RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Lord knows Jessep and greengrass won't come near THIS thread!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Just heard why trump really wants not to use Secret Service, they have to treat protesters legally, decently.

He wants his own thugs so they can beat up protesters. Yep...America DONE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hmmm. Something about point #5 resonates with me. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

Here is what I will say, if we arent supposed to point out alleged liberals who didnt vote, then if they continue that in 2018, then fuck them and fuck this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, like the circular firing squad some here want to set up. It's more fun to go after each other than to focus on the real issues.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

The real issues, and the real enemy. The Redhats. They're still coming Jan. 20th.

United, we stand. Divided, well, you know how that shit goes down.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:43 pm 
Policy Wonk

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
Just heard why trump really wants not to use Secret Service, they have to treat protesters legally, decently.

He wants his own thugs so they can beat up protesters. Yep...America DONE

:arrow: So now he is going to gather together his "brown shirts"?! Somehow I get the feeling that history is repeating itself

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

:arrow: So now he is going to gather together his "brown shirts"?! Somehow I get the feeling that history is repeating itself

At first when I heard he wanted his own security I scratched my head, dont need to scratch my head anymore on this one

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sounds about right.

One thing I keep thinking about history repeating: I think it's high time to tell the cons what they keep telling us, whenever we bring up their history of repressive acts. They claim they are going to make America great again or wtfe. Well, that was then, this is now.

This is not Germany, this is not 1933, or the Manifest Destiny/Trail of Tears years. Get over it; the south is not going to rise again..not unless it wants to get it's butt smacked right down again.

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

This time there would be considerable support for letting them go. There'd be a brief chaos phase, while millions on both sides crossed to the appropriate side of the new border. After that, the corporations would get favorable treaties negotiated in the remaining US, and they could keep busting unions by moving everything there. Following a few skirmishes just for shits and grins, the two countries would probably get along quite nicely. Maybe the Southern States of America would pay for a wall along the border to keep the libruls out, or at least to keep their wage slaves in.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

republican guide? hell, the dems haven't deviated from the playbook much since the election of the great prevaricator.

streeck lays it out in "how will capitalism end?" the idea is that the tax state gets changed to the debt state. this was the cry of reducing taxes which forces the state to issue debt. the next step is what struck calls the consolidation state. the concept is that the state will act in accordance with the wishes of the f.i.r.e. sector to maintain "confidence" in the ability of the state to service its debt. this is done by austerity, balanced budgets, including balanced budget amendments and the rise of so-called public-private partnerships which is nothing more than shifting the social functions of the state into the hands of the private sector. it is the very definition of the von hayekization of society.

and it is decidedly anti-democracy. and anyone, from republicans to corporate dems that supports these moves is anti-democracy. with the slow motion tectonic shifts of capital seeking continuously expanding returns in a world where profit is shrinking in developed countries the end result is an inevitable clash between reactionary capital and democracy. it is going on now. it is sometimes cloaked in so-called social issues but in reality they are tangential. oh, abortion does have economic impact but on the whole it is economics that is the driver and capital is in the driver's seat.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus