RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

Some people argue that if the RNC had had superdelegates, Trump would never have been the nominee.

They could have stopped him. Their essential function is the neutralization of demagogues.

But who knows, perhaps everyone on this board would be ranting against President Cruz, instead.

There's nothing un-transparent about the superdelegate system. Their identities and process of selection are not secret.

I'm not against abolishing it. I also see a variety of ways it could be reformed. As you may know, I don't always see these questions as false dilemmas or binaries. ("to be, or not to be.")

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:20 pm 
Policy Wonk

The only upside to a Cruz presidency is it's less likely we'd be facing a nuclear war with North Korea, among other horrors.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:37 pm 
Policy Wonk

interesting article hopefully the democratic party will continue to move to include the poor and marginalized in representation

The Secret to Progressives’ Electoral Success?

Quote:
.......“The mainstream Democratic Party—and I am Democrat—really needs to wrap its loving arms around progressives,” he adds. “Republicans should be shaking in their boots because it is clear that for a long time there has been a big group of voters that would not get out to vote because they weren’t excited by their options.”

When you give people a bold progressive option, on the other hand, “they will beat down the doors to go vote.”.......

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:34 pm 
Political Junkie

As this article indicates, the Senator is a very hard worker despite his age.

by Eve Peyser

By the time I got to interview Bernie Sanders, he was very tired, and honestly so was I—not that I could really complain. The Vermont senator had spent the wee hours of Saturday morning on the Senate floor watching his Republican colleagues pass a tax bill that Sanders called “the biggest act of thievery in the modern history of this country.”

I began the interview by summarizing the past two days before asking, “So, uh, how do you do it?” He burst into a long, hearty laugh, bringing some energy to a table full of tired people who (him included) hadn’t even had their coffee yet. “You know, I got a job to do, and I do it,” he said matter-of-factly. “We believed the bill was going to be voted on Thursday night, and that’s why we arranged for Louisville on Friday evening and Ohio on Saturday and Philadelphia on Sunday… When I make a commitment, I like to keep it, and we had a very good turnout in Louisville and thought we would in Ohio, so I felt it was important to keep that commitment, so I got up early, and we did it.”
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/wjz5 ... -tour-ohio

I'm sorry, Senator, as commendable as your statement is, that's not going to happen. Not even close. We're now witnessing both major political party's moral values on parade. This is what corporate establishment politicians look like since Mr Clinton. It's fortunate that the Democratic Party has enough females today to stand up to their own party morons.

Sanders: Trump should think about resigning over sexual misconduct allegations

The Hill
Julia Manchester
https://www.bing.com/search?q=https%3A% ... US&PC=LCTS

If the Senator were in his fifties, his chance of winning the next presidedntial election [hopefully in a stand alone progressive party] would be strong. With that said, the next presidential election will be greatly influenced by the Millennial vote. This piece below written during 2013 has it correct about the Millennial vote in 2020. Say goodbye to the obnoxious Bush Clinton thumb sucking Democrats. Say goodbye to the out of control corporate tax hugging Republicans. There will be a political revolution that neither corporate establishment parties can do about it because their long reign and record of lies and corruption is nearing the end, while disgusted and struggling progressives seek fair representation. The movement is moving forward.

https://mic.com/articles/35479/millenni ... .FWSrgxi5i

Let us wage a moral and political war against war itself, so that we can cut military spending and use that money for human needs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:45 pm 
Political Junkie

As mentioned before in this thread, there's some good Democrats fighting the fight, but it's mostly all uphill against the other thumb suckers. The vote to impeach Mr Trump a few days ago only found fifty-eight Democratic Representatives with a good conscience. The others wishes to wait. Unfortunately, including Senator Sanders. Those awaiting the result of Mr Mueller's investigation. I suppose racial slur against minority groups isn't reason enough.
:roll:

Washington (CNN)A resolution to start the process of impeaching President Donald Trump was tabled Wednesday, following a push from Democratic Rep. Al Green of Texas to force such a vote on the House floor.

The vote was 364-58 and was not directly on the resolution, rather a vote to table the proposal.

The move to impeach was not supported by Democratic leaders, who have pushed aside the idea of impeaching the President.

