RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:29 pm 
Political Junkie

YOUR Revolution endorses 4SandersVet.

it's not OUR Revolution. I do wish you would quit misstating that.

YOU may wish to cease making misstatements. Only if your conscience allows it, of course. :)

Our Revolution https://ourrevolution.com/ DID officially make said endorsements of candidates that I posted about in my last post, not I in any official capacity. On a personal level though, I'm also fine with those candidates and other candidates that OUR REVOLUTION endorses.

Whether or not it comes down to a third party [or Senator Sanders for that matter] or the Democratic 2020 election campaign pulling over disgruntled Trump voters in order to win, it's true change in Washington that's really important to all people who need leadership from the heart and not from the big corporation's money machines. Even when Mr Trump's 2016 rhetoric filled with promised lies of draining the swamp won him the election, it still demonstrated a loud and clear call for extreme changes in Washington. We'll see just how far Mr Trump's bellicose will take him against a true progressive candidate in 2020 [if not disposed of by impeachment before then] or if another opposing candidate isn't artificial concocted again by the corporate establishment.

The 2020 Case for an Unreconstructed Bernie Sanders
by T.A. Frank
October 27, 2017 5:37 pm

Today, dear reader, we’re going to discuss Bernie Sanders in 2020. I’ll try to steer clear of the Democratic primaries of 2016, which no one on the left wishes to relitigate yet no one on the left can resist relitigating. The associated questions cut to the core of the Democratic Party’s internecine disputes: Do we need to win back Trump voters, or do we need to ditch them and find some new ones instead? Should our priority be to reduce economic disparities or to reduce racial disparities—and how are the two issues related? If you want to cause fistfights, ask those questions in a crowded liberal room and then, for your own safety, leave.

Bernie, for his part, shows few signs of slowing down. He has announced he is running for re-election as an Independent in 2018. He is participating in rallies. He has made two trips to New Hampshire in as many months. And, most important, he is tending to his grassroots army (something he wishes Barack Obama had done). During the 2016 primaries, I underestimated Bernie Sanders, but I learned my lesson, coming to see how tough the man was after all. As we look ahead to 2020, Bernie Sanders might be Trump’s strongest opponent.

Sanders has several obvious advantages. People know him. He has good approval ratings—53 percent favorable, according to a recent Harvard-Harris poll. He’s been through a lot of the process. He is also leading the polls of New Hampshire primary voters, with support of 31 percent, followed by Joe Biden at 24 percent. But it’s the less obvious advantage that’s going to be our focus. While Bernie represents the left of the Democratic Party (even as an Independent), he’s culturally conservative on a few key issues. That makes him uniquely positioned to move—at least a little—to the right and win back some of the support Trump gained.

We’ll never stop debating what happened in 2016. But if we look at the numbers, we can see that Trump was playing to pent-up demand. Nearly a third of Americans, it turns out, are conservative on social issues but liberal on economic ones. Until Trump came along, they didn’t have an obvious candidate. (A report released by the Democracy Fund Voter Study Group this summer, authored by New America fellow Lee Drutman, makes the numbers clear, particularly in Chart 2.) They were populists forced to choose between what they saw as lousy economic policy from Republicans and lousy social policy from Democrats. They might be the type who were, say, fine with Obamacare but unhappy with new gun laws or school-bathroom regulations.

This is where Bernie Sanders comes in. Like Trump in 2016, Bernie seemed to grasp that endless foreign wars, the loss of dignified jobs, and the bailouts 2008 had changed the mood of the electorate significantly. Where Trump broke all of the rules and voiced heretical thoughts from the left, however, Sanders lacked the audacity to break all the rules and voice heretical thoughts from the right.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10 ... ial-issues

Let us wage a moral and political war against war itself, so that we can cut military spending and use that money for human needs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:45 pm 
Political Junkie

This is something that most of us supporters for Senator Sanders already knew. This time, it's coming from the side that won.

Trump Pollster: Sanders Would Have Defeated Trump

Matt Vespa
|
Posted: Oct 31, 2017 12:50 PM

Tony Fabrizio said at a Harvard University Institute of Politics event Monday that Sanders could have prevailed where Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton did not.

