RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 835 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:55 am 
Board Emeritus

I can't believe I forgot this one :rw)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

Clinton calls out republican governors for disenfranchising their constituents on voting.

"What part of democracy are they afraid of?"

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

Clinton calls out republican governors for disenfranchising their constituents on voting.

"What part of democracy are they afraid of?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:28 pm 
Policy Wonk

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
I can't believe I forgot this one :rw)

:arrow: I try to forget Hillary Clinton every chance I get......lol..... :rofl:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

:arrow: I try to forget Hillary Clinton every chance I get......lol..... :rofl:

She'll be harder and harder to forget as the campaign season goes into full swing. When she goes on the attack of Sanders, you know things are heating up. Remember this?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:29 am 
Policy Wonk

:arrow: And Bernie will "kill her with kindness", she will be going non-stop attacking Bernie, even though her campaign right now is saying they are basically not paying any attention to Bernie, much like she did to Barack Obama. Bernie will just be going around the country attracting more people to his cause, events and rallies, speaking to the issues he cares about, while Hillary panders and shows people what she is truly like. Every time I turn around Hillary does something else that completely turns me off. So I don't think it's going to get harder not to like her.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:43 am 
Board Emeritus

Here's the latest scandal. This is the type of shit Sanders complains about the media of doing. Rather than focus on substantive issues, we get shit like this...

Quote:
Campaign aides for Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton on Saturday roped off reporters from the candidate as she walked and talked with potential voters during a July Fourth parade in New Hampshire, sparking frustration from the press corps and outrage from the state Republican Party.

“Hillary Clinton continues to demonstrate her obvious contempt and disdain for the Granite State’s style of grassroots campaigning,” New Hampshire Republican State Committee Chairman Jennifer Horn said in a statement. “The use of a rope line at a New Hampshire parade is a sad joke and insults the traditions of our first-in-the-nation primary.”

Reporters were reportedly allowed to get close to Clinton but were later herded away by campaign aides concerned about crowd control.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07 ... re-parade/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

That Republican Jennifer Horn did not make a lick of sense. Said Hillary showed contempt and disdain for the Granite State’s style of grassroots campaigning.

When I think about the effect roping those reporters away from the people and Hillary would have: It would allow people and Hillary to talk like humans could and should.

It's a cinch if those reporter were allowed in there had the rope line not been erected those reporters would have been pushed to the front and would have been shouting questions. As result they would have pushed the grassroots people away from Hillary. No grassroots campaigning would have occurred.

As it happened grassroots campaigning did occur as a result of that rope line being in place.

That Republican Horn, THAT BULLHORN, receives one of my coveted Projectionist awards.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:42 pm 
Policy Wonk

Here's the latest scandal. This is the type of shit Sanders complains about the media of doing. Rather than focus on substantive issues, we get shit like this...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07 ... re-parade/

:arrow: While I am not one to defend the media on a great many things and I am not now, I would not call this a scandal really, what I would call it is an "optic fail" on Hillary Clinton's part. It did look pretty bad, I must admit. It's also not her campaign's job to do crowd control at a parade that she's not putting on.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

Clinton's got some big donors of the Wall St. kind.

Quote:
The candidate’s populist rhetoric didn’t dissuade many managers from supporting her. They include Frank Brosens, co-founder of Taconic Capital Advisors, Mitchell Julis, co-founder Canyon Partners, David Shaw, the billionaire founder of D.E. Shaw & Co., BlueMountain Capital Management Managing Partner James Staley, Jake Gottlieb, who runs Visum Asset Management, and Richard Perry, who heads Perry Capital.

Hedge Fund Titans Choosing Hillary Clinton Over Top Republicans

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
In addition to Wall Street and the fossil fuel industry, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is turning to lobbyists for the two biggest private prison companies in the country, Corrections Corporation of America and the GEO Group, to raise money for her 2016 presidential candidacy.

Lee Fang of The Intercept made the discovery after examining Clinton's list of lobbyists who are bundlers for her presidential bid, released last week. Bundlers are people who raise money for campaigns by organizing and collecting contributions from other donors.

Among those funneling money into Clinton's campaign are:

Richard Sullivan of the firm Capitol Counsel, documented lobbyist for GEO Group.
Five employees of lobbying and law firm Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, which received $240,000 from CCA last year.
"Akin Gump lobbyist and Clinton bundler Brian Popper disclosed that he previously helped CCA defeat efforts to compel private prisons to respond to Freedom of Information Act requests," noted Fang.