Green argued that Trump should be impeached for his rhetoric against certain racial and ethnic groups in the US, including Latinos, Muslims and African-Americans.

Trump's rhetoric, while not criminal, still "divides and damages the social fabric of our country in ways that obstruction of justice cannot," Green wrote in his letter.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/politics/ ... index.html

Let us wage a moral and political war against war itself, so that we can cut military spending and use that money for human needs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

All Democrats count as GOOD!

Those who are not Democrats are the ones who aren't counted.

:think:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

The supervising producer of "The Kudlow Report," and senior senior columnist at CNBC.com, Jake Novak a free market conservative wrote an opinion article about Bernie Sanders' wife yesterday.

The FBI's credibility is taking another blow as the probe of Bernie Sanders' wife continues

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/fbi-a ... 00368.html

:o The horror of it:

Quote:
It first came to light back in May of this year that the FBI was looking into the matter, and had begun to do so while Barack Obama was still president. At the time, it was the first sign of trouble for Sanders' brand as an above-reproach progressive.

His political fortunes are now still in jeopardy. But beyond Bernie's future, this story is the latest example of the serious threat to the credibility of America's federal law enforcement system.

Back when this story first emerged, it was already something attorney Alan Dershowitz called a dangerous example of a tit-for-tat political use of the FBI to criminalize politics. At that point, it seemed like Dershowitz might be getting ahead of himself: It looks more like that assessment was on the money.

Poor Jake Novak's feeling are hurt all over about how that awful FBI is on a horrible awful no good "Witch Hunt."

:| Novak didn't say "Witch Hunt," I said "Witch Hunt" and put it in quotes.

:| Wait cant say that either. It wouldn't be right, I didn't say it first. Donald Trump said it before me and he put it in Quotes.

:) Glad I caught and correct that before Trump saw it and got after me on Twitter.

I wonder what motivates Novak a free market conservative to step up to the plate and defend Sanders's wife from that mean-old FBI like this?

:( I don't know, I just don't know. Anyway Novak finished by saying:

"At some point in this dangerous game of chicken, someone needs to quit the political vendettas and put things right. That moment seems less likely to happen than ever right now."

:( I don't know. Hey village people, should we quit "these dangerous game(s) of chicken," these "political vendetta(s) and put things right"?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:50 pm 
Political Junkie

This is one of the easiest questions to answer in brief. THEMSELVES and their RICH CROONIES!! While we collectively believe that elections will make a difference with change and hope, it's been and will be nothing but lobbing back and forth between the two binary parties a give and take false sense of goodness for all. The good news for Democrats should be an impressive comeback in 2018 and presidential win in 2020. Without a proper progressive agenda in place, all that will happen is some good but more of the same in the long run in which will only result in a quickly shrinking middle class with growing poverty of more pain and suffering. It's simply the way of the ignorance and greed in control.

Warren and Sanders: Who Is Congress Really Serving?
By ELIZABETH WARREN and BERNIE SANDERSDEC. 17, 2017
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/17/opin ... inion&_r=0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:19 pm 
Political Junkie

One has to like this. A younger version of Bernie Sanders for Michigan gubernatorial candidate. Dr. Abdul El-Sayed. It'll be a tight race against a similar opponent but, who knows, possibly the more progressive candidate will emerge as the victor August 7, 2018.

Bernie Sanders campaign veterans rally behind Michigan's El-Sayed

By Gregory Krieg, CNN

Updated 5:20 PM ET, Thu January 4, 2018

key members of the group that helped deliver Michigan to Sanders are returning, or hunkering down, to boost El-Sayed, the 33-year-old former Detroit Health Department leader described by activist and supporter Linda Sarsour as "our younger version of Bernie."

El-Sayed has also retained Middle Seat Digital, a firm founded by Sanders alums Kenneth Pennington, the campaign's digital director in 2016, and Hector Sigala, who ran its booming social media apparatus. The campaign believes El-Sayed, who gained national notice for his work in Detroit, where he pioneered a program to offer free eye exams and, if necessary, glasses, to public school students, is uniquely positioned for viral stardom. (An opinion confirmed in part when former Obama speechwriter and liberal podcast host Jon Favreau retweeted an El-Sayed web video in October, adding: "Reminds me of someone I used to work for.")