“There’s no question that if it had been anybody other than Clinton or anybody other than Trump, that race would not have been as close as it was either way,” Fabrizio said. “It would not have been.”

When asked what would happen during a Sanders-Trump match-up, Fabrizio replied, “I think Sanders beats Trump.”
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... p-n2402736

Let us wage a moral and political war against war itself, so that we can cut military spending and use that money for human needs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:25 pm 
Political Junkie

It appears that Donna Brazile has found her way to speaking a pinch of truth - finally. I'm all for anyone who seeks redemption by telling the truth, but I'll not put a whole lot of stock in her anytime soon. If this allows her to sleep better at night, that's fine. I'll not begrudge her of that. DWS and Mrs Clinton - not so much. I imagine some Bush Clinton Democrats will regurgitate all over themselves to save their queen with bs spin. Truth is, it doesn't really matter because what keeps coming out about what the DWS-DNC did to Senator Sanders only confirms what many of the Senator's supporters already knew.

So, when these Bush Clinton corporate Democrats do what they do best and spew bs that Senator Sanders caused Mr Trump to get elected, remind them that it was the DWS-DNC who force fed voters a losing candidate stealing away one who would have defeated Mr Trump.

Clinton Robbed Bernie Sanders Of The Democratic Nomination, According to Donna Brazile
By Greg Price On 11/2/17 at 9:09 AM

The DNC official, Donna Brazile, now a political analyst, wrote in Politico Magazine on Thursday that she discovered an August 2015 agreement between the national committee and Clinton’s campaign and fundraising arm that gave Clinton “control (of) the party’s finances, strategy, and all the money raised” in exchange for taking care of the massive debt leftover from President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign.

Brazile wrote that she had “promised” Sanders to find out if the DNC had intentionally “rigged” the primary system in order to prop up Clinton and assure she became the nominee. That assertion first popped up after the DNC’s emails, hacked by Russians, had been published online and showed former DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz and others may have tipped the scales for the Democrat Clinton versus Sanders, an independent seeking the Democratic Party nod.

“I had tried to search out any other evidence of internal corruption that would show that the DNC was rigging the system to throw the primary to Hillary, but I could not find any in party affairs or among the staff,” Brazile wrote. "I was happy to see that I had found none. Then I found this agreement.”

Normally, candidates take over their respective party’s operations after securing the nomination, but Brazile wrote Clinton had done so almost 15 months before last year’s election.

The timeline of when all this allegedly occurred was not fully explained by Brazile, but she wrote that the discovery was made “weeks” before the election. She said she told Sanders what she found out and that he took the supposed information “stoically.”
http://www.newsweek.com/clinton-robbed- ... ile-699421

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, when these Bush Clinton corporate Democrats do what they do best and spew bs that Senator Sanders caused Mr Trump to get elected, remind them that it was the DWS-DNC who force fed voters a losing candidate stealing away one who would have defeated Mr Trump.

And when you argue "that it was the DWS-DNC who force fed voters a losing candidate stealing away one who would have defeated Mr Trump."

I'm going to be there to point out that you are arguing from the position of conjecture and speculation.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:19 am 
Board Emeritus

It appears that Donna Brazile has found her way to speaking a pinch of truth - finally. I'm all for anyone who seeks redemption by telling the truth, but I'll not put a whole lot of stock in her anytime soon. If this allows her to sleep better at night, that's fine. I'll not begrudge her of that. DWS and Mrs Clinton - not so much. I imagine some Bush Clinton Democrats will regurgitate all over themselves to save their queen with bs spin. Truth is, it doesn't really matter because what keeps coming out about what the DWS-DNC did to Senator Sanders only confirms what many of the Senator's supporters already knew.

Clinton Robbed Bernie Sanders Of The Democratic Nomination, According to Donna Brazile
By Greg Price On 11/2/17 at 9:09 AM

The DNC official, Donna Brazile, now a political analyst, wrote in Politico Magazine on Thursday that she discovered an August 2015 agreement between the national committee and Clinton’s campaign and fundraising arm that gave Clinton “control (of) the party’s finances, strategy, and all the money raised” in exchange for taking care of the massive debt leftover from President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign.

