RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 133  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

Some need to be reminded that the Trump Republicans are often hurting themselves, while the progressive political revolution presses forward.

Sanders told The Associated Press while speaking in New York. "I do not believe that if Trump continues these policies that he's going to be reelected. Nor do I think that the Republicans are going to do well in 2018."

"The momentum right now is with the progressive movement in this country," Sanders said. "And I think the Republicans are on the defensive and will be on the defensive increasingly."

"The Republicans had to spend money like crazy at the end to beat him," Sanders said. "I think that's a very good omen for the future."
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... -president

4SandersVet, I don't think shouting at them is going to improve the Trump Republicans sense of hearing.

You could try this.

I find that gets their attention.

Going somewhere where there are some of those Trump Republicans might also help.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:59 pm 
Policy Wonk

Dally Caller really liars.

Report: FBI investigating Bernie Sanders' wife Jane Sanders for bank fraud

The wife of Democratic Sen. Bernie Sanders, Jane Sanders, is being investigated by the FBI, according to the Daily Caller.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/0 ... /22075766/

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

I don't doubt that the Caller enhanced the thrill, and shrill, factor of the issue through their telling but their article title appears to be factual. "FBI investigating Bernie Sanders' wife Jane Sanders for bank fraud."

I don't read the Caller, if it's real I'll find it somewhere else.

The hill followed by the inquisitr have picked up the story. JANE SANDERS UNDER FBI INVESTIGATION FOR ALLEGED BANK FRAUD, CLAIMS SHE FALSIFIED LOAN DOCUMENTS I only gave the link for the inquisitr, the link for the hill is there.

http://www.inquisitr.com/4204000/jane-s ... documents/

This link provides some background. I know nothing about the source: https://vtdigger.org/2017/04/27/emails- ... n-college/

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:59 pm 
Political Junkie

4SandersVet, I don't think shouting at them is going to improve the Trump Republicans sense of hearing.

You could try this.

I find that gets their attention.

It didn't feel like shouting to me. I might add that a few of us do appreciate READING a larger font size. When addressing "some" perhaps I should have also added that some readers and posters here who are anti-Senator Sanders may need "reminded".

Quote:
Going somewhere where there are some of those Trump Republicans might also help.

I am pretty certain, not one hundred percent certain though, that there are a couple Trump Republicans participating in this message board. If they read this thread, it may interest them a little bit what Senator Sanders is saying.

I do not find it in my best interest to locate a Republican message board that supports Mr Trump. My father would state often, "You can't help the ignorant". I tend to agree with him. The important point pervaded by Senator Sanders was that Republicans would suffer loses between now and during the 2018 elections at the hands of Progressives. That Mr Trump would lose his re-election also. This TrumpCare mess should add another nail into the lid of the Republican's coffin. That makes me very happy to think so.

Let us wage a moral and political war against war itself, so that we can cut military spending and use that money for human needs.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:20 pm 
Political Junkie

Senator Sanders still going after the elitists who go after the middle to poorer classes by endorsing those who'll represent them best.

Bernie Sanders vs. Billionaires In LA School Board Race That Shows Education Policy Battles
By Josh Keefe @thejoshkeefe On 05/15/17 AT 2:31 PM

Sanders has endorsed two candidates running in this Tuesday’s Los Angeles school board race, which has pitted Democrats’ labor movement allies, who support traditional public schools, against prominent corporate moguls who have pressed the party to embrace privately-run charter schools.

“Billionaires should not make a profit off of public school children,” Sanders said in a statement. “That’s why I’m supporting Steve Zimmer and Imelda Padilla for the Los Angeles School Board. They will fight against the Trump/DeVos agenda to destabilize and undermine public schools.”A longtime ally of the labor movement, Sanders is backing the two candidates who are supported by the local teachers union in a race that could shift control of the nation’s second largest school district. The Sanders candidates are opposed by attorney Nick Melvoin and teacher Kelly Gonez, who support charter schools and whose candidacies have been backed by millions of dollars from groups funded by (among others) Walmart heir Alice Walton, Netflix founder Reed Hastings and real estate magnate Eli Broad.
http://www.ibtimes.com/political-capita ... cy-battles

Let us wage a moral and political war against war itself, so that we can cut military spending and use that money for human needs.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm 
Policy Wonk

4Sanders what's your take on Debbie calling Bernie a part of the establishment

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

That's one of the problems of anti-establishmentarianism.

Do something that your populist base doesn't accept, and they accuse you of selling out to - well, whatever it is they see as the establishment.

Not the first time this has happened to Bernie.

BTW, as I've said more than once, Bernie decided to work within the system when he first ran for Mayor of Burlington - ever since, he has chosen to work within the establishment.