:roll: http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/0 ... -lobbyists

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:03 am 
Board Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:46 am 
Board Emeritus

And by god I'm going to vote for her enthusiastically despite all of this if she wins the nomination.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:30 am 
Board Emeritus

And by god I'm going to vote for her enthusiastically despite all of this if she wins the nomination.
If she's the candidate, I'll vote for her. Might not be happy about it. But she'll get my vote.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Same here, if she's the nominee I'll vote for her because she's the less of the two evils. I'd rather have Bernie Sanders as the nominee but I don't think he'll win but I'll vote for him in the primary.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

Same here, if she's the nominee I'll vote for her because she's the less of the two evils. I'd rather have Bernie Sanders as the nominee but I don't think he'll win but I'll vote for him in the primary.

Yup, me too. I did the same when Kucinich ran in '04.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:22 am 
Board Emeritus

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

Gurlll :rw)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:04 am 
Policy Wonk

:arrow: I am getting sick and tired of people who are obviously Hillary Clinton supporters continuously asking Bernie Sanders supporters what they would do if he didn't get the nomination. What would Hillary supporters do? I remember the same questions being asked by the same Hillary supporters 8 years ago when Barack Obama was bringing in huge crowds. And when Obama got the nomination how freaking angry the Hillary supporters were, they even gave it a name (P.U.M.A., Party Unity My Ass), and they even threatened to vote for John McCain...ew they were so angry!! So I guess these Hillary supporters have already told us what they would do 8 yrs ago. So now I will tell you, this question, "who will you vote for if Bernie doesn't get the nomination?" is a pretty obnoxious one because none of us really knows who the nominee is going to be. Choosing our candidates within the Party is the normal, healthy thing to do, it's why we have primaries. Nobody has to tell anyone how they are going to vote in the general election, let's get past the primaries first! Oh, yeah! one more thing, if Hillary is so inevitable and the Anointed One, then how I vote or not shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited by IliseHD on Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

:arrow: I am getting sick and tired of people who are obviously Hillary Clinton supporters continuously asking Bernie Sanders supporters what they would do if he didn't get the nomination. What would Hillary supporters do? I remember the same questions being asked by the same Hillary supporters 8 years ago when Barack Obama was bringing in huge crowds. And when Obama got the nomination how freaking angry the Hillary supporters were, they even gave it a name (P.U.M.A., Party Unity My Ass), and they even threatened to vote for John McCain...ew they were so angry!! So I guess these Hillary supporters have already told us what they would do 8 yrs ago. So now I will tell you, this question, "who will you vote for if Bernie doesn't get the nomination?" is a pretty obnoxious one because none of us really knows who the nominee is going to be. Choosing our candidates within the Party is the normal, healthy thing to do, it's why we have primaries. Nobody has to tell anyone how they are going to vote in the general election, let's get past the primaries first! Oh, yeah! one more thing, if Hillary is so inevitable and the Anointed One, then how I vote or not shouldn't be an issue.
I didn't pull that crap. I was a Hillary supporter. But when Obama got the nomination, I fully supported him. No PUMA for me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

I didn't pull that crap. I was a Hillary supporter. But when Obama got the nomination, I fully supported him. No PUMA for me.

I was an Edwards supporter in 2008 and after it was disclosed about his affair I dropped him. I thought Clinton was going to win over Obama, Edwards, Biden, etc., but I went with Obama. Had Clinton won, I would have supported her.

I have no problems with Clinton, Sanders, or Biden being our nominee but as of now I plan to vote for Sanders in the California primary and whoever gets the nomination I'll support them because having any of these republicans being president isn't acceptable to me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

I was an Edwards supporter in 2008 and after it was disclosed about his affair I dropped him. I thought Clinton was going to win over Obama, Edwards, Biden, etc., but I went with Obama. Had Clinton won, I would have supported her.

I have no problems with Clinton, Sanders, or Biden being our nominee but as of now I plan to vote for Sanders in the California primary and whoever gets the nomination I'll support them because having any of these republicans being president isn't acceptable to me.
I liked Edwards too. But when it came out, buh bye.

IMHO, she's not running. Compared to her run in '08, this outing is a disappointment. She's got no fire. And skipping the 'soap box' at the Iowa fair wasn't good.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:45 pm 
Policy Wonk

:arrow: Not saying you persay, but there were many 2007-08 Hillary supporters who were PUMA. In fact there were at least two of them on the former ESSMB back them, one of which was subsequently banned from the board for being totally obnoxious and rude.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:41 am 
Board Emeritus

Here's an example of what IliseHD was talking about:

I just hope to god we don't get a repeat of this. Sure, I'll support, or rather vote for, Clinton if she is the nominee but I want Sanders. Gender has nothing to do with it and I think people like the woman in the video who are so focused on gender aren't really interested in policy and substance. They are like the wing nuts who vote republican because of their silly notions about the bible.

I started off supporting Kucinich and then switched to Barack Obama when he got closer to being the frontrunner and the nominee.

funny side note: my spell checker wants to change Kucinich to spinach

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:57 am 
Board Emeritus

Speaking of Edwards.. guess what I just found? Buried in the bottom of a box was a Kerry/Edwards button. :rw)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 835 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next