RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:59 am 
Board Emeritus

Judge Strikes Down Key Parts of Trump’s Orders Easing the Firing of Federal Workers

A federal district choose in Washington struck down a lot of the key provisions of three govt orders that President Trump signed in late May that might have made it simpler to fireplace federal workers.

The ruling, issued early Saturday, is a blow to Republican efforts to rein in public-sector labor unions, which states like Wisconsin have aggressively curtailed in recent times. In June, the Supreme Court dealt public-sector unions a significant blow by ending necessary union charges for presidency staff nationwide.

https://factnew.com/lifestyle/business/ ... l-workers/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

From the OP article, this sentence is interesting:

"The orders, which additionally rolled again the ability of the unions that symbolize federal staff, had instructed businesses to hunt to cut back the period of time wherein underperforming workers are allowed to reveal enchancment earlier than going through termination, from a most of as much as 120 days to a most of 30 days, and to hunt to restrict staff’ avenues for interesting efficiency evaluations."

I said it was interesting, I didn't say it was good. :|

This sentence is interesting too:

"Many consultants on authorities forms agree that it may be too tough to fireplace civil servants, however they are saying that the administration went considerably additional than was obligatory to attain its acknowledged purpose.

Brickwork is hard to do. Around a fireplace insert that brickwork has to be exacting. I don't think civil servants would like being bricked, nor would they make good fireplace inserts.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:42 pm 
Policy Wonk

Methinks Factnew needs editors.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

Methinks Factnew needs editors.

I would imagine that author thinks they are a good editor Roy.

Factnew has a "more from the author" button at the bottom. When I pushed it I found an interesting headline:

NASA satellite tv for pc will reveal how a lot we’ve tousled Earth

Quote:
NASA spends loads of time peering into area, but it surely’s additionally very occupied with what’s occurring with our personal planet. Earth’s local weather is shifting and never in a great way. We’re getting hotter and among the finest methods to trace the modifications is by learning polar ice.

In just some weeks, NASA is scheduled to launch the ICESat-2, which is brief for the Ice, Cloud and land Elevation Satellite-2. It’s designed to maintain a really shut eye on the modifications occurring to the huge collections of ice in Greenland and Antarctica and can assist researchers paint a clearer image of how Earth (with the undesirable “help” of humanity) is altering.

The Earth is quickly getting hotter. You won’t discover — or consider it — when three toes of snow will get dumped in your driveway in January, however temperatures on a world scale are certainly rising.

It never occurred to me to regard ice melting and flowing away as being "modifications occurring." One thing I can say about Factnew is they aren't copying other media outlets, their text is original. :|

Here in the conclusion those "modifications occurring" seem to be explained:

"NASA’s new satellite tv for pc will provide an much more detailed evaluation of simply how a lot ice the Earth is dropping over time. It shall be an effective way to measure the progress (or lack thereof) that people are making in curbing emissions that proceed to advertise the heating of the planet, but it surely’s as much as us to truly do one thing with that data."

The Ice is dropping over time. "Surely’s" helping us do one thing with that data. And if emissions are curbed they will advertised global warming. :|

Roy, I think I'll take time out of the day for a nap. And then I'll get back up and do nothing more all day. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:10 pm 
Policy Wonk

little bit of clarity

Judge rules against Trump's attempt to weaken federal unions

Quote:
Trump loses legal battle against labor unions

...........In an opinion Saturday, U.S. District Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson said Trump exceeded his authority because Congress has established collective bargaining rights for federal employees through the Federal Service Labor-Management Relations Act.

The three executive orders, signed in May, were an attempt to make good on a promise in Trump's State of the Union address to make it easier for the government to reward good workers and fire bad ones.

But four labor unions representing federal workers sued, arguing that Trump was attempting to unilaterally dictate new terms to labor contracts they had already negotiated.

Specifically, Trump's orders attempted to cap the amount of time union officials employed by the federal government can spend on union business, speed up disciplinary procedures and unilaterally adopt performance-based pay plans.

Jackson said presidents do have the power to sign executive orders on federal employee-management relations – but only as long as they don't conflict with the law. On balance, the judge wrote in her 122-page decision, "this Court has decided that the unions have the better of this argument."

Federal employee unions celebrated the ruling.

“The judge rightly found that the president is not above the law and cannot, through these blatantly anti-union and anti-worker executive orders, eviscerate employee rights and undermine the collective bargaining process established by Congress,” said Tony Reardon, president of the National Treasury Employees Union. ..........

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:38 am 
Board Emeritus

Another big victory for workers! We are proving we will not go down without a fight. We can not only fight, but we will prevail.