PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
:arrow: Just wanted to share this video, of this amazing man~~!~

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

Early polls have him ahead of DeSantis.

RCP has a poll average favoring GIllum of +3.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6518.html

The bad news: that's within the margin of error, and these polls are still too early to be very meaningful.

He was born in Miami (Gardens, I believe) and lived for a while in Gainesville. I find our life overlaps interesting. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Early polls have him ahead of DeSantis.

RCP has a poll average favoring GIllum of +3.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6518.html

The bad news: that's within the margin of error, and these polls are still too early to be very meaningful.

He was born in Miami (Gardens, I believe) and lived for a while in Gainesville. I find our life overlaps interesting. :mrgreen:

I get it, why would a $15 an hour factory line worker want a politician who believes he should make $35 an hour when he can instead have a politician who hates Gays and Blacks as much as he does.

i.e. how is it possible it is even close

and did you all see the poll that only 50% of the nation think Mueller is doing the right thing...FUCK, now the traitors numbers are much lower so you can take it as a good number but still...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:16 am 
Board Emeritus

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut

I get it, why would a $15 an hour factory line worker want a politician who believes he should make $35 an hour when he can instead have a politician who hates Gays and Blacks as much as he does.

and did you all see the poll that only 50% of the nation think Mueller is doing the right thing...FUCK, now the traitors numbers are much lower so you can take it as a good number but still...

:arrow: DeSantis doesn't even have a platform to run on aside from saying that he is pro-Trump. When asked, that is when he doesn't run away from reporters, what is in running on? or What is he going to do for the state of Florida as governor? He has no answer or says his spokesperson, we are working on it, basically is the answer. God help us if he should get elected!!! If that should ever happen, you know what, it confirms to me, and I mean this seriously, that the state of Florida is shaped the way it is for a reason~

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:33 am 
Board Emeritus

When I think of Florida, while they do have industry, I don't think of it as an hourly factory line worker kind of place. I think of the state as being foremost about cows. Cowboys and retired Jews. There are Indians with feathers there too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

When I think of Florida, while they do have industry, I don't think of it as an hourly factory line worker kind of place. I think of the state as being foremost about cows. Cowboys and retired Jews. There are Indians with feathers there too.

Florida's #3 industry is international export and trade. Now, whether those goods are all manufactured here... probably most are not.
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/i ... growth.asp

The foremost agricultural products are, according to the above:
The top five agricultural commodities in 2014 were greenhouse and nursery products, oranges, tomatoes, dairy products and sugarcane

Dairy products ... well yeah, don't think those are goat's milk. :D

You're right, Sam, the original Florida Crackers were cowboys:
https://tampamagazines.com/florida-crac ... s-history/

Not all Jews here are retired. :D Yes, Century Village is here and exists. :mrgreen: (Not everybody who lives there is Jewish.)

The Seminole and Mikasuki did wear feathers.

Thing is, Chief Osceola looked like this. One feather.

Not this. A whole headdress or "war lance" covered with them. :roll: Who knows who the f**k this guy is supposed to be. He did not have a horse called "Renegade".

Like everybody else in Florida, BTW, they moved here (mostly the northern swamps) in the 1800s to escape the Trail of Tears. Florida's native tribes, like the Carib and the Calusa and the Arawak, are all dead and gone.

Last edited by ProfessorX on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

Oh and one more thing. I heard from the College Democrats today Gillum may be coming to our campus in October.

I'm jazzed. :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hey. They're after our votes! :D

South Florida Jewish voters become key, targeted demographic in governor’s race
There’s no solid estimate of Jewish voters in Florida, but the number would be around 470,000 if the community comprises 3.4 percent of the state’s voting population.
https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politi ... nors-race/

In a crucial swing state where the most important political races are often decided by the slimmest of margins, South Florida's Jewish voters have become a key demographic in the battle for Florida governor.

A contentious campaign dominated by identity politics has been peppered with cries of anti-Semitism as GOP nominee Ron DeSantis highlights opponent Andrew Gillum's ties to organizations critical of Israel. On Thursday, amid increasingly rancorous rhetoric, POLITICO reported that voters with Jewish surnames received text messages repeating comments Gillum's running mate, Chris King, made 20 years ago about being "nailed to the cross" by the mostly Jewish editorial board of Harvard's student newspaper.

Gillum's campaign quickly condemned the texts as "smear tactics." A spokesman for DeSantis — who has dealt with allegations of racism and early in the campaign disavowed offensive robocalls mocking Gillum by a Neo-Nazi group — retorted that the Democratic nominee "should spend more time addressing why [King] said them and less time about how voters are finding out about them."

The back-and-forth is unlikely to be the last on the topic, because Florida's Jewish vote, most of which is located below the northern boundary of Palm Beach County, could be crucial to the final decision on who becomes the state's next governor.

Jewish Floridians — estimated at around 630,000, or 3.4 percent of the state's population — are among the most reliable voting blocs in the state.

There's no solid estimate of Jewish voters in Florida, but the number would be around 470,000 if the community comprises 3.4 percent of the state's voting population, notes Matthew Isbell, a Democratic consultant.

That's a substantial number in a state where shifts in support can make a difference with tight top-of-ticket races. Jewish voters have historically voted Democrat at a roughly 70 percent clip, but boost that percentage — or depress it — and the election math changes.

Knowing this, DeSantis has attacked Gillum — who is ahead in the polls — all week over his relationship with groups like the Council on American-Isamic Relations and Dream Defenders, which have supported a movement to punish Israel financially over its treatment of Palestinians. During a campaign stop in Miami, DeSantis didn't answer a question about whether he believes Gillum is anti-Semitic, but pivoted into a criticism of the Dream Defenders.

[snip]

Sensitive to this, Gillum has been proactive in explaining that he opposes the Boycott, Divest and Sanctions movement, and that he supports the nation of Israel even if he opposed the moving of the embassy to Jerusalem. Meanwhile, Gillum's supporters in the Jewish community have criticized DeSantis for what they say is divisive rhetoric.

"It is unfortunate that the DeSantis campaign is using hate and fear in an attempt to drive a wedge in the Jewish community," said Alex Heckler, a Jewish lobbyist who had Gillum to his Miami Beach home recently to talk with Democrats about Israel and other campaign issues.

Evan Ross, a Jewish political consultant and Miami-area Democrat, added that he doesn't think King's comments, made in 1998 when he was running for student council president, will harm the Gillum campaign. King has said he regrets the remarks, which the Republican Governors Association highlighted as soon as Gillum picked the Winter Park businessman as his running mate.

But Sheskin's research has shown that, even if Israel isn't a driving issue for most Jewish voters, it's more important among the minority of Jewish registered Republicans. And given that Florida Republicans have made the issue a talking point since late August, it's unlikely that DeSantis will let up before November — and equally unlikely that Gillum will back down.

"Ron DeSantis is good on Israel," Ross said, "and terrible on nearly everything else that matters to Floridians."

[snip][end]

Personally - I don't think so - if he was pro the embassy move, I think he's bad. On that, as well as everything else.

It's an issue that matters to me ... but of course my definition of "pro Israel" appears to be different than DeSantis'.

I also think - though I was never a huge fan of Chris King - his comment seems to be being taken out of context, and it is ridiculous they are accusing GIllum of anti-Semitism.