts. You’ve done it for years. You just can’t stand it when people treat you the same way.
again, you’re the admitted liar. Deal with it.
You said you were asked to leave. I believe that to be the truth. Based on what I know of you that’s very easy to believe. Your explanation for the reasoning behind the request sounds made up. Each member can believe what they choose to believe. I told you what I believe. I agreed not to bring it up again since I wasn’t in the room. But if you want to keep talking about it and and you insist on repeatedly bringing it up so you can play the victim, that’s up to you. That’s your choice. I haven’t changed my opinion. So you can keep on whining as much and as long as you please. It just reinforces my opinion that my opinion of the event is pretty close to reality.
:lol: :lol:

This is just your newest lie. You didn’t give anything as “opinion”. Fact is everyone over 55 was given an offer of a buyout to retire early to save younger workers jobs. And when you just hired someone from across the county who brought his wife and kids, then you have to lay them off, only conservatives like you would only care about yourself.

But you lied and made stuff up. What you did is far more dishonest than anything you accuse me of. Every time you try to pretend you’re an honest debater on this board, your past will be thrown in your face. You’re an admitted piece of shit.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:08 am
again, you’re the admitted liar. Deal with it.

:lol: :lol:

This is just your newest lie. You didn’t give anything as “opinion”. Fact is everyone over 55 was given an offer of a buyout to retire early to save younger workers jobs. And when you just hired someone from across the county who brought his wife and kids, then you have to lay them off, only conservatives like you would only care about yourself.

But you lied and made stuff up. What you did is far more dishonest than anything you accuse me of. Every time you try to pretend you’re an honest debater on this board, your past will be thrown in your face. You’re an admitted piece of shit.
Well that’s your point of view and you are entitled to it. I’m entitled to mine. Getting an honesty lecture from you is like getting an honesty lecture from Trump. And you both whine about the same.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Here’s the thing, Joe. Some years ago when you were on the board, you worked for a manufacturer in your area. You offered some non-specific information, and we often debated the treatment of employees. At some point you obviously left. Now did I come out and say you were fired because of poor performance? No, I never did. Because if I’d have said that, it wouldn’t be an opinion, it’s be a LIE. I don’t need to attack you personally to win debates with you. When you lose, you lash out. It’s pretty sad for an educated professional, but I guess it is what it is.

But you can’t do that. Of course, I was hounded by a former member of the Ed Schultz board who contacted my employer to get me fired. So I was secretive of my actual job, which I didn’t need to be now that I’ve retired.

So, once I made some personal admissions on the board upon my retirement, you engaged in a lying smear campaign against me. The very thought that I was a very successful leader in the labor movement must have simply enraged you. What’s not mentally healthy is someone that spreads lies about another person on a fucking message board.

I don’t engage in such things because, unlike you, I have ethics and morals. Seeing your actions here, I have no doubt, had you known my actual employment, you would have tried to go after me with my employer. Because you’re a self-admitted low-life piece of shit, and everyone knows it.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:39 am Here’s the thing, Joe. Some years ago when you were on the board, you worked for a manufacturer in your area. You offered some non-specific information, and we often debated the treatment of employees. At some point you obviously left. Now did I come out and say you were fired because of poor performance? No, I never did. Because if I’d have said that, it wouldn’t be an opinion, it’s be a LIE. I don’t need to attack you personally to win debates with you. When you lose, you lash out. It’s pretty sad for an educated professional, but I guess it is what it is.

But you can’t do that. Of course, I was hounded by a former member of the Ed Schultz board who contacted my employer to get me fired. So I was secretive of my actual job, which I didn’t need to be now that I’ve retired.

So, once I made some personal admissions on the board upon my retirement, you engaged in a lying smear campaign against me. The very thought that I was a very successful leader in the labor movement must have simply enraged you. What’s not mentally healthy is someone that spreads lies about another person on a fucking message board.

I don’t engage in such things because, unlike you, I have ethics and morals. Seeing your actions here, I have no doubt, had you known my actual employment, you would have tried to go after me with my employer. Because you’re a self-admitted low-life piece of shit, and everyone knows it.
GoU

This self assessment you’ve been doing may mean something to your shrink but I have gone back and forth with you for years. Your BS explanation means absolutely nothing to me. You make up and fabricate lies all the time on this board and attack other members personally. You’ve been doing it for years.so save your “honest debater” story for someone stupid enough to buy the bullshit. You have the ethics and moral standards of Trump. The fact that you feel the need to keep telling us what high standards and morals you have just goes to show how low your standards are. If you didn’t lie all the time you wouldn’t have to tell people how honest you are. They would already know it.

So you can keep repeating how honest and moral and principled you are to try to convince yourself. I’m not buying it. Experience with you over the years proves the opposite. Others can choose to believe it if they wish.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:35 am GoU

This self assessment you’ve been doing may mean something to your shrink but I have gone back and forth with you for years. Your BS explanation means absolutely nothing to me. You make up and fabricate lies all the time on this board and attack other members personally. You’ve been doing it for years.so save your “honest debater” story for someone stupid enough to buy the bullshit. You have the ethics and moral standards of Trump. The fact that you feel the need to keep telling us what high standards and morals you have just goes to show how low your standards are. If you didn’t lie all the time you wouldn’t have to tell people how honest you are. They would already know it.

So you can keep repeating how honest and moral and principled you are to try to convince yourself. I’m not buying it. Experience with you over the years proves the opposite. Others can choose to believe it if they wish.
You know, a decent and professional person that isn't a medical doctor doesn't pretend to be one on a message board and say someone needs medical help. They don't make up stories about other people and pretend it's fact.

