The fix is in, Rittenhouse case...

News and events of the day
Bludogdem

Re: The fix is in, Rittenhouse case...

Post by Bludogdem »

Try as I might, can’t seem to find any cases here the Judge is accused of racial bias or treating minorities unfairly.

There’s the juror he removed because of a racist joke.

It’s pretty much understood, at least by the clear thinking among us, that conservatives are pro prosecution and the liberal side favors pro defense in criminal court.

The judge was first appointed by a Democratic Governor.

He’s old and cantankerous but he’s a fair judge with a strong inclination to protect defendants rights.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:57 pm he’s a fair judge with a strong inclination to protect defendants rights.
Which is why he intervenes for Kyle Rittenhouse.

To white cons like you, this makes him fair.

This is just more white supremacism in the courts and its support among the hayseeds, in real time.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:57 pm Try as I might, can’t seem to find any cases here the Judge is accused of racial bias or treating minorities unfairly.

There’s the juror he removed because of a racist joke.

It’s pretty much understood, at least by the clear thinking among us, that conservatives are pro prosecution and the liberal side favors pro defense in criminal court.

The judge was first appointed by a Democratic Governor.

He’s old and cantankerous but he’s a fair judge with a strong inclination to protect defendants rights.
Ah, you can't find anyone in a racist state that is speaking up against a racist judge?

Imagine my surprise.
gounion

Post by gounion »

So, Rittenhouse's mom will be on Hannity tonight, so I'm sure you'll be watching, BDD/GG. Oh, and conservative hero is calling the trail "child abuse"!

Isn't it interesting how they are silent when black children are on trial as adults?

Or how they tried to make Trayvon Martin out to be a thug?

Nope, no racism here!
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:16 pm So, Rittenhouse's mom will be on Hannity tonight, so I'm sure you'll be watching, BDD/GG. Oh, and conservative hero is calling the trail "child abuse"!

Isn't it interesting how they are silent when black children are on trial as adults?

Or how they tried to make Trayvon Martin out to be a thug?

Nope, no racism here!
Or when Black children get killed on sight after two seconds.

Conservative whites like this karen are the products of several generations of anti-Black activism and anti-Black public policy.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:40 pm Or when Black children get killed on sight after two seconds.

Conservative whites like this karen are the products of several generations of anti-Black activism and anti-Black public policy.
Already forgot the name of the child (there are so many) who had a toy gun who was shot instantly. If he had been white shooting at him would have happened only if the boy had pulled out a bazooka and fired it, and even then only after he fired it twice.
I sigh in your general direction.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Bludogdem wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:57 pm

Pro prosecution of minorities, that is.

And the GOP certainly is no longer the party of the Rule of Law. That now belongs to liberals.

It's hilarious that you came in here pretending to be a Dem. Prior you claimed to be some sort of independent. Of course, it was obvious to most of us right off the bat. What a fool.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Number6

Post by Number6 »

The judge thinks using your fingers to expand an image on an iPad is somehow tampering with the 'virgin" image. There is no tampering or changing the information on the image. It's like holding a magnifying glass over an image to enlarge it.

Also, it's strange this judge happens to have the Trump rally theme as his phone's ringtone.
When you vote left, you vote right.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Number6 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:05 pm The judge thinks using your fingers to expand an image on an iPad is somehow tampering with the 'virgin" image. There is no tampering or changing the information on the image. It's like holding a magnifying glass over an image to enlarge it.

Also, it's strange this judge happens to have the Trump rally theme as his phone's ringtone.
He also claims he doesn't know who the Proud Boys are, or what the WP hand symbol is. A judge not knowing who the Proud Boys are, over the last 5 years, is pretty ridiculous and isn't really fit to oversee this trial. I bet he knows all about "ANTIFA" though.
He has also acknowledged that some of the topics raised in pretrial hearings are new to him. Until this case, Judge Schroeder said in a hearing, he had never heard of the Proud Boys, a far-right group that offered support to Mr. Rittenhouse after the Kenosha shootings, and was unfamiliar with the “O.K.” hand sign as a gesture that has been co-opted by white supremacists.