Brazile wrote that she had “promised” Sanders to find out if the DNC had intentionally “rigged” the primary system in order to prop up Clinton and assure she became the nominee. That assertion first popped up after the DNC’s emails, hacked by Russians, had been published online and showed former DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz and others may have tipped the scales for the Democrat Clinton versus Sanders, an independent seeking the Democratic Party nod.

“I had tried to search out any other evidence of internal corruption that would show that the DNC was rigging the system to throw the primary to Hillary, but I could not find any in party affairs or among the staff,” Brazile wrote. "I was happy to see that I had found none. Then I found this agreement.”

Normally, candidates take over their respective party’s operations after securing the nomination, but Brazile wrote Clinton had done so almost 15 months before last year’s election.

The timeline of when all this allegedly occurred was not fully explained by Brazile, but she wrote that the discovery was made “weeks” before the election. She said she told Sanders what she found out and that he took the supposed information “stoically.”
http://www.newsweek.com/clinton-robbed- ... ile-699421

Up until yesterday morning, Bernieville was ready to lynch Donna Brazile.

You are being manipulated.

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:42 pm 
Political Junkie

I see already, as expected, that some Bush Clinton Democrats don't understand the word redemption. Why someone like Donna Brazile, who was one of the corrupt foxes in their corporate establishment hen house, has come forth to free her soul. To admit that their system was rigged against Senator Sanders and all the other contenders for the nomination. Mrs Clinton was pre-chosen. The die hard Bush Clinton Democrats, they'll never admit to what the DWS-DNC did. For that, as I have patiently explained in this thread, all of this will come back to bite them on their rumps. That it will all play out leaving their house of cards hen house in crumbles. It's all on THEM and not supporters of Senator Sanders!

Now, lets read what honorable Senator Warren stated about the rigged system: "a real problem" "hold this party accountable"

Washington (CNN)Sen. Elizabeth Warren said she believes that the Democratic National Committee was "rigged" in favor of former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton during the 2016 primary.

Asked Thursday by CNN's Jake Tapper whether she believes that the Democratic campaign organization was tipped in favor of Clinton over her primary opponent, independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, Warren responded without hesitation: "Yes."

Warren called that "a real problem."

"But what we've got to do as Democrats now is we've got to hold this party accountable," Warren said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/02/politics/ ... index.html

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:04 pm 
Political Junkie

BY: David Rutz
November 3, 2017 7:06 am

A former vice chair of the Democratic National Committee called the 2016 Democratic primary process "rigged" for Hillary Clinton on Thursday, saying it was clear the DNC "secretly chose their nominee" before the primaries even started.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D., Hawaii) made the remark in response to revelations by interim DNC chair Donna Brazile, who released a book excerpt Thursday stating the Clinton campaign effectively took over the DNC in 2015, nearly a year before Clinton actually clinched the nomination after a surprisingly hard-fought battle with Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.).

http://freebeacon.com/politics/former-d ... n-started/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

some Bush Clinton Democrats

:lol:

Quote:
don't understand the word redemption. Why someone like Donna Brazile, who was one of the corrupt foxes in their corporate establishment hen house, has come forth to free her soul.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh the bathos

Quote:
[size=150]Washington (CNN)Sen. Elizabeth Warren said she believes that the Democratic National Committee was "rigged" in favor of former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton during the 2016 primary.

Uh-huh.

Remember what happened when EW endorsed HRC instead of The Messiah™? Bernieville tried to dox her Facebook. :problem:

cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:01 am 
Political Junkie

Senator;
Your attempt to reform the post DWS-DNC is honorable, but please don't hold your breath. You're trying to do what's right, but in a very long running political world steeped with corruption and unethical practices, the binary parties will unlikely change. A fresh third party is the only answer for moving away from big corporate money that rules Republicans and Democrats. Concentrate more on that, sir.

Bernie Sanders renews call for changes at DNC

By David Weigel November 9

The focus of Sanders’s mini-campaign is on the DNC’s Unity Reform Commission, created after the 2016 primaries — but before Hillary Clinton’s surprise defeat in the general election — to ease tensions among supporters of the two candidates.

On Dec. 8 and 9, the commission will meet for the last time and present recommendations to the full DNC. Sanders’s goal is twofold: To highlight the changes he wants most and to prevent the issue from fading when the full DNC meets again.

