Faux Snews Issues Correction After Using 11-Year Old Pictures of Empty Shelves In Japan Against President Biden.

News and events of the day
marindem01

Faux Snews Issues Correction After Using 11-Year Old Pictures of Empty Shelves In Japan Against President Biden.

Post by marindem01 »

Fox News issued a correction on Thursday after the network used a 2011 picture of a Japanese supermarket during a segment about rising inflation and empty stores in the US.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/fo ... li=BBnb7Kz

In the segment, which aired during Wednesday's edition of "Fox News Primetime," an image of President Joe Biden was superimposed over a picture of barren shelves at a supermarket, as can be seen in a clip of the segment published by Mediaite.

Rather than being a picture from the US in 2022, the photo was actually of a convenience store close to Fukushima, Japan shortly after the nuclear disaster there in March 2011. The photo was taken by the Associated Press photographer Shizuo Kambayashi.

Cons will believe the lamest shit out there.
Last edited by marindem01 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
Libertas

Re: Faux Snews Issues Correction After Using 11-Year Old Pictures of Empty Shelves In Japan Against President Biden.

Post by Libertas »

The law suit against this fascist criminal organization cant happen too soon.

Problem is even if they lose I dont think it will bankrupt them.
I sigh in your general direction.
Drak

Re: Faux Snews Issues Correction After Using 11-Year Old Pictures of Empty Shelves In Japan Against President Biden.

Post by Drak »

Fear based lies and distractions is all they have. It’s nonstop lies/propaganda. They do not have a platform other than this. They offer nothing to the American people. It’s what authoritarians do.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:26 am Fear based lies and distractions is all they have. It’s nonstop lies/propaganda. They do not have a platform other than this. They offer nothing to the American people. It’s what authoritarians do.
They will be doing pay-per-view broadcast of the executions of liberals/POC and anyone who opposes MAGA eventually.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Faux dumbs down for their viewers, but I mean for fuck sake who in hell thought pics taken in Japan 11-Years A ago, other than the staff a faux.

A blatant lie, not a mistake of faux put it. It was a deliberate act.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Faux doesn't make mistakes. Faux is show business. Think of it as NFTs, only with pretty pictures that MOVE, and sell Rupert Murdoch's version of fascism/ rugged individualism/ right-populism/ Jim Crow/ whatever it is in that particular market.

Their HQ in New York, as close to NBC and ABC as they could find real estate, had a tank parked on 6th Avenue right in front for years (sounds illegal to me) with an ad for a weekend program where you could to some camp and play soldier. That's about their speed. A bunch of wannabes who missed their war, and probably would have washed out of real military training.

Tucker Carlson is the new Father Coughlin (look him up). All he needs to do is start selling quack testicle operations in Mexico and he could be the next Doc Brinkley (look HIM up). Both made out like bandits, which in fact is what they were, but now their major contribution is historical cites like this one, and the current AM radio regulations which were passed just before and during WWII to protect the country from Nazi rabble rousing via the airwaves.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. They just get faster and scarier.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Yeah, they don't make mistakes.

It is just the strangest of coincidences that every time a Republican politician gets caught in some awful scandal, the Faux chiron identifies him as "Joe Rethug (D-New Mexico).

That "accident" has happened so many dozens of times, it really does strain your belief in coincidences. Scandals always seem to magically make Rethugs change parties.

There's a reason I call it Faux, other than of course the whole story in The Corporation where they basically argued for a fundamental "right" to lie and bullshit people.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Relative assured me the actual deaths from Covid is 400K not 800K, that it was revised because those 400K were really other conditions.

WRONG

Fox news is on at his house all the time.