It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:11 pm 
Policy Wonk

Looks like the lockout is finally over.

Quote:
A crew is being assembled to work Thursday night’s game between the Browns and Ravens. Then, on Friday, the officials will travel to Dallas to retrieve their equipment and receive their game assignments for Sunday and Monday, with the same crews working together as last year.

Details are still not clear, but Daopoulos says that the much-debated pension issue was resolved with the current defined-benefit plan remaining in place for five years before switching to a 401(k)-style defined contribution plan.

Also, it’s believed that the deal will cover five more years before this one, which means that we’ll potentially be doing this again in 2018.

UPDATE 10:56 p.m. ET: Daopoulos has provided some more facts. The officials will vote on the deal in Dallas on Friday, at which time it will become final. They’ll then participate in a clinic, and head on Saturday to the game sites. Also, the officials will receive a pay raise of four percent, with 12 guaranteed game checks this year and 19 in subsequent years (including preseason). As to the checks they’ve missed this year, the officials will divvy up $2.5 million.

And may I say a big up yours to the NFL owners.

"Liberalism demonstrated at its very finest."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

Looks like the lockout is finally over.

And may I say a big up yours to the NFL owners.

When the real refs finally get to do their job I bet they'll get a standing ovation when they take the field.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

When the real refs finally get to do their job I bet they'll get a standing ovation when they take the field.

yes, and boos before the first quarter is done

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

is the teachers strike over?....does msm even know its happening....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

The "real" refs will take the field in Baltimore in about 20 minutes for the Browns-Ravens game. Sure the crowd will welcome them and, as prajna says, will be booing them by half-time....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:06 pm 
Policy Wonk

The "real" refs will take the field in Baltimore in about 20 minutes for the Browns-Ravens game. Sure the crowd will welcome them and, as prajna says, will be booing them by half-time....

Yep, pretty close. I watched part of the game last night and the crowd was less than thrilled with a couple of the calls. I think it was if not late second quarter then it was third quarter.

"Liberalism demonstrated at its very finest."