“This will invigorate the party,” Sanders said. “How are you a serious national party when in half the states, there’s no serious Democratic presence?”
Sanders’s DNC priorities have not changed much since the summer of 2016, when he began attacking the presence of “superdelegates” — unbound delegates to the party’s convention, whose number has increased every cycle — for giving Clinton an insurmountable lead.

Clinton ended up defeating Sanders in most primaries and would have secured the nomination had superdelegates not existed. But the bitterness surrounding the primary has endured. The release of Brazile’s book “Hacks,” in which she revealed a joint fundraising agreement favorable to the Clinton campaign ahead of the general election, introduced a whole new reason for Democrats to squabble.

Sanders, who has monitored the Unity Reform Commission’s work, argued that its recommendations should include new budget transparency, ending the mystery, for state Democratic activists, about where their money is going and where it might be used to help candidates.

“What is the process by which that money is allocated? We don’t know,” Sanders said. “We don’t have transparency. This is tough stuff, but it means to say that you can’t have a few people in meeting saying: Well, we can’t support the guy in Kansas. We can’t support the guy in Montana, or whatever. That process has to be much more open.”

In the interview, and in an article published Thursday by his grass-roots organization Our Revolution, Sanders did not specify how transparent the DNC needed to be. On the unity commission, Sanders-appointed members have argued for at least DNC members to get access to the budget, a request that became more popular after the release of Brazile’s book.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... 5ac5fa2c12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

BY: David Rutz
November 3, 2017 7:06 am

A former vice chair of the Democratic National Committee called the 2016 Democratic primary process "rigged" for Hillary Clinton on Thursday, saying it was clear the DNC "secretly chose their nominee" before the primaries even started.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D., Hawaii) made the remark in response to revelations by interim DNC chair Donna Brazile, who released a book excerpt Thursday stating the Clinton campaign effectively took over the DNC in 2015, nearly a year before Clinton actually clinched the nomination after a surprisingly hard-fought battle with Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.).

http://freebeacon.com/politics/former-d ... n-started/

Whenever a Sanders supporter leans on a Free Beacon article to support their cause, it has the effect of tainting the Sanders brand because the Free Beacon is one of the most Conservative ultra far right so called news outlets there are.

By comparison Fox News would be almost neutral.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Whenever a Sanders supporter leans on a Free Beacon article to support their cause, it has the effect of tainting the Sanders brand because the Free Beacon is one of the most Conservative ultra far right so called news outlets there are.

So strange that seemingly intelligent people have such a difficult time with this issue of source credibility.

On the other end, today, we have outlets like Democracy Now being overrun with BDS nonsense, which helps to expose the depths of antisemitism on the political left in America and Britain, but with incalculable damage being done.

What is it with folks that they cannot readily recognize when they are being conned by a right-woos-left scam?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:51 am 
Board Emeritus

Yes the whackodoodke left has always had a fake news problem that matches the propagandized right in every way. It leaves them open to being recruited just as they were by literal neonazis after 9/11.

It's part of how Alex Jones became so popular. Whackodoodle Lefty thought he was their friend because he too hated Bush43. :?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:42 pm 
Political Junkie

I don't spend time posting about my personal likes and disliked sources by others here who struggle with the content that they disagree with. Clearly, the Senator has made statements about repairing the DNC for the better. Other sources have basically carried the Senator's same message.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/berni ... le/2640455

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... 595efe8235

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... rty-215813

As honorable as it is for the Senator to believe that he might fix the DNC for the better, unfortunately, he's more than likely wasting his time calling for a better operating Veteran's Affairs. I still appreciate his efforts though.

Friday, November 10, 2017
BURLINGTON, Vt., Nov. 10 – U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) issued the following statement regarding Veterans Day:

"While we set aside this particular day to recognize our veterans, I believe we must commit ourselves every day to keep America’s promise to them, just as they kept their promise to us. That means our veterans must have access to high quality health care, and we must fight to preserve, protect and improve the VA."
https://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom ... s-day-2017

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

I don't spend time posting about my personal likes and disliked sources by others here who struggle with the content that they disagree with. Clearly, the Senator has made statements about repairing the DNC for the better. Other sources have basically carried the Senator's same message.