“The first time I saw it, or a version of it, was Chef Boyardee on a can of spaghetti,” the judge said.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/10/us/j ... trial.html

sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

Libertas wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:54 pm Already forgot the name of the child (there are so many) who had a toy gun who was shot instantly. If he had been white shooting at him would have happened only if the boy had pulled out a bazooka and fired it, and even then only after he fired it twice.
He was more than likely named Tamir Rice. His story caught the media lime light while Hannah Williams was mentioned in passing.

Here's the white girl's story I'm mentioning in passing:

BB gun found at scene of fatal police shooting of California teen Hannah Williams: Prosecutor

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-office ... d=64214226

I suppose it's a valid point that a BB gun and a Bazooka both start with a big "B."

:|

The thing about it is kids from all races are being mowed down by cops after they point a fake gun at the cop, or at someone else the cop feels bound to protect.

The kid should know better, the cop should be as careful as they can, but damn it some of those fake guns do appear to be real. Bullets travel in split seconds.

One thing I will point out is the 2nd amendment does not protect toy gun ownership, nor the toy gun makers. Do we really actually need toy guns?

That is the question for today, Here's an article:

Florida Teen Is Latest Person Killed By Police While Carrying a Toy Gun
At least 245 people have been fatally shot by authorities while in possession of replica firearms in the last six years, according to a Washington Post database.

https://www.thetrace.org/2021/10/airsof ... -database/
On the night of Saturday, October 16, police in Tarpon Springs, Florida, received a call about a man pointing an AK-style rifle at passing cars. Officers confronted the suspect at an intersection and fired 12 shots, killing him. The victim was soon found to be a boy, an 11th grader at the local high school. And the rifle he was carrying was in fact a toy airsoft gun.

-----

So far this year there have been at least 26 such deaths.

On April 5, 16-year-old Iremamber Skyap was shot and killed by Honolulu Police after he and his brother were found in a stolen car with an airsoft pistol. One of the officers who was a witness to the shooting told defense attorneys he couldn’t tell the difference between the toy and an actual gun, adding that the toy pistol recovered “looks like a real gun to me.”

-----

A month after the Trace’s initial reporting on toy guns, three Democratic senators sent a letter to the Consumer Product Safety Commission requesting the agency to adopt stricter rules regarding the appearance of such look-alike guns. However, no new federal laws or regulations have been adopted.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

So, in a 38 year career on the bench nothing exists that shows corruption on the part of Judge Schroeder.

And a career long belief that there can be no victims until the verdict is reached is hardly a sign of corruption.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:50 pm So, in a 38 year career on the bench nothing exists that shows corruption on the part of Judge Schroeder.

And a career long belief that there can be no victims until the verdict is reached is hardly a sign of corruption.
What about the fact that, save for one black person, it's an all-white jury?

How convieeeeenient...
Drak

Post by Drak »

gounion wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:56 pm What about the fact that, save for one black person, it's an all-white jury?

How convieeeeenient...
He also conveniently skipped the Will Brunch Tweets on the first page of this thread with linked articles.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:56 pm What about the fact that, save for one black person, it's an all-white jury?

How convieeeeenient...
Randi Rhodes discussed today that this prick judge who has Donald Trump's campaign song as his answering tone on his phone, is considering the legal action of preventing a retrial, dont recall what it is. In the future when you look up "the fix is in" you will see this judge.

I sure want to be wrong, because if we are all correct that the fix is in, the message is you CAN kill as many protesters as you want.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Wrapped up the court activities until Monday just a few moments ago.

Monday will begin with jury instructions followed by closing arguments by the prosecutor, then the defense, then rebuttal by the prosecutor. Both sides have agreed to limit closing arguments to two and a half hours.