You have proven you have zero ethics and zero morals. You're just like Trump in that you make up shit about other people to smear them.

Again, I don't do the shit to you that you do to me. I don't do that. I have standards. Obviously you don't.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

It doesn't matter squat if gounion retire voluntarily or was forced to retire. He made the choice to retire and that's all that matters.
When you vote left, you vote right.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

Number6 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:42 pm It doesn't matter squat if gounion retire voluntarily or was forced to retire. He made the choice to retire and that's all that matters.
I agreed with him not to bring it up and I didn’t. He got his feelings hurt and insists on bringing it up over and over. It’s up to him. I don’t know why he gives a shit what I think or believe but obviously he does and he just can’t move on. Take it up with him.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:02 pm I agreed with him not to bring it up and I didn’t. He got his feelings hurt and insists on bringing it up over and over. It’s up to him. I don’t know why he gives a shit what I think or believe but obviously he does and he just can’t move on. Take it up with him.
No you made shit up out of whole cloth than had to admit you lied. Period.
Glennfs

Post by Glennfs »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:10 pm Look GoU I don’t really care why you lost your job. I agreed not to bring it up but if you insist on bringing it up then that’s on you.
Here is the deal about GoUs job. They had to downsize and many positions were being eliminated, his wasn't.
He had planned to work another 2 to 4 years. They have a huge convention I believe every 4 years and he wanted to
stick around for it. Because he would have been one of the main people planning it.

Then the downturn happened. His employer which was the union came to him with a buyout option that included insurance. He also knew if he stayed one and probably two people would lose their jobs.

They being in their early 40s and having families and he being in his early 60s and only having his wife. Decided the best thing for all involved would be to step aside and save the jobs for the families who needed the job much worse.

On one hand financially with the buyout they offered most people would have taken the deal based on that alone.
While it was a factor GoU took the deal because he felt it was the morally correct thing to do.
Had there not been families involved I am sure he would have passed on the buyout and worked till age 65.
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
bradman

Post by bradman »

2 yrs. retired. Every day is a Sunday.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

bradman wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:49 pm 2 yrs. retired. Every day is a Sunday.
17 yrs retired. Mine’s an everyday is Saturday.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

bradman wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:49 pm 2 yrs. retired. Every day is a Sunday.
My wife has to ask me what day it is.
bradman

Post by bradman »

Bludogdem wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:01 pm 17 yrs retired. Mine’s an everyday is Saturday.
Catholic here. There was always a debate between Dad and i. Him coming from a dairy farm, he had a different idea of what a day of rest meant. i always gave him a hard time. Told him he was the only guy i knew that figured out how to put 8 days in a week but forgot the day of rest.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
bradman

Post by bradman »

JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:08 pm My wife has to ask me what day it is.
Ever space out a month? :)
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

bradman wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:26 pm Ever space out a month? :)
Not yet. But next time she asks I may see if I can throw an extra week or two in there.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:18 pm You really do need to seek professional help. And just so you know, I don’t care what baseless allegations you make about me. It’s an anonymous board and your reputation for truth telling precedes you. You are welcome to say whatever you want. You do it anyway. You’ve done it for years. You’ve never had any facts.

Yep, you’re the only one here that lies and makes baseless allegations. That is true.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Glennfs wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:42 pm Here is the deal about GoUs job. They had to downsize and many positions were being eliminated, his wasn't.
He had planned to work another 2 to 4 years. They have a huge convention I believe every 4 years and he wanted to
stick around for it. Because he would have been one of the main people planning it.

Then the downturn happened. His employer which was the union came to him with a buyout option that included insurance. He also knew if he stayed one and probably two people would lose their jobs.

They being in their early 40s and having families and he being in his early 60s and only having his wife. Decided the best thing for all involved would be to step aside and save the jobs for the families who needed the job much worse.

On one hand financially with the buyout they offered most people would have taken the deal based on that alone.
While it was a factor GoU took the deal because he felt it was the morally correct thing to do.
Had there not been families involved I am sure he would have passed on the buyout and worked till age 65.
Joe doesn’t understand the concept about caring about your employees. To him they are just numbers. If you need to lay off a thousand people to get the CEO a big bonus, he would be fine with that.

But we in unions DO care. And unlike corporations, we can’t lose money. We don’t have banks that will always come and give us big infusions of cash. But we don’t like to lay people off who have worked hard for us. Almost everyone that was eligible to retire early did, and because of that, we saved jobs and now everyone has been called back.

I talked about the day I had to lay off much of my staff was one of the worst days in my life. Joe simply can’t bring himself to believe that any boss would give a shit about his workers, because his mind just doesn’t work like that, So, to him, I was lying.

Of course, I did have to put the well-being of my wife and myself first, but as I realized we COULD comfortably retire, we immediately agreed to retire. It was much easier for me to cope with early retirement than it was for our young employees with families to support to cope with unemployment checks.

But again, it’s simply a foreign concept to Joe.

I recall a great labor cartoon from some years ago, where the big boss was talking to some workers, and he said “You know, if you put ten thousand dollars away a month like I knew, you wouldn’t have to worry whether you had a pension or not.” That’s the mindset.

And the crazy thing is, the big corporations, even after paying millions every year to their CEO, KEEPS their executive pensions intact while doing away with retirement plans for their workers.

But that’s how folks in Joe’s world thinks.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

That's the mentality that ruined LA. Capital became the real population. People became expendable. What's the problem with 40,000 homeless living in the streets when there's a buck to be made for foreign investors?
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22