Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Made in USA Garden Hose
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:14 pm 
Policy Wonk

I spend a lot of time in the garden and the garden hose is at an end. Found these very fine made is USA hoses.

http://www.westelm.com/products/311068/ ... 40945901-2

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/t_10153_1260 ... -hose.html

Bought the Swan contractor.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:47 pm 
Policy Wonk

Americans still know how to make garden hoses? Are you sure it isn't just made with US materials and assembled in the sweatshops of Tijuana.

Don't you know Walmart is cheaper. All hoses wear out, so you should have bought a throwaway. The American economy isn't the greatest in the world by being stupid.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:45 am 
Site Admin

Americans still know how to make garden hoses? Are you sure it isn't just made with US materials and assembled in the sweatshops of Tijuana.

Don't you know Walmart is cheaper. All hoses wear out, so you should have bought a throwaway. The American economy isn't the greatest in the world by being stupid.

I will take greengrass at their word. I too am tired of paying good money for crap when I know what we used to produce. I still have a couple of good watering hoses that have lasted over 20 years with only a few scuffs and one link placed in it when I accidentally mowed over it. Oh well at least the rubber still is pliable and not like those plastic jobs. And no, they were not bought at wallyworld, but at a fine neighborhood small family hardware store.

Image . Image

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:09 am 
Board Emeritus

Any good engineer knows how to design a disposable product as well as a product that endures. All you need to do is be fucking honest. Tell the consumer which it is. WTF is the problem, other than crass manipulation for profit?

P.S.

Please excuse the "F word".

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:29 am 
Policy Wonk

"Americans still know how to make garden hoses? Are you sure it isn't just made with US materials and assembled in the sweatshops of Tijuana.

Don't you know Walmart is cheaper. All hoses wear out, so you should have bought a throwaway. The American economy isn't the greatest in the world by being stupid."

I was simply repeating what Republicans keep telling us. It is simply not true.

If this is the greatest economy in the world then why do we have an unemployment crisis. Americans are the greatest, most productive workers on earth. I am tired of their put downs. The economy is based on corporations making profits on consumers, so they keep us going to the store buying disposable products. That is a stupid economy. People out of work, and houses upside down. It's a failure.

I never shop at Walmart.