Most of the attorneys I have talked to expect not guilty verdicts on almost all counts. All of them agree that betting on the outcome of a jury trial is a bad idea.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:08 pm He also conveniently skipped the Will Brunch Tweets on the first page of this thread with linked articles.
Imagine a Black person with an AR15 showing up at a Proud Boys parade, and managed to kill a couple of them...

sigh

America is broken and white racist cons like the ones on this board and out there are why and it aint fixable as long as they continue to be fascist and racist and murderous.
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

How convieeeeenient...
It only takes a moment to look up demography before making a ridiculous unhelpful statement:

:(
Kenosha, Wisconsin 2010 census:

As of the census of 2010, there were 99,218 people, 37,376 households, and 24,090 families residing in the city. The population density was 3,684.3 inhabitants per square mile (1,422.5/km2). There were 40,643 housing units at an average density of 1,509.2 per square mile (582.7/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 77.1% White, 10.0% African American, 0.6% Native American, 1.7% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 6.8% from other races, and 3.8% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino people of any race were 16.3% of the population.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenosha,_Wisconsin

Here's the math. 1 / 12 = 0.08 or 8% The black population there is 10% so that is proportional enough. If there were two black juror's they would be over-represented at 16% compared to 10% in the demographics.

:?

Besides why does the racial makeup of the jury even come up?

It doesn't make a lick of sense The defendant and the ones he's accused of killing are all white folks aren't they?

I'm hardly following the news about it so I'm not sure that they're all white, but I kind of think they are. I don't think race matters.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Ted wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:19 pm Wrapped up the court activities until Monday just a few moments ago.

Monday will begin with jury instructions followed by closing arguments by the prosecutor, then the defense, then rebuttal by the prosecutor. Both sides have agreed to limit closing arguments to two and a half hours.

Most of the attorneys I have talked to expect not guilty verdicts on almost all counts. All of them agree that betting on the outcome of a jury trial is a bad idea.
...and then Rittenhouse will spend the rest of his life profiting off his murders. Isn't America great?
Drak

Post by Drak »

There's a reason for the title of this thread.

Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

The fix was in because an idiot DA brought charges without investigating and reviewing the evidence.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:24 pm It only takes a moment to look up demography before making a ridiculous unhelpful statement:

:(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenosha,_Wisconsin

Here's the math. 1 / 12 = 0.08 or 8% The black population there is 10% so that is proportional enough. If there were two black juror's they would be over-represented at 16% compared to 10% in the demographics.

:?

Besides why does the racial makeup of the jury even come up?

It doesn't make a lick of sense The defendant and the ones he's accused of killing are all white folks aren't they?

I'm hardly following the news about it so I'm not sure that they're all white, but I kind of think they are. I don't think race matters.
Careful Sam. Common sense isn’t much appreciated around here.

Also, thanks for saving me the effort of explaining why the jury makeup.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:06 pm The fix was in because an idiot DA brought charges without investigating and reviewing the evidence.
Bullshit. 1 out of 20 black people on the jury. And make all the excuses you want - but this was about a white kid taking a rifle to a Black Lives Matter protest. And you guys know what racist think of white people that support black people. It's what Glenn thinks I am - a "n****r-lover". And it's just as good to kill one of us as it is to kill black people.

Here's what's funny - you brag about the judge throwing a racist off the jury because of a racist joke.

Yet the racist got ON the jury to start with. How many others that just remember not to say what they think out loud?

Wonder how many of them have Trump theme songs as their ring tone, like the judge?

It's all about setting this kid up for life for making lots of money because he's a murderer.
gounion

Post by gounion »

You guys pretend that Rittenhouse was shooting in self-defense at people that attacked him. But they were looking at this as attempting to prevent a person attempting a massacre, to not open fire on everyone. To prevent a nutjob from killing scores.

I guess if someone had tried to prevent Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris from entering the school with their guns, they would have gotten away with Columbine, too.

It's astonishing to see the thought patterns of conservatives.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

There was a large number of open carry people on the streets. None, including Rittenhouse, we’re running around shooting people. It’s as simple as they didn’t start it. If people are running around shooting I can see the effort to disarm. Absent that reason it’s best not to try and take away someone’s weapon.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:27 pm There was a large number of open carry people on the streets. None, including Rittenhouse, we’re running around shooting people. It’s as simple as they didn’t start it. If people are running around shooting I can see the effort to disarm. Absent that reason it’s best not to try and take away someone’s weapon.
I bet that's what they said in Columbine, too. "Eh, I'm sure they won't do anything".

Such is right-wing logic.

What they DID want to do is to stir things up so they COULD murder. That's EXACTLY what Rittenhouse did. He WANTED a fight, he WANTED to murder.

And he's going to spend the rest of his life bragging about it for money.