Sandberg estimates that 50% of potential voters who come out to see El-Sayed, who barnstormed the state after entering the race early last year, sign up to volunteer on his behalf. The campaign said it has held 150 town halls and meet-and-greets, visiting 95 cities in 46 counties during nearly a year on the stump. He'll have another seven months to make his case, with the primary scheduled for August 7.

"He's getting good responses in even very conservative parts of the state. But where the rubber hits the roads is whether he can get past his base, which right now is young, I would say predominantly college students, people of color -- definitely focused in the Detroit area," said Susan Demas, editor and publisher of Inside Michigan Politics. "But he's hoping to have that Bernie Sanders appeal, a populist economic appeal to people who are really sick of the system."

El-Sayed is working to outflank Whitmer on the left with a plan to bring single-payer health care to the state. His supporters also point to Whitmer's initial hesitance -- she's since committed -- to back a $15 minimum wage as an opening for the campaign to connect with Michigan progressives.
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/04/politics/ ... index.html

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

One has to like this. A younger version of Bernie Sanders for Michigan gubernatorial candidate. Dr. Abdul El-Sayed. It'll be a tight race against a similar opponent but, who knows, possibly the more progressive candidate will emerge as the victor August 7, 2018.

I suppose by that you are referring to Bill Cobbs as the other similar opponent, or perhaps Kentiel White. I think El-Sayed or Cobbs would be alright. I think Kentiel White, sound like a nice guy, would be in over his head if he won.

I didn't see how or where El-Sayed became a younger version of Bernie.

Gretchen Whitmer is the most established candidate who has said she will run so far. https://ballotpedia.org/Gretchen_Whitmer

Potential established candidates are Mike Duggan the Mayor of Detroit, and Bart Stupak a former U.S. representative. Right now there are 8 people in the ring and if these two join them there will be 10. That Bart Stupak appears to be an ick or a yuck. That Mike Duggan appears to be both a carpet bagger, and an ick or a yuck.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:54 pm 
Political Junkie

This is how the political progressive spirit of Senator Sanders is quietly growing in the aftermath of the 2016 election. Good luck to you, Ms Lucas.

A Progressive Revolt Is Brewing in West Virginia
By Justin Nobel
2 days ago

There is a revolt brewing in West Virginia politics. Last Friday Lissa Lucas, an author and celebrated backyard chicken farmer from Cairo, in the northwestern part of the state, brought the fight to the floor of the state capitol. The House of Delegates Judiciary Committee was hearing comments on House Bill 4268, legislation that would enable oil and gas companies to drill on private property as long as three-quarters of the mineral rights owners okayed the operation. The bill, which critics like Lucas have called an effort by "our government…to allow corporations to steal our property and trespass on it without our permission," also grants the oil and gas industry a number of other measures its lobbyists have long sought from the legislature.

The episode is all the more significant because Lissa Lucas is running for West Virginia House of Delegate’s in the state’s seventh district, which is currently held by Harshbarger, and lists property rights and getting money out of politics as two pillars of her campaign. While national pundits continuously play on the state’s historic shift from blue to red, the populist call of the Bernie Sanders’ movement – that concerned citizens can and should get more involved in politics – has struck a major nerve. The goal for many of West Virginia’s progressives is not even beating Republicans like Harshbarger; it is to reform a Democratic Party they see as corrupt and out-of-touch.

"I remember knowing for a long time that the underlying problem to everything is how money in politics is used to manipulate people," said Selena Vickers, a West Virginia educator and social worker who is running for the West Virginia House of Delegates in District 32. "Lissa is a friend of mine," she added. "We are both committed to fixing the [Democratic National Committee], which we know is broken."

Vickers says she was electrified by the Bernie Sanders movement, and spent much of 2016 organizing for his campaign. "Bernie invited me to a revolution, and I showed up," said Vickers, in a video she made about the experience.
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/n ... ia-w516647

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:01 am 
Board Emeritus

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
:arrow: Bernie's deeply moving message~

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:34 am 
Board Emeritus

:arrow: Bernie's deeply moving message~

That's interesting, I looked at it on YouTube, it's two years old, and it's not an official Sanders ad. The Russians did some ads for Sanders around then, I wondered.

