The fix is in, Rittenhouse case...

News and events of the day
gounion

Re: The fix is in, Rittenhouse case...

Post by gounion »

bradman wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:47 am It's always good to take a step back and view the forest from a tree, i'll give you that.

Did you by chance catch any of the prosecutions opening statement in the Arbery trial? It was devastating. By law, id be willing to bet those good ol' boys are going to be in jail for a long, long, long time.
Don't faint if it's a hung jury.
bradman

Post by bradman »

gounion wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:55 am Don't faint if it's a hung jury.
We'll see, eh.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
bradman

Post by bradman »

ProfX wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:48 pm A 17 year old kid who, let's be honest, is unlikely to have the proper maturity or training to be toting around an assault rifle (we can talk about what his actual background and experience was, but nobody that night necessarily knew it), is walking around a protest pointing it at people.

Didn't Huber and Rosenbaum have reason to fear for their life from Rittenhouse? Couldn't they have had a reasonable expectation he might use that rifle against them? Weren't they standing their ground?

People afraid of 17 year olds toting around assault weapons might try and disarm him. One hit him with a skateboard, the other AFAIK didn't do anything but try and take the rifle from his grasp.

Notice I am not making excuses for the guy who pointed a handgun at him back in return (Grosskreutz). He only wounded that guy. But I could see a self defense claim there.

BTW, no, I don't think pushing a flaming dumpster is arson. :roll:
https://m.facebook.com/CBSMinnesota/vid ... 596243136/
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
gounion

Post by gounion »

bradman wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:03 amWe'll see, eh.
It's extremely hard to convict white people of killing a black man. Especially with a white jury.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:47 amBy law, id be willing to bet those good ol' boys are going to be in jail for a long, long, long time.
:lol:

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by sam lefthand »

Woman Seen Comforting Kyle Rittenhouse’s Mom in Court Is Actually a Consultant Who Selected ‘Perfect Juror’ for O.J. Simpson Trial

https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/liv ... son-trial/

According to her website, Dimitrius “has consulted in over 1,000 trials and picked over 600 juries.” Among the defendants whose cases she worked include the following: “Night Stalker (Richard Ramirez), McMartin Preschool, Rodney King, Reginald Denny, John duPont, Francis Ford Coppola [“Pinocchio trial”], O.J. Simpson, Jayson Williams, Scott Peterson, Kobe Bryant, Robert Blake, Joseph Nacchio (CEO of Qwest) and criminal and civil cases related to the Enron prosecution.” She was also a “body language expert” for ABC’s Dancing With The Stars.

------

In a 2016 “Inside Edition” profile, Dimitrius recalled that she helped select a so-called “perfect juror” for the O.J. Simpson criminal prosecution: “a female African-American with high school education or less.”

“The result,” the television show added, was “was a jury more inclined to be sympathetic to Simpson — eight black women, one black man, one Hispanic man and two white women.”
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

bradman wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:17 am Unfortunately, in the land of the udder people, it's legal to open carry. Hell, they've even gone as far as not including a "duty to retreat" in their Stand Your Ground laws. i don't like it any more than you do.

As you know i worked construction. 98% percent of the work force were big time hunters. i'd say 75% of them had conceal and carry permits. Until the office put an end to it, a few would carry on their hip while working. i didn't like that either.

i hate guns. Never owned one, never will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dEReI4xD9k

Rittenhouse was overcharged. i wish it wasn't so.

Don't promise what you can't deliver.
Don’t charge without a proper investigation.

Aug 27, 2020 - Politics & Policy
17-year-old charged with 6 counts in killing of 2 people during Kenosha protests

https://www.axios.com/kyle-rittenhouse- ... 67ef4.html

Note the axios article is dated Two days after the shooting.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

bradman wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:03 amWe'll see, eh.
I’ll admit that it being Georgia is cause of concern.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:57 am Don’t charge without a proper investigation.

Aug 27, 2020 - Politics & Policy
17-year-old charged with 6 counts in killing of 2 people during Kenosha protests

https://www.axios.com/kyle-rittenhouse- ... 67ef4.html

Note the axios article is dated Two days after the shooting.
Not a word about obviously corrupt judge. Not surprised. We know where you're coming from.

You guys LIKE that Call of Duty fantasy.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:58 am I’ll admit that it being Georgia is cause of concern.
No, it's cause for them walking free. Blacks got to know their place, right? And if you kill one every once in a while, it keeps them scared, right?
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:58 am I’ll admit that it being Georgia is cause of concern.
From Carmen on another thread:
carmenjonze wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:10 pm There are so many cases not just simply of "police misconduct" but "police misconduct" that results in death and a free pass on continued injustice. This thread is on the continuing news stories that we covered on RFL 1.0, mostly in Stop Calling the Cops on Us and the Fires in Minneapolis thread.

Judge says 'there appears to be intentional discrimination' in Arbery jury selection, but allows trial to move forward with 1 Black juror - CNN

The county is 25% Black.

And, yet.

This is how white supremacism works. This is exactly how white supremacism works.
The fix is in, but you'll tell us it was justice, right?
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

“ Last week, there was widespread outrage when Judge Schroeder set ground rules forbidding prosecutors from referring to the men Rittenhouse shot as victims.

(SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING)

SCHROEDER: This is a long-held opinion of mine, which very few judges, I guess, share with me. I think it's a loaded - the word victim is a loaded, loaded word.

