RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 835 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:18 pm 
Banned

Michael Moore Explains Trump's Appeal Like Only He Can (but the analysis is 50% about hellary)

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Damn! Kudos to Moore for telling it like it is! :clap: Working class people are tired of promises to fix things by self serving politicians on both sides all these years. Rust belt moniker has fittingly been around for years and nothing has come from career politicians except lip service come election time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

Working class people

Lol since when do you care about working class people? In between bragging about your money and things?

Quote:
are tired of promises to fix things by self serving politicians on both sides

"If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband, what makes her think she can satisfy America?”

Big Daddy promises you he's gonna build you a wall.

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:20 am 
Banned

Lol since when do you care about working class people? In between bragging about your money and things?

"If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband, what makes her think she can satisfy America?”

Big Daddy promises you he's gonna build you a wall.

You don't like Moore correctly calling out both self serving sides I can see. :rw)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:22 am 
Board Emeritus

You don't like Moore correctly calling out both self serving sides I can see. :rw)

"Does she have a good body? No. Does she have a fat ass? Absolutely."

cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:23 am 
Board Emeritus

Only a stunted, simple, black and white thinking mind belives there are just two sides to any issue.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:59 am 
Board Emeritus

Trump isn't for working class people. Are you fucking kidding? Do you even follow who Trump is Scout? I get the feeling you don't know shit about Trump.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:11 am 
Board Emeritus

Trump isn't for working class people. Are you fucking kidding? Do you even follow who Trump is Scout? I get the feeling you don't know shit about Trump.

Well, neither are people like Scout, a new-money braggart with something to prove.

Sounds familiar.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:08 am 
Board Emeritus

Wait, which one of you cons went on and on recently with bogus links trying to prove Moore is a liar? That was Glen I take it, not you, had you been in THAT thread you would have chimed in though...so you use Moore when you can , sounds like a hypocrite to me.

Yes most Americans are tired of a system that doesnt work for them anymore, and the smart ones know the cons exist to make it worse, the dems exist to either make it better or status quo...one side is far better for survival than the other...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

What I really like is what Mike says here:

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/10/26/t ... hilarious/

First of all, I make it very clear: I wrote a chapter in my very first book 20 years ago [1996’s Downsize This!] called “My Forbidden Love for Hillary.” There’s nothing to come around on. I was for Hillary before Hillary was for Hillary. I didn’t go to convert Trump people. I did not want the racists or the crazies in there or we would have never gotten the show done. But we went to union halls and guys that I grew up with — people who normally vote Democrat who are thinking of voting for Trump. That is a huge chunk of the population, especially where I’m from. So I wasn’t there so much to convert them away. I don’t think a lot of them necessarily decided for sure that they were going to vote for him. But I want them to think about the damage they could do by being a legal terrorist on November 8th.

[snip]

[Voting for Trump will feel good] for a day. Maybe a week. Possibly a month. And then. Like the Brits, who wanted to send a message, so they voted to leave Europe only to find out that if you vote to leave Europe you, actually have to leave Europe. And now they regret it. All the Ohioans, Pennsylvanians, Michiganders and Wisconsinites of Middle England, right, they all voted to leave and now they regret it.

And over 4 million of them signed a petition to have a do-over, they want another election, but It’s not going to happen. Because you used the ballot as an anger management tool. And now you’re fucked. And the rest of Europe. They’re like, Bye Felicia. So when the rightfully angry people of Ohio and Michigan and Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin find out after a few months in office that President Trump wasn’t going to do a damn thing for them, it will be too late to do anything about it.

But I get it. You wanted to send a message. You had righteous anger. And justifiable anger. Well, message sent. Goodnight America. You’ve just elected the last president of the United States.

[snip][end]

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/richar ... ry-clinton

Moore’s final rhetorical stroke is to add that the lifetime of struggle that Hillary has faced (and he cites the struggles of Pope Francis as a comparison) has left her bitterly resentful of the status quo, profoundly progressive in temperament, deeply intent on making decisive changes when, finally, she realizes her lifelong goal of being in a position to make them. In effect, Moore presents a Hillary Clinton whose progressivism arises from no mere butterfly idealism but from hard-won experience in the best American tradition.

[snip][end]

I think it would be dishonest to claim Moore sees both parties, or candidates, as equally self-serving.

Did he prefer Bernie to Hillary? Sure, he did. But unlike some other folks, he gets where we are now and the danger Trump represents to the country, even if he has become a focal point for some justified rage.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:36 am 
Board Emeritus

Here's a powerful endorsement.

Don't mess with the J Lo Vote. :D

(She held a concert for her last night in Bayfront Park. No, I didn't go.)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:47 pm 
Policy Wonk

https://www.facebook.com/moveon/videos/vb.7292655492/10153841837415493/?type=2&theater

Alicia Keys Vote Love

http://www.freep.com/story/opinion/editorials/2016/10/30/free-press-endorsement-hillary-clinton-accomplished-mature-choice/92890252/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:04 am 
Banned

Here's a powerful endorsement.

Don't mess with the J Lo Vote. :D

(She held a concert for her last night in Bayfront Park. No, I didn't go.)
Jennifer still looks good, Hills not so much. Like I have said before silly stars, athletes....etc don't influence who I vote for regardless of who they choose to endorse.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:39 am 
Board Emeritus

I was being facetious. I don't really care about celebrity endorsements either.

As to whether the endorsements of 'serious' people (like newspapers or politicians or activists) do or don't count (I'm talking about with the electorate as a whole) -- well, Nate Silver has some interesting perspectives on it. Worth reading.

As David Duchovny once said, with wry honesty, he never gets why people ask him his political opinion; he doesn't think, as an actor, his is any more insightful than anybody else's.

That said, I respect actors who really do get engaged with the issues, and understand them, and then advocate from that basis - using their celebrity as a projection platform - Matt Damon and George Clooney come to mind.

But no, there are a lot of famous people who make very dumb endorsements, where to begin ... Scott Baio, for starters.

Oh and one more thing ... she's not running for supermodel and she's 69 years old. Her appearance has nothing to do with anything. I don't care if her opponent thinks she lacks the "stamina" to do the job - in that regard, I only "GAS" what an actual physician thinks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

so, at the grocery checkout waiting in line and the news rags are all full covers of
HRC doing some thing wrong!

not one of them....not one of those rag papers had babydon or ANY of the Many sexual
charges against him.
not the women accusing and not him. just HRC.

HRC is the only one on the covers of the rag mags.
who owns the rag mags that stare at people in the checkouts....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think it's been