RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sanders Introduces Bill to End Money Bail

WASHINGTON, July 25 – Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) introduced legislation Wednesday to end money bail, which would prevent people from being locked up before trial solely because they cannot afford their bail. Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) has introduced a companion bill in the House.

The United States has the highest incarceration rate in the world and nearly a quarter of all people imprisoned on any given day, disproportionately black, Latinx, and Native American, are “unconvicted”—meaning they are sitting in jail waiting for a trial, plea bargain or conclusion to their case. Hundreds of thousands of the “unconvicted” population are in jail simply because they could not afford their bail.

https://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom ... money-bail

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:30 am 
Policy Wonk

Senator Sanders hard at work for us

Sens. Warren and Sanders introduce bill that would slash Puerto Rico's debt

Quote:
  • The bill would slash a major part of Puerto Rico’s $73 billion in outstanding debt.
  • The legislation “provides an avenue to comprehensive debt relief for Puerto Rico and other hurricane-ravaged U.S. territories so that they have a chance to get back on their feet,” according to the sponsors.
  • "Greedy Wall Street vulture funds must not be allowed to reap huge profits off the suffering and misery of the Puerto Rican people for a second longer," Sanders says.

Quote:
Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders on Wednesday introduced a bill that would essentially wipe out tens of billions of dollars of Puerto Rico’s $73 billion in outstanding debt.

The proposal, entitled the “U.S. Territorial Relief Act of 2018,” counts Democratic Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, Edward J. Markey of Massachusetts and Kamala Harris of California as co-sponsors. The bill “provides an avenue to comprehensive debt relief for Puerto Rico and other hurricane-ravaged U.S. territories so that they have a chance to get back on their feet,” according to the sponsors..............

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:30 am 
Board Emeritus

My ass
THIS is what he is doing

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23880

He is working overtime to DIVIDE the d party which GUARANTEES more gop power, and I know why

this is the kind of shit that makes me crazy

Quote:

The original co-sponsor of Ted Lieu's legislation is the Congressman who Sanders...

...was campaigning against in Missouri last week.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... -bill/1437

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... l/3271?r=2

sigh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:33 pm 
Policy Wonk

Libertas wrote:
My ass
THIS is what he is doing

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23880

He is working overtime to DIVIDE the d party which GUARANTEES more gop power, and I know why

this is the kind of shit that makes me crazy

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... -bill/1437

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... l/3271?r=2

sigh

how is slashing Puerto Rico debt and allowing poor people the same right to be free before trial as the wealthy, dividing democrats? democrats are co sponsors.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

how is slashing Puerto Rico debt and allowing poor people the same right to be free before trial as the wealthy, dividing democrats? democrats are co sponsors.

It was Ted's idea, and then when he did do his own version he went out and campaigned AGAINST the co sponsor of Ted's bill.

I wish we could see Bernie's tax returns.

Voted against sanctions because Iran was included? Guess how he voted on whether or not to combine the two. He is not who he says he is...sorry

I voted for Bernie, was a fan and follower before MANY knew of him, listened to EVERY week on Thom's show.,loved him...I know better now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:55 pm 
Policy Wonk

It was Ted's idea, and then when he did do his own version he went out and campaigned AGAINST the co sponsor of Ted's bill.

I wish we could see Bernie's tax returns.

Voted against sanctions because Iran was included? Guess how he voted on whether or not to combine the two. He is not who he says he is...sorry

I guess if all the issues were petty and only there to serve the purpose of insinuation and vindictiveness I could see your point but I think they matter, we can point out whats wrong but thats only part of it, when you get so dependent on trying to force people to not even try or to let others decide for you what is acceptable for you to support or vote for then you are out of touch.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

I guess if all the issues were petty and only there to serve the purpose of insinuation and vindictiveness I could see your point but I think they matter, we can point out whats wrong but thats only part of it, when you get so dependent on trying to force people to not even try or to let others decide for you what is acceptable for you to support or vote for then you are out of touch.

Oh my god what does this post say :rw) :rw) :rw)

Why do YOU not care that he refuses to show taxes?

Voted to combine Russia and Iran in sanctions then voted against the sanctions using that as the excuse or against Magnitsky? Dont you SEE?

I see and I supported Bernie from afar for over ten years

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:27 pm 
Policy Wonk

bezos has got a mini kim jong un thing going on

Bernie Sanders introduces 'Stop BEZOS' bill

Quote:
- As promised, Senator Bernie Sanders introduced a bill Wednesday that would tax Amazon, Walmart and other big companies whose workers collect public assistance.

Named the Stop Bad Employers by Zeroing Out Subsidies, or the Stop BEZOS Act after Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, Sanders' bill would levy a tax on large companies equal to the value of the public benefits that their workers receive. He argues that if employers paid a living wage, taxpayers would save $150 billion a year on the government assistance programs, including food stamps, Medicaid and public housing.

"We do not believe that taxpayers should have to expend huge sums of money subsidizing profitable corporations owned by some of the wealthiest people in this country. That's what a rigged economy is about," said Sanders, who introduced the bill with California Representative Ro Khanna, a Democrat.

The independent senator from Vermont recently asked Amazon workers to tell him about their work conditions. He shared a few examples from workers who said that they make only $11 an hour or $13.25 an hour, which isn't enough to live on.

Sanders also lashed out Wednesday at Burger King, McDonald's and American Airlines for paying wages so low that their workers have to sign up for government benefits...............

Thousands of Amazon workers receive food stamps. Now Bernie Sanders wants the company to pay up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:33 am 
Board Emeritus

Zero chance of going anywhere, I thought this bill was someone else bill that he signed on to.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:39 pm 
Policy Wonk

Amazon employees speak out about workplace conditions

Quote:
Amazon has a reputation among customers for speed and efficiency, but some employees at its fulfillment centers are speaking out to NBC News alleging the company prioritizes speed over worker safety.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139