CORLEY: It's a word, said Schroeder, that can prejudice the jury and should only be used when someone is convicted of a crime. University of Chicago law professor Judith Miller says the purpose of rules of evidence is to make sure a trial is fair. She says while attorneys regularly fight over language, she interpreted Judge Schroeder's evidentiary ruling differently than widely perceived. She says the language ban was confined to opening statement.

JUDITH MILLER: The way that this issue has been reported, it's as if there's a thumb on the scale in favor of white supremacists. But as I understand this case, that's just not what the judge is doing. This judge makes the same ruling in every single case.”

“ JANINE GESKE: Judge Schroeder is an old-school, very strong judge.

CORLEY: Janine Geske, a retired Wisconsin Supreme Court justice who's also a law professor at Marquette University. She's taught evidence training to judges around the country. She's known Schroeder professionally for decades.

GESKE: He's got strong opinions on how he conducts his courtroom, sometimes differently than other people do. But, you know, he's knowledgeable, and he has a lot of experience. And you don't mess around in his courtroom.”

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/04/10524852 ... ouse-trial
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Blue Green Grass wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:58 am I’ll admit that it being Georgia is cause of concern.
Why do you feel it being Georgia is a cause of concern?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:19 am Why do you feel it being Georgia is a cause of concern?
Has it (I have to call poster an "it" since it has clearly shown us we cant trust them so I dont know which pronoun, if any, to use) acknowledged it is lying about who they are yet?

I really admire the way you correct the name the way you do. I admire the patience and effort it takes.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:27 am Has it (I have to call poster an "it" since it has clearly shown us we cant trust them so I dont know which pronoun, if any, to use) acknowledged it is lying about who they are yet?

I really admire the way you correct the name the way you do. I admire the patience and effort it takes.
Ha well, this is where "they" comes in really handy since they're pretty clearly not an it.

Because in this particular case, Greengrass is known for weirdly claiming several people posted under that account :? . So it works for both plural and singular. Lol and if anyone complains about the singular use of "they," as has become fashionable among anti-TLGBQ cons...

:lol: I saw this at @cons_owned :lol: :lol: :lol:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Bludogdem »

“ Regardless of how he is viewed, Judge Bruce E. Schroeder is indisputably a man with fixed rules for how trials in his Kenosha County courtroom will be run. Some are basic, some unorthodox, and all reflect the experience of a jurist who believes trials can be too easily manipulated, particularly by the prosecution.
“For a jury trial, if you get him, you are happy as a defense attorney,” said Michael Cicchini, a criminal defense lawyer in Kenosha, Wis., who has appeared before Schroeder numerous times, including earlier this year. In that case, he won an acquittal for his client, who was charged with battery.”

“ “That’s been a rule in his courtroom since Day One,” said Cicchini, who has been practicing law in Kenosha for two decades. “Whether the person is a victim is the very thing the prosecution has to prove.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/31/us/kyle- ... index.html
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:38 am “ Regardless of how he is viewed, Judge Bruce E. Schroeder is indisputably a man with fixed rules for how trials in his Kenosha County courtroom will be run. Some are basic, some unorthodox, and all reflect the experience of a jurist who believes trials can be too easily manipulated, particularly by the prosecution.
“For a jury trial, if you get him, you are happy as a defense attorney,” said Michael Cicchini, a criminal defense lawyer in Kenosha, Wis., who has appeared before Schroeder numerous times, including earlier this year. In that case, he won an acquittal for his client, who was charged with battery.”

“ “That’s been a rule in his courtroom since Day One,” said Cicchini, who has been practicing law in Kenosha for two decades. “Whether the person is a victim is the very thing the prosecution has to prove.”

Judge Asks for ‘Round of Applause’ for Military Veterans in Kyle Rittenhouse Trial. A Defense Witness Was the Only Veteran in the Room. - Law and Crime

Even from ridiculous Law and Crime. :problem:

Thanks for your examples of how and why legal white supremacism and conservative authoritarianism in the courtroom flourishes in 2021.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:38 am “ Regardless of how he is viewed, Judge Bruce E. Schroeder is indisputably a man with fixed rules for how trials in his Kenosha County courtroom will be run. Some are basic, some unorthodox, and all reflect the experience of a jurist who believes trials can be too easily manipulated, particularly by the prosecution.

Translation of “old style”: How they did things in the fifties when whites could do anything to blacks including murder and get away with it.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 pm Translation of “old style”: How they did things in the fifties when whites could do anything to blacks including murder and get away with it.
Old style = MAGA

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Bludogdem »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:19 am Why do you feel it being Georgia is a cause of concern?
MTG
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:26 pmMTG
MGT is just another symptom of present-day forms of white supremacism.

But what is the basis of these Georgia concerns of yours?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:26 pmMTG
Magic: The Gathering?
gounion

Post by gounion »

Translation: "Yeah, he's a Klansman, but he's a consistent Klansman!"
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

if a black guy...if a tan person..during a nite of chaos had been walking towards a police line with a AR15 held in his arms..
what would the line of cops have done then?

tamir rice at 12 was killed for having a fake toy gun.
Who are these..flag-sucking halfwits fleeced fooled by stupid little rich kids They speak for all that is cruel stupid They are racists hate mongers I piss down the throats of these Nazis Im too old to worry whether they like it. Fuck them.
HST.
gounion

Post by gounion »

rainwater wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:49 pm if a black guy...if a tan person..during a nite of chaos had been walking towards a police line with a AR15 held in his arms..
what would the line of cops have done then?

tamir rice at 12 was killed for having a fake toy gun.
He would have had more holes in him than swiss cheese. And this judge would have acquitted every damned one of them. Gun rights are ONLY for white people.