Clearly, the Senator has made statements. And other sources have indeed carried the Senator's message. So for crying out loud use them!

When I see a Washington Free Beacon, Dally Caller, US Uncut, Gateway Pundit, Zero Hedge, Breitbart, Infowars, Daily Star UK, Daily Mail, Newsmax, the Observer, Fox, or a Washington Examiner link, and the reason it was posted wasn't to complain about how awful a source they are, I will have a cow. A whole cow.

Moo!

That is not a complete list. This is a good site: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/

If it's on their Right Bias, Conspiracy-Pseudoscience, or Questionable Sources lists I will more than likely remark on it's questionable nature.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

Moo!

Moo!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:26 am 
Board Emeritus

Other sources have basically carried the Senator's same message.

Then why not use those instead of garbage sources?

It's not about pleasing other posters, it's about your own credibility.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:50 pm 
Political Junkie

On the ongoing subject of 'other sources', please allow me to make clear my position. There was a time that I'd try to please Republicans and their misplaced demands. As some may or may not figure out on their own, it didn't take long for me to nix any attempt to please crybaby gangers. As clearly evident in this thread, very much the same has taken place with the usual suspect intruders of this Bernie Sanders' thread - those who I now correctly identify as Bush - Clinton Democrats. An attempt on their part to control message especially when it comes to Senator Sanders. Then, we still have our first amendment right. For those who are slightly confused, in which appears often, that applies to everyone. Yes, even usual suspects can spew whatever childish rants they wish to. It's simply not of their agenda to respect Bernie Sanders' supporters. So-be-it. I'll post whatever source that I wish to use because to be honest, nothing stops babies from crying, unless they get their way(s). I do recognize that it'll sometimes be difficult not to become like them. That's the biggest test [for me] taking place here.

Among this current plethora of sexual allegations of late, there are supposedly four new sexual allegations that turned up against Mr Bill Clinton today that occurred during the early 2000s. I'll wait until these allegations are backed by more sources, but in the meantime, I won't hold my breath that our main stream media will discuss this. In the last couple of days, there has also been a couple of congresswomen to speak out against Mr Clinton and his sexual misbehavings in the past, when he held government office. So far, nothing like this has taken place with Senator Sanders. Until if and when it does, I'll continue to refer to the Senator as honorable and trustworthy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:15 pm 
Policy Wonk

:lol: Indeed...NOT.

Attachments:
Crying Baby.jpg
Crying Baby.jpg [ 78.89 KiB | Viewed 42 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

:lol: Indeed...NOT.

And of you don't I will cry political correctness! or identity politics! or whatever!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

As clearly evident in this thread, very much the same has taken place with the usual suspect intruders of this Bernie Sanders' thread - those who I now correctly identify as Bush - Clinton Democrats.

"The usual suspect intruders of this Bernie Sanders' thread." :roll:

Bernie Sanders is an intruder of the Democratic Party. :|

"Bush - Clinton Democrats!" :roll:

Oh huh! So says Trump - Sanders populists. :|

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:48 am 
Board Emeritus

"The usual suspect intruders of this Bernie Sanders' thread." :roll:

Bernie Sanders is an intruder of the Democratic Party. :|

"Bush - Clinton Democrats!" :roll:

Oh huh! So says Trump - Sanders populists. :|

+++++

Berniebro entitlement issues.

Homeboy really thinks he owns this thread. :problem:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:56 am 
Policy Wonk

:D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:22 am 
Political Junkie

Da Commission wants to whack the Superdelegates!? :shock:

Brazile's book really got the Berniebro's off their cafe latte asses, eh.

Further back, there's a WaPo link that makes some good points. Cut the rhetoric and click bait from 4SandersVet other links........And the points are the same. Not bad points. We'd do well to listen.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:23 am 
Board Emeritus

HRC's running mate is calling for eliminating superdelegates.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... rdelegates

But wait, I thought Tim Kaine was a corporate Bush DINO?

I'm so confused. :roll:

P.S. I think the superdelegate system could be reformed. It doesn't have to be eliminated.

P.S.2 I thought (W.) Bush was a moron, barely literate, and until Trump came along, one of the country's worst presidents. You asked.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134