Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Teamsters and Kroger
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Just to be clear, the free college isn't a scam. It's a real degree, from a real college with brick-and-mortar campuses. All credits are transferable. I do realize you may not be interested, but it IS a good benefit.

"You would think that after 8 years of hearing allegations against Bill C and another 8 against President Obama you people would have learned that 90% of those types of allegations just aren't true."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm 
Political Junkie

Oh, Unions became far too complacent and self-serving, and that's why we're where we are today. What we needed was a national strike when Reagan replaced the air traffic controllers. It didn't happen - the unions didn't have the stomach for it, and their members weren't interested in the problems of a tiny group - so war was declared upon the working class.

Many unions now understand how dire the situation is, and have woken up. Hopefully it's not too late.

And one can either join the fight, or join the circular firing squad. A democracy requires a strong labor movement to function.

Oh, i hope, gounion. Oh, how i hope.

i was about five years in when PATCO blew up. It set a precedence. We felt it. Ma Bell went all out. Before we knew it the CWA had sold the subcontractors down the river to get what they wanted that go around.. (they gave up the stipulation in their contract that all Bell subs must be union.) It took twenty years but they did it. You won't find a union contractor working for Century Link any more. Never forgave the CWA.. or.. my union for it. They didn't do their job.
Circular firing squad hell. i wanted to line the reps. up...... i'm sure i wouldn't have had any problem getting volunteers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

At one time we had high hopes for SEIU, but yes, it went over to the dark side. Its version of Darth Vader died in the saddle on top of a lady in a L.A. whore house, and it was all downhill from there.