From my perspective - as an institutionalist - to his credit, of course. ;)

Society consists of institutions. You can stand outside of them your whole life, shouting at them from the outside, rabble-rousing, hoping this will bring change.

Or you can try and work within them to change them. I think Bernie realized early on, this method, in terms of producing results, may not feel as satisfying or provide instant gratification, but in the long term, achieves more social change.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:33 pm 
Policy Wonk

That's one of the problems of anti-establishmentarianism.

Do something that your populist base doesn't accept, and they accuse you of selling out to - well, whatever it is they see as the establishment.

Not the first time this has happened to Bernie.

BTW, as I've said more than once, Bernie decided to work within the system when he first ran for Mayor of Burlington - ever since, he has chosen to work within the establishment.

From my perspective - as an institutionalist - to his credit, of course. ;)

Society consists of institutions. You can stand outside of them your whole life, shouting at them from the outside, rabble-rousing, hoping this will bring change.

Or you can try and work within them to change them. I think Bernie realized early on, this method, in terms of producing results, may not feel as satisfying or provide instant gratification, but in the long term, achieves more social change.

the question is can you arm them and disarm the at the same time. could one work within apartheid to bring about change ? how bout Jim Crow?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well, you can work against Jim Crow or apartheid from within government. I would argue that's trying to dismantle those systems from within government (not acting on behalf of or for those systems).

There was a fella who said maybe to dismantle Jim Crow, you might need to do it from a seat on SCOTUS; you might have heard of him, he was a fella named Thurgood Marshall.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:03 pm 
Policy Wonk

ProfessorX wrote:
Well, you can work against Jim Crow or apartheid from within government. I would argue that's trying to dismantle those systems from within government (not acting on behalf of or for those systems).

There was a fella who said maybe to dismantle Jim Crow, you might need to do it from a seat on SCOTUS; you might have heard of him, he was a fella named Thurgood Marshall.

sure but how do you get in to the supreme court now with citizens united, if you can buy the election and congress but you strengthen its grip in the process

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

I thought the Bernie's Army strategy was to have progressives run and win on 100% small-people donations (no PAC money).

BTW - some of his Army have lost, some have won - seems to depend, as you might expect, on the district.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

I thought the Bernie's Army strategy was to have progressives run and win on 100% small-people donations (no PAC money).

BTW - some of his Army have lost, some have won - seems to depend, as you might expect, on the district.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13483&p=361477#p361477

you wont believe this

on 2nd thought, yeah, you will

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:20 pm 
Political Junkie

4Sanders what's your take on Debbie calling Bernie a part of the establishment

Senator Sanders's "part" started out working along with one of the binary establishment parties until at some point he had to realize that they too became the same money monster as the Right. I believe that he now realizes just how much he's caught in the middle in an establishment system deeply entrenched in Washington, while he continues to do what he can to introduce and pass legislation that's best for the people and not for corporate America. Since the Senator's popularity soared to new heights since 2015, the Left works to pull him down by associating him as THE establishment. The Senator will need to decide exactly where he stands with his political progressive movement in the coming months and years.

What's promising is the growing progressive movement globally, as written below. This is the storm on the horizon.

May Bulman
@maybulman
Tuesday 16 May 2017

Claire Sandberg, who was digital organising director for the Democratic presidential nominee, told The Independent that a grassroots movement was taking place in the US to offer a different kind of politics and a meaningful alternative to Mr Trump. 

A "similar wave" is beginning to take hold in the UK, she said.

Ms Sandberg, who is currently in the UK assisting the Progressive Alliance campaign group in its drive towards tactical voting and cross-party alliances, described the Sanders campaign as a movement that sent "shockwaves through the political establishment in the US".

She said there was "appetite for a different type of politics" in both countries to resist against unfair systems.

Mr Sanders campaign "revealed that people are hungry for an alternative to a failed status quo, and that people are outraged with an economy that consolidates wealth in the hands of a small few, and makes life increasingly difficult and precarious for everyone else," she said.

"There’s this powerful grassroots energy in the US to offer a different kind of politics — a meaningful alternative to forcefully reject the politics of hatred and division and offer a political agenda that will materially improve people’s lives — in recognition that establishment Democratic Party politics failed to stop Donald Trump.

Ms Sandberg said progressive politics was “the only way” to prevent right-wing nationalist voices from gaining power.
The progressive movement was beginning to become a global phenomenon, with the world “working together” to prevent the rise of right-wing nationalists, she said. 
“I think progressive politics is the only way out. Long-term, only progressive politics can actually defeat the rise of right-wing nationalists,” she added.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 38731.html

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bernie has found a clever way to divide the party again.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/1 ... 020-238425

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bernie has found a clever way to divide the party again.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/1 ... 020-238425

All this, while the WH melts down, the president itself leaks classified secrets to known/good hostile opponents, and nothing gets done in Congress which rolls over and plays dead for this dumb person's appointments.