So I googled the YouTube users name who put that on YouTube two years ago, Br Luck.

The third link google returned:

Quote:
Russian-English Dictionary of Proverbs and Sayings
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=1476609578
Alexander Margulis, ‎Asya Kholodnaya - 2008 - ‎Literary Criticism
KoMy Be3éT B KapTax, ToMy He Be3éT B JIRO6BM Cf.: Lucky at cards, unlucky in love (Am., Br.). Lucky at play, unlucky in love (Am.). Lucky in cards, unlucky in love (Br.) 132. BesëT Kak yToIIIehlinky. One is utterly unlucky. See 565 (E) Cf.: As good luck as had the cow that struck herself with her own horn (Br.).

That doesn't necessarily mean Br Luck is a Russian stooge, it's just something interesting. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:13 am 
Policy Wonk

Bernie Sanders in Lansing: 'The status quo is not good enough. We demand change'

Quote:
U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders returned to Lansing on Sunday as part of a tour aimed at energizing his base from the 2016 Democratic primary, urging progressives to get involved.

"If I said it once, I've said it a million times, and that is real change never, ever takes place from the top on down," Sanders told a crowd of more than 1,600 at the Lansing Center. "It is always from the bottom up."

Change can happen only when "millions of people look around them and say loudly and clearly, 'the status quo is not good enough, we demand change,'" Sanders said.

The rally was part of a 100-day "Repeal the Trump Tax" tour organized by Not One Penny, a coalition opposing President Donald Trump's tax plan.

In a wide-ranging speech that mirrored his messaging in 2016, Sanders pointedly criticized Trump and the Republican president's agenda, calling Trump "a pathological liar" and "the least-qualified president" in the nation's history...................

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:29 pm 
Policy Wonk

Bernie Sanders keeps campaign promise in return to Flint, Mich.

Quote:
Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders fulfilled a pledge he made during his 2016 presidential campaign and returned to the city of Flint, Mich., on Feb. 25. During his visit to the city, which has not previously been reported, Sanders met with local community members and activists who are dealing with the lead poisoning crisis that has affected the city’s water supply since 2014.

In a statement to Yahoo News, Sanders said the situation remains dire and the government response has been inadequate.

“On my return to Flint this week, I once again saw a community that is economically and socially oppressed and in desperate need of our help. I also saw some beautiful and strong people of all ages working tirelessly to improve that community,” Sanders said, adding, “The impact of the water crisis continues to be enormous, and government at all levels is not doing enough. The work of Pastor Tillman and all those I met in Flint is extraordinary, and I look forward to continuing to work with them.”................

Thank You Bernie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

What work has he done, and what work is he continuing to do?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:44 am 
Board Emeritus

Breitbart is running a headline Bernie Sanders Fined for Colluding with Australian Labor Party

I didn't like it during the election when Sanders fans were using right wing sources to bash Clinton. It would be a just comeuppance but ... I'm not going to post their link. :|

I looked for a better source.

This not a very good source: https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/437 ... sion-finds The title reads, "Bernie Sanders colluded — with the Australian Labor Party" but the link reads "bernie-sanders-campaign-colluded-with-russia-federal-election-commission-finds" Something fishy going on there. I better not use that source. :|

This is a legal document but who is the source and can I trust it???: https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com ... 771765.pdf I better keep looking. :|

This looks OK: http://www.wmur.com/article/in-agreemen ... s/18916317

In agreements with FEC, Sanders campaign, Australian Labor Party fined for prohibited contributions

Project Veritas exposed it in one of their videos and it kind of irritates me that it turns out their claim against Sanders was true. :(

Just what we need when we're trying to convince Republicans that Trump colluding with Russians is bad, Sanders gets caught colluding with Australians.

And it was small petty collusion, not worth it, seven kids helping him with lawn signs. Good grief could Sanders run a government??? One has to ask that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:38 am 
Policy Wonk

Here's how much you need to earn to be part of the 1%

so 3 people have fruits of labor equal to 160 million people

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:45 am 
Board Emeritus

Weinberger wins 3rd term: 'This is what moving forward looks like'
https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/sto ... 373612002/

Mayor of Burlington Miro Weinberger has won his third term in office.

