RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 835 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

Clinton, in book, says Trump's debate stalking made her skin crawl
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1B31CH

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton says in her new book that Donald Trump made her skin crawl by stalking her around the stage in a campaign debate and she wonders if she should have told him to "back up, you creep."

In audio excerpts of the book "What Happened" aired on Wednesday on MSNBC, Clinton described her 2016 campaign as "joyful, humbling, infuriating and just plain baffling" and acknowledged she failed her millions of supporters by losing to Trump in the November election.

In the excerpts, Clinton described the Oct. 9 debate in St. Louis in which Trump followed her closely about the stage, lurking behind her as she fielded questions from a live television audience. The debate came two days after an audiotape emerged in which Trump was heard bragging about groping women.

"This is not OK, I thought," Clinton says. "It was the second presidential debate and Donald Trump was looming behind me.

"We were on a small stage and no matter where I walked, he followed me closely, staring at me, making faces. It was incredibly uncomfortable. He was literally breathing down my neck. My skin crawled," Clinton said.

"It was one of those moments where you wish you could hit pause and ask everyone watching: 'Well, what would you do?' Do you stay calm, keep smiling and carry on as if he weren't repeatedly invading your space? Or do you turn, look him in the eye and say loudly and clearly: 'Back up, you creep. Get away from me. I know you love to intimidate women but you can't intimidate me.'"

[snip][end]

We will never know if that would have affected the electoral outcome - and I suspect some men might have gone for him more strongly if you did - I wish you did, Hillary.

Just because that creep needs to be told he's a creep by as many women as possible.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:02 am 
Policy Wonk

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
Clinton, in book, says Trump's debate stalking made her skin crawl
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1B31CH

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton says in her new book that Donald Trump made her skin crawl by stalking her around the stage in a campaign debate and she wonders if she should have told him to "back up, you creep."

In audio excerpts of the book "What Happened" aired on Wednesday on MSNBC, Clinton described her 2016 campaign as "joyful, humbling, infuriating and just plain baffling" and acknowledged she failed her millions of supporters by losing to Trump in the November election.

In the excerpts, Clinton described the Oct. 9 debate in St. Louis in which Trump followed her closely about the stage, lurking behind her as she fielded questions from a live television audience. The debate came two days after an audiotape emerged in which Trump was heard bragging about groping women.

"This is not OK, I thought," Clinton says. "It was the second presidential debate and Donald Trump was looming behind me.

"We were on a small stage and no matter where I walked, he followed me closely, staring at me, making faces. It was incredibly uncomfortable. He was literally breathing down my neck. My skin crawled," Clinton said.

"It was one of those moments where you wish you could hit pause and ask everyone watching: 'Well, what would you do?' Do you stay calm, keep smiling and carry on as if he weren't repeatedly invading your space? Or do you turn, look him in the eye and say loudly and clearly: 'Back up, you creep. Get away from me. I know you love to intimidate women but you can't intimidate me.'"

[snip][end]

We will never know if that would have affected the electoral outcome - and I suspect some men might have gone for him more strongly if you did - I wish you did, Hillary.

Just because that creep needs to be told he's a creep by as many women as possible.

:arrow: I certainly wish Hillary would have turned around and told the creep to "back off!" We'll never know if that would have changed the outcome of the election, but it would have made quite a lot of us stand up and cheer!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:37 am 
Board Emeritus

A better approach to that would have been to make a joke of it and mock him, such as "What are you doing?" He hates that and it would have put him on the defense and stopped the creepy behavior.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:51 pm 
Policy Wonk

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
:arrow: In response to Hillary's new book.......FUCK YOU HILLARY!!! She needs to just stop the blaming. Every time she opens her mouth during this book tour she finds something or someone else to blame for her not winning the White House. While I don't deny she has the right to state her feelings about losing to Donald friggin' Trump, she doesn't have a right to revisionist history. And that I'm afraid is what we're getting from this book?~

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:54 am 
Policy Wonk

Donna Brazile: Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC

Before I called Bernie Sanders, I lit a candle in my living room and put on some gospel music. I wanted to center myself for what I knew would be an emotional phone call.

http://newsok.com/article/5570514

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

Donna Brazile: Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC

Before I called Bernie Sanders, I lit a candle in my living room and put on some gospel music. I wanted to center myself for what I knew would be an emotional phone call.

http://newsok.com/article/5570514

:lol:

I wonder what gospel music she put on.

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

:lol:

I wonder what gospel music she put on.

My first thought, too.

What might you choose?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:57 am 
Policy Wonk

maybe this

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

maybe this

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Maybe.

First song in my head was Dizzy getting ziggy with "Swing Low Sweet Cadillac."

From there, it just gets worse: Judy Garland in blackface singing "Swing Low Sweet Chariot."

Molambo, yo mommo, and yo poppa, too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:24 pm 
Policy Wonk

Case Dismissed.

Federal judge tosses suit, says FBI did all it could on Clinton emails

A federal judge tossed a lawsuit Thursday that would have pushed the State Department and FBI to do more to try to track down Hillary Clinton’s emails, ruling the government has done all it reasonably could to locate the former secretary of state’s messages.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... on-emails/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 835 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34