Some "movement" :problem:

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

All this, while the WH melts down, the president itself leaks classified secrets to known/good hostile opponents, and nothing gets done in Congress which rolls over and plays dead for this dumb person's appointments.

Some "movement" :problem:

You know my position on Bernie. I hope I live long enough to see us take back the House and Senate, but if we dont it will be because of this.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

You know my position on Bernie. I hope I live long enough to see us take back the House and Senate, but if we dont it will be because of this.

Quote:
“The fact that Tom Perez has given Sanders a platform without Sanders genuinely agreeing to work toward ‘unity’ has made a mockery of the whole process and literally divided the party more than it was before the tour began. It has been a disaster,” said Markos Moulitsas, the founder of the influential liberal Daily Kos site. “Yes, Perez and company are clearly afraid of Sanders and his followers, but letting Sanders make a mockery of the party doesn’t exactly help it build in the long haul.”

:problem:

Yet we hear nothing but complaints about corporatist neoliberal corporate dem bla blah bla "Tom Perez" from the Bernieoids when it's perceived that they won't get their way. Whatever that is, these days. :problem:

F'em.

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:57 pm 
Political Junkie

Senator Sanders continues to work hard for the Ds [with very little respect or appreciation] while some still moan and cry like children. :roll: Like Mr Trump, there's a lot of growing up needed in both establishment parties. I'm not holding my breath on that one.

In the battle over ideas in the Democratic party, it’s clear the moderates aren’t getting much quarter. This was on display at the “Ideas Conference” held Tuesday by the Center for American Progress, the central policy and personnel clearinghouse for Democratic administrations. Just before the event, the think tank released “A Marshall Plan for America”—an ambitious jobs guarantee via “a large-scale, permanent program of public employment and infrastructure investment.”
The racially and gender-diverse main speakers ranged from the liberal to the very liberal.
Many of these speakers, particularly the ones gifted a “keynote” speaking slot, are widely rumored to be seeking the White House, and the mainstream media portrayed the event as a cattle call for 2020 candidates

But there was an awkward absence: Senator Bernie Sanders. He was not invited to the “Ideas Conference,” and his exclusion makes clear that, while Democrats are converging around a general set of ideological principles, the party still faces some serious coalition-building problems.

CAP president Neera Tanden explained to The Washington Post that “We were trying to emphasize a new generation,” and a CAP spokesperson told The Nation that nobody who ran for president before was invited.

That’s true as far as it goes, but with any scrutiny it feels more like a post facto justification for not including Sanders. There’s a big difference between Hillary Clinton—now a private citizen with no future electoral plans—and Sanders, a sitting senator who polls as the most popular politician in the country and who has pointedly not ruled out a 2020 presidential campaign. The press materials for the conference proclaimed it would “bring together national leaders of the progressive cause,” and there’s no real way Sanders doesn’t fit that description, or rationally should have been excluded simply because he ran for president last year. (The presence of Susan Rice and Tom Daschle onstage also puts considerable strain on the idea that only new voices were being elevated.)
https://www.thenation.com/article/why-b ... onference/

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders will be at the Butte Civic Center, 1340 Harrison Ave., from 3 to 4 p.m. Saturday, May 20, to campaign for Congressional candidate Rob Quist. Doors open at 2 p.m.

Sanders will stop in Missoula first with a rally set at 11 a.m. at the Adams Center at the University of Montana, and after Butte, he heads to Billings for an 8:30 p.m. rally at the ExpoCenter at Metra Park.

Sanders is also scheduled to campaign on Quist's behalf at 11 a.m. Sunday at the Montana State University Strand Union Ballroom in Bozeman.
http://mtstandard.com/news/local/snapsh ... b63a2.html

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Why would Sanders be invited to the “Ideas Conference,” for Democratic Party candidates?

He's not a Democrat. We wouldn't invite Paul Ryan either. :|

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:24 pm 
Political Junkie

Why would did Senator Sanders throw full support behind Mrs Clinton during the General Election? It's also ionic that the Democratic Party still seeks Bernie Sanders's voice [not always] and hard work especially if it benefits their image. It ALL seems ridiculous to me.

The Senator threw hard political punches at Mr Mulvaney today. That's one pleasant Washington trait from the Senator that I can rely on.