He defeated two challengers, one of whom was Carina Driscoll. She is the stepdaughter of Bernie Sanders, former Mayor of Burlington.

That is all. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:34 pm 
Policy Wonk

Tonight as in March 19th, 2018 at 7 PM

https://twitter.com/MMFlint/status/975729564860272641/photo/1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:21 pm 
Policy Wonk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:01 pm 
Political Junkie

I would have thought that you'd be used to this by now, Senator. It's a place where usual suspects rub elbows.

During an interview with CNN's Jake Tapper at the South by Southwest tech and media conference in Austin, Texas, Sanders shared his views on the ongoing battle in Texas between the DCCC, the party's political arm for House races, and Laura Moser, a journalist and activist who is in the running to challenge Republican Rep. John Culberson this fall.

"I detest that type of politics, and I think most Americans do," the Vermont independent said. "And then when you have the DCCC actually doing opposition research on a serious and strong candidate for the US Congress, when the Democratic establishment itself is engaging in negative attacks against a responsible candidate, that is absolutely unacceptable."

The Democratic House primary in the Houston area has become a stand-in for the broader battle within the party between progressives, who backed Sanders, and members of the establishment. Our Revolution, the political organization that controls Sanders' massive email list, has endorsed Moser.

https://readersupportednews.org/news-se ... acceptable

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:49 pm 
Political Junkie

I hear you, Senator, but don't count on any of this despicable behavior changing over there.

Quote:
Bernie Sanders

Verified account

@SenSanders
Mar 31

More
The killing of Palestinian demonstrators by Israeli forces in Gaza is tragic. It is the right of all people to protest for a better future without a violent response.

Quote:

Bernie Sanders

Verified account

@SenSanders
Mar 31

More
Meanwhile, the situation in Gaza remains a humanitarian disaster. The U.S. must play a more positive role in ending the Gaza blockade and helping Palestinians and Israelis build a future that works for all.

https://twitter.com/SenSanders

I appreciate Mr Canova's robust attempt to continue his political pursuit against a corporate drenched DWS as an Independent. He's still fighting the same uphill battle in that heavily favorite's district. One never knows, an upset may be in the making. That would be a pleasant change for once.

April 2, 2018

A defiant Tim Canova said Monday he’s changing tactics in his quest to defeat U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

He’s leaving the Democratic Party and abandoning his primary challenge of Wasserman Schultz. He hopes to appear on the November ballot as a no party affiliation candidate against her.

Several times during his remarks, Canova used the term “bull----,” explaining that he wouldn’t hesitate to forcefully condemn something that he and his supporters didn’t like. Among his targets: “The leadership of the Broward Democratic Party has its head up its ass.”

And, he explained, “I am not screwing the Democratic Party. It has screwed over too many ordinary Americans and it has screwed over too many progressive candidates.” Wasserman Schultz, he said, “is the kiss of death. She is the albatross around this party.” He called her a “menace” to Florida, the nation and the world.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politi ... story.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:05 pm 
Political Junkie

Yes, Senator, that would be approximately the same timeline, in which I would define this current Democratic Party as being Bush-Clinton Democrats. However, in that moment, 2002, I defined the Republican Party as Bush neocons. The Republican Party today are simply bonkers. Trump bonkers.

by Katelyn Caralle
| April 05, 2018

“The business model, if you like, of the Democratic Party for the last 15 years or so has been a failure,” Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., said at a panel event in Mississippi Wednesday night.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli ... t-15-years

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:26 pm 
Policy Wonk

by Katelyn Caralle
| April 05, 2018

“The business model, if you like, of the Democratic Party for the last 15 years or so has been a failure,” Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., said at a panel event in Mississippi Wednesday night.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli ... t-15-years
Counterfactual history is fraught with difficulty, but its fair to make an argument that without his disruption in this past cycle there is a good chance that 'the business model, if you like, of the Democratic Party' would likely have been successful. It is also difficult to make the argument that their 'business model' was not successful in 2008. Sanders showed what sometimes happens in the political (and business) arena when an outsider, 'white knight' (to use a business term) comes in to save the day. Sometimes it helps...sometimes is increased disruption.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139  Next