RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

There is a certain tone deafness to attacking Obama on the anniversary of King's assassination.

Others explain it better than me...

Black Twitter is not here for Bernie criticizing Obama on the anniversary of MLK’s death
https://www.dailydot.com/irl/bernie-san ... niversary/

In Event Honoring MLK, Bernie Sanders’ Comments on Race and Barack Obama Raise Eyebrows
https://www.theroot.com/in-event-honori ... 1825043927

Of course, his spox walked back that this was a "criticism"; but even still, please note, the compliment was backhanded, as he only said Obama was a good candidate ... not president.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

There is a certain tone deafness to attacking Obama on the anniversary of King's assassination.

Others explain it better than me...

Black Twitter is not here for Bernie criticizing Obama on the anniversary of MLK’s death
https://www.dailydot.com/irl/bernie-san ... niversary/

In Event Honoring MLK, Bernie Sanders’ Comments on Race and Barack Obama Raise Eyebrows
https://www.theroot.com/in-event-honori ... 1825043927

Of course, his spox walked back that this was a "criticism"; but even still, please note, the compliment was backhanded, as he only said Obama was a good candidate ... not president.

Yes but Bernieville is convinced the blacks don't really know how to vote yet, and need Saint Bernard to tell us what's good for us.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:25 pm 
Policy Wonk

Bernie Sanders in the Deep South

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:02 am 
Political Junkie

A very good comparrison to Senator Sanders. Trusting and faithful. Works hard for the people. A good gentle giant of the human being species.

St Bernard (/ˈbɜːrnərd/ or /bərˈnɑːrd/)[2] is a breed of very large working dog from the western Alps

The Saint Bernard was bred to be a working companion and to this day the St.Bernard lives to please its master and is an amiable yet hard worker.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Bernard_(dog)

Let us wage a moral and political war against war itself, so that we can cut military spending and use that money for human needs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:22 am 
Policy Wonk

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Quote:
The Enduring Challenge of a Moral Economy

Duke University Chapel host a public conversation with U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders and the Rev. William J. Barber II. The discussion, “The Enduring Challenge of a Moral Economy: 50 Years After Dr. King Challenged Racism, Poverty, and Militarism,” will be moderated by Duke Chapel Dean Luke A..........

music starts at 22:40 conversation at 38:50

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:43 pm 
Political Junkie

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

music starts at 22:40 conversation at 38:50

"A Moral Economy"

A honorable man among honorable people. Those who care about regular folks and not so much about controlling robotic corporate minds and money. Sadly, the Senator's plan will be rejected, but to document who isn't on board speaks volumes at the polls.

Bernie Sanders is about to roll out a plan to guarantee every single American a job

Bob Bryan
16h

According to The Post, Sanders' plan would create 12 districts within the US that would approve jobs plans from municipalities, states, and American Indian tribal governments and then pass those plans along to the Labor Department for final approval.

The plan would also utilize job training centers to train and connect workers with jobs on the new projects

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York also suggested on Twitter that the federal government should have tried a jobs guarantee program instead of passing the recent GOP tax cut bill.

The jobs guarantee idea has long been discussed by liberal economists and activists who argue the guarantee would drive up wages for working Americans and reduce inequality by lowering unemployment rates for minorities.
http://www.businessinsider.com/bernie-s ... lan-2018-4

Let us wage a moral and political war against war itself, so that we can cut military spending and use that money for human needs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:51 pm 
Policy Wonk

yea it would probably most greatly affect women and minorities but in adding an entire missing half of our economy would raise everyone up. lot of the people with anger, vengance, bitterness hopelessness, despair, and violence on their minds could be busy pursuing other interests and goals.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:59 am 
Board Emeritus

yea it would probably most greatly affect women and minorities but

Then it's not good enough.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:44 pm 
Political Junkie

yea it would probably most greatly affect women and minorities but in adding an entire missing half of our economy would raise everyone up.

If properly supported, the Senator's proposal would be a substantial start to build on despite resistance from anti-progressives. ;)

I must say, that this recent photo properly displays the loving closeness between Mr George W Bush and Mrs Clinton. I appreciate their honesty with how they feel about each other. Mr Clinton is stuck in the back by himself, whereas he probably should have been seated next to Mr George HW Bush. Next to the one that he was very close with - more than Bush Jr. If Senator Sanders were president, I suspect that he'd be standing in that photo where Mrs Trump stood.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:49 pm 
Policy Wonk

4SandersVet wrote:
If properly supported, the Senator's proposal would be a substantial start to build on despite resistance from anti-progressives. ;)

I must say, that this recent photo properly displays the loving closeness between Mr George W Bush and Mrs Clinton. I appreciate their honesty with how they feel about each other. Mr Clinton is stuck in the back by himself, whereas he probably should have been seated next to Mr George HW Bush. Next to the one that he was very close with - more than Bush Jr. If Senator Sanders were president, I suspect that he'd be standing in that photo where Mrs Trump stood.

nothing wrong with people getting along and seeing each other as human, I dont have any hate for people I disagree with, when it comes to policy of war or that affects people in poverty or people having fairness or justice I want our reps and government officials to not get along with the policy that hurts people.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump golfed instead of going to Barbara Bush’s funeral. That was a good thing
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 258c5c6246

Sometimes a picture is worth a zillion words. The viral group photograph from former first lady Barbara Bush’s funeral speaks volumes about the state of our democracy, poignantly illustrating what we have lost and must at all costs regain.

George H.W. Bush is front and center in his wheelchair. Behind him, left to right, we see Laura and George W. Bush, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Barack and Michelle Obama, and Melania Trump. It is an extraordinary portrait of power, continuity, legacy, civility and mutual respecta remarkable tableau that is made possible only by President Trump’s absence. Imagine him in the picture, puffed-up and no doubt scowling, trying desperately to make himself the center of attention. It’s a good thing he decided to spend the weekend playing golf and writing angry tweets at Mar-a-Lago instead.

I can’t look at that photo without pondering how destructive Trump has been — and how much work and goodwill it will take to put the pieces together again after he’s gone.

The elder Bush pursued conservative policies. Clinton was center-left. The younger Bush took the country back to the right. Obama pulled it to the left. These shifts seemed big and important at the time, but they pale in comparison with the disruption Trump has wrought.

Like virtually all of their predecessors, the four presidents in that picture tried to govern with a generosity of spirit. I disagreed vehemently with many of George W. Bush’s policies, including the Iraq War and the brutal torture of suspected terrorists. I was sharply critical of his administration’s botched response to Hurricane Katrina. Yet Kanye West was wrong when he said “George Bush doesn’t care about black people.” With no regard for political gain, Bush 43 launched a program to provide anti-HIV drugs to victims in southern Africa — a move estimated to have saved at least 11 million lives. I try to imagine Trump doing something like that, and I can’t.

I also can’t see Trump skillfully managing tectonic geopolitical change the way George H.W. Bush handled the fall of the Berlin Wall. Bush 41 knew that it was important to lay the groundwork so that Russia and its former satellites could prosper in the post-communist era. Trump’s foreign policy is based on “America first” selfishness and whether foreign leaders flatter him or not.

Clinton guided the nation through tremendous economic expansion, welfare reform and fiscal belt-tightening that ultimately resulted in a balanced budget. In doing so, he often angered his Democratic Party base. By contrast, Trump evidently cares about nothing but his base. Presented with reasonable compromises on issues such as immigration and health care, Trump preferred to leave problems unsolved rather than risk his loyal supporters’ anger.

Obama always sought compromise, though he did not always achieve it; he based the Affordable Care Act, after all, on Republican ideas that had first been implemented by Mitt Romney. Seeing Obama at a funeral was a reminder of his great eloquence, especially at moments of tragedy and loss. I was present when Obama delivered his indelible eulogy to the victims of the Charleston, S.C., church massacre. I saw the reaction when he broke into “Amazing Grace” and the auditorium erupted with shouts of “Amen!” I imagine Trump at that podium, and I weep.

Melania Trump was not out of place in that photo; she looked elegant, as always, and paid her respects to Barbara Bush with grace. It is easy to see her as an eventual member of that exclusive club of former presidents and first ladies — as long as she leaves her husband at home to nurse his many grievances.

When Trump eventually leaves, we will have much to do — rebuild the State Department, put the Environmental Protection Agency back in the business of fighting climate change, shift tax policy to favor the middle class rather than the wealthy, cope with the trillion-dollar deficits that arise from irresponsible tax cuts, rebuild relationships with some of our closest allies . . . the list is long. But perhaps the biggest task will be reestablishing the sense of national honor and tradition that the funeral photograph represents.

An argument can be made that the Democratic Party and the pre-Trump Republican Party were too close, that there were only modest differences between their policies, that both had lost touch with the nation they sought to govern. But if that was the problem, Donald Trump was a disastrous solution.

Imagine him standing there in the picture, between his wife and Michelle Obama. The image just falls apart.

[snip][end]

His absence from that photo, showing he would rather golf than fulfill the responsibilities of Head of State - that means attending the funerals of former HoS' spouses - is classic Trump.

Amen, Eugene Robinson. Amen.

Had he ever been President, I know Bernie would never have been such a douchebag.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:27 pm 
Political Junkie

nothing wrong with people getting along and seeing each other as human, I dont have any hate for people I disagree with, when it comes to policy of war or that affects people in poverty or people having fairness or justice I want our reps and government officials to not get along with the policy that hurts people.

I suppose that there will come a time when the Clintons and the Obama's stand in a future photo with the Trumps viewing each other as human and possibly drapping arms around the other. I have to admit, I won't be able to feel warm and fuzzy when that happens. I still don't understand why Mr Clinton wasn't standing next to Mrs Clinton with his arm over her shoulder. It's almost as if he no longer belonged in the Bush Inner Circle. I must add that I was glad not to see President Carter in that photo. He is still a very caring diplomat for people in need rather than people drenched with the people's money.

Bernie Sanders to join congressional candidate Jess King at rally in Lancaster this weekend
LINDSEY BLEST | Staff Writer 19 hrs ago

Sanders recently announced his endorsement of King, citing her "vision of an America that works for all of us."

The rally will be held 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Musser Park, 135 N. Lime St., Lancaster.

"Senator Sanders is traveling to South Central PA because what’s happening here isn’t just about whether a Democrat or a Republican wins another seat in Congress," King said in a description of the event. "... We are building a movement to rewrite the rules of an economy that has been rigged to favor the wealthy and well-connected."
https://lancasteronline.com/news/local/bernie-sanders-to-join-congressional-candidate-jess-king-at-rally/article_e942f7ee-4cd4-11e8-adc5-433adaea622c.html

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:31 pm 

His absence from that photo, showing he would rather golf than fulfill the responsibilities of Head of State - that means attending the funerals of former HoS' spouses - is classic Trump.

Amen, Eugene Robinson. Amen.

Had he ever been President, I know Bernie would never have been such a douchebag.

I'm sure all were pleased he didn't attend.

However, modern sitting Presidents for the most part don't attend funerals of former First Ladies. First Ladies attend former First Ladies funerals.

Obama passed on Reagan and Ford. W passed on Lady Bird. I think Clinton went to Jackie O's but that was probably to rub elbows with the rich and famous.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:55 am 
Policy Wonk

I suppose that there will come a time when the Clintons and the Obama's stand in a future photo with the Trumps viewing each other as human and possibly drapping arms around the other. I have to admit, I won't be able to feel warm and fuzzy when that happens. I still don't understand why Mr Clinton wasn't standing next to Mrs Clinton with his arm over her shoulder. It's almost as if he no longer belonged in the Bush Inner Circle. I must add that I was glad not to see President Carter in that photo. He is still a very caring diplomat for people in need rather than people drenched with the people's money.

Bernie Sanders to join congressional candidate Jess King at rally in Lancaster this weekend
LINDSEY BLEST | Staff Writer 19 hrs ago

Sanders recently announced his endorsement of King, citing her "vision of an America that works for all of us."

The rally will be held 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Musser Park, 135 N. Lime St., Lancaster.

"Senator Sanders is traveling to South Central PA because what’s happening here isn’t just about whether a Democrat or a Republican wins another seat in Congress," King said in a description of the event. "... We are building a movement to rewrite the rules of an economy that has been rigged to favor the wealthy and well-connected."
https://lancasteronline.com/news/local/bernie-sanders-to-join-congressional-candidate-jess-king-at-rally/article_e942f7ee-4cd4-11e8-adc5-433adaea622c.html

They were attending a funeral, being nasty to the people who lost a loved one doesn't serve any political goals its just mean.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:51 am 
Board Emeritus

IS BERNIE SANDERS'S 2020 SUPPORT SLIPPING? A SURVEY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE VOTERS SAYS YES
http://www.newsweek.com/are-bernie-sand ... ers-908766

Voters in a state that helped launch Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders's 2016 bid for the presidency may not be "feeling the Bern" as much two years later, now that it's rumored the senator could run again in 2020.

Sanders trails Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren as well as former Vice President Joe Biden in a survey of New Hampshire voters' preferred 2020 candidate, according to new polling from Suffolk University released on Wednesday. Sanders won over just 13 percent of New Hampshire voters, while Warren was preferred by 26 percent of the respondents and Biden by 20 percent. New Jersey Senator Cory Booker fell below Sanders with 8 percent, California Senator Kamala Harris and former Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick each got 4 percent, and former Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe and New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand received 2 percent each.

The poll was administered more than two years ahead of 2020's general election, but the results suggest that a state that once considered Sanders their first choice for president is open to other options when presented with a slate of potential Democratic contenders.

“For someone who hasn't visited New Hampshire in over a year, Joe Biden’s popularity is strong and steady," David Paleologos, Suffolk University Political Research Center's Boston director said. "What is perhaps surprising is that Bernie Sanders—who secured 60 percent of the New Hampshire Democratic primary vote in 2016—is retaining less than half of that support two years later."

[snip][end]

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:26 pm 
Political Junkie

It goes without saying, despite attempts by several disgruntled Bush-Clinton Democrats to disparage the honorable Senator Sander's standing, that he truly cares about all people, including war veterans. I certainly would have been proud to serve under our nation's commander in chief Bernard Sanders [if elected] and fight in a justifiable war. Needless to say, I'm certain that a President Sanders would NOT have allowed an America - Vietnam War to have taken place under his watch.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) issued the following statement Thursday after Rear Admiral Ronny Jackson withdrew his nomination to lead the VA:
“Former VA Secretary David Shulkin was fired because he opposed the Trump Administration’s desire to privatize the VA. Following Dr. Jackson’s withdrawal, I would hope that President Trump will submit a new nominee who has the experience necessary to run the agency, who sides with every major veterans’ organization in vigorously opposing the privatization of the VA, and who will work to quickly fill the more than 30,000 staff vacancies at the VA so that our veterans can get the care they have earned and deserve. Our job is to strengthen the VA in order to provide high-quality care to our veterans, not dismantle it.”
https://www.sanders.senate.gov/

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bush-Clinton Democrats

What the heck are "Bush-Clinton Democrats"?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Beats the fuck out of me.

I've never ever voted for any Bush for office, and that includes for Florida Governor.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

What the heck are "Bush-Clinton Democrats"?

The opposite of Trump-Sanders populists.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

The opposite of Trump-Sanders populists.

snap

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:32 pm 
Political Junkie

For the very special anti-Senator Sanders groupies - such closeness and affection is simply ADORABLE! One may not find the Senator chummy with members of the Bush family. I know, disheartening isn't it? :roll:

Be proud Bush-Clinton Democrats. Be very proud!

I'll go out on a limb here and speculate that we'll not find any of those two family members involved with any justice reform roundtable. It's an ongoing effort of hard work with the Senator.

Criminal Justice Reform Roundtable
U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders on Friday, May 4, 2018
https://www.facebook.com/senatorsanders ... 183632908/

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Be proud Bush-Clinton Democrats. Be very proud!

Some people make a big fucking deal out of photos.

I guess we need to start talking about "Bush-Carter" Democrats too. :roll:

Quote:
I'll go out on a limb here and speculate that we'll not find any of those two family members involved with any justice reform roundtable.

P.S. HILLARY CLINTON AND BERNIE SANDERS VARY LITTLE ON CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM
http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton ... orm-425735

The Hillary Clinton Criminal Justice Reform Plan
http://www.genfkd.org/hillary-clinton-c ... eform-plan

Come off that limb any time you feel like. :roll: :roll: :roll:

P.S.2. I am not anti-Sanders. :roll:
Reporting factual reality about how he's polling ... well it's my pro truthiness. :twisted: ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Some people make a big fucking deal out of photos.

I guess we need to start talking about "Bush-Carter" Democrats too. :roll:

P.S. HILLARY CLINTON AND BERNIE SANDERS VARY LITTLE ON CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM
http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton ... orm-425735

The Hillary Clinton Criminal Justice Reform Plan
http://www.genfkd.org/hillary-clinton-c ... eform-plan

Come off that limb any time you feel like. :roll: :roll: :roll:

P.S.2. I am not anti-Sanders. :roll:
Reporting factual reality about how he's polling ... well it's my pro truthiness. :twisted: ;)

Ahh yes, surprised they didnt pull out the one with henry...This is why a fascist traitor is in the WH...all this SHIT from these "progressives"

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:32 pm 
Policy Wonk

It's about time that we started posting endlessly about Harold Stassen!

:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138  Next