Bernie Sanders Takes Over Hearing And Obliterates Trump Budget Director On CBO Hypocrisy
By Jason Easley on Thu, May 25th

Sanders mentioned in his first question that Mulvaney had made a remark about CBO Director.
Mulvaney answered, “I’ll see if I can handle each those in reverse. Actually, let me deal with the CBO first. I can’t disparage who I don’t know. I don’t think I’ve ever disparaged the director of the CBO.”
Sanders, “You made a dismissive remark about him. Even the CBO, you guys appointed the director.”
Mulvaney, “Again, all I’m telling you is that the results are awful.”
Sanders, “But you appointed him, so let’s go with that.”
Mulvaney, “I measure performance by results, Mr. Sanders.”
Sanders, “Your opinion is that the results are terrible. I’m suggesting that it was a member of the Trump administration that appointed this gentleman, not some kind of radical Democrat.”
Mulvaney, “So, we can agree then that the CBO puts out bad data?”
Sanders, “No, we can’t. We can agree that you guys are beating up on a man that you appointed because you don’t like his results.”
http://www.politicususa.com/2017/05/25/ ... crisy.html

Last edited by 4SandersVet on Thu May 25, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

I didnt see Bernie a single time after he left the race, supporting her.

I assume he did it, but it must have been very rare. I predicted the opposite, if I am wrong, let me know.

I would have expected him to have campaigned for her NON STOP knowing the hell all earth would face if she lost.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:31 pm 
Political Junkie

Portsmouth, New Hampshire (CNN)Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders formally declared an end to their political rivalry Tuesday, joining forces to take on a shared enemy: Donald Trump.
"I have come here to make it as clear as possible why I am endorsing Hillary Clinton and why she must become our next president," Sanders said at a joint rally here. "Secretary Clinton has won the Democratic nomination and I congratulate her for that."
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/11/politics/ ... index.html

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Portsmouth, New Hampshire (CNN)Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders formally declared an end to their political rivalry Tuesday, joining forces to take on a shared enemy: Donald Trump.
"I have come here to make it as clear as possible why I am endorsing Hillary Clinton and why she must become our next president," Sanders said at a joint rally here. "Secretary Clinton has won the Democratic nomination and I congratulate her for that."
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/11/politics/ ... index.html

I sincerely assumed he would be on the trail almost everyday stumping for her, but no, right?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:56 am 
Policy Wonk

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
I sincerely assumed he would be on the trail almost everyday stumping for her, but no, right?

:arrow: Bernie also campaigned in Iowa, Minnesota and Ohio for Hillary Clinton. According to authors Jonathan Allen and Amie Parnes in their book "Shattered: Inside the Doomed Campaign of Hillary Clinton" which I just finished reading and thoroughly enjoyed, they point out that it was Hillary Clinton herself that doled out the campaign duties of her various surrogates in places around the country. So if you have an issue with how often Bernie Sanders was stumping for Hillary Clinton, you should direct those grievances to the candidate herself. It's also been reported that Pres. Obama wanted to campaign for her in Iowa, since that state was a very good one for him, brought him good luck, but Hillary discouraged it for whatever reason.

Bernie Sanders to step up campaign schedule for Hillary Clinton

The Vermont independent will campaign for Hillary Clinton in the battleground states of Iowa and Minnesota on Monday and Tuesday, and appearances elsewhere are in the works. “He’s talking about traveling all over the country to help Secretary Clinton," Sanders spokesman Michael Briggs said Friday, adding that Sanders also will help other candidates and discuss ballot issues he cares about.

Sanders spent most of August writing a book but has since campaigned for Clinton in Ohio (once) and New Hampshire (twice). An event Wednesday in the Granite State was the first joint appearance for Sanders and Clinton since he endorsed her in July. The event aimed to win more support for Clinton from millennials who supported Sanders in the primaries. Clinton is underperforming among young adults, a significant percentage of whom have turned to third-party candidates.

Briggs said Sanders hopes to reach a broad audience, including young people, working families and people involved in the labor movement. His message will be similar to what he said in New Hampshire: People need to get out and vote for Clinton because either she or Donald Trump will be president and the stakes are too high to vote for a third-party candidate. “The choice is clear because of her position on issues Americans care about, from health care to college costs to jobs to the environment,” Briggs said.

On Monday, Sanders said his campaign schedule will be “very, very vigorous.” “We’re going to go wherever Secretary Clinton’s people think that I am needed,” he said on MSNBC. “And I am going to work as hard as I can to make sure that Donald Trump does not become the next president.”

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:03 am 
Policy Wonk

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
:arrow: Bernie campaigned for Rob Quist last weekend drawing huge crowds and also the usual overflow crowds. It's clear, people are coming out to see him and hear his message. Democrats would be wise to listen to his message too, and stop scrutinizing him. He's not about Party loyalty, he's all about the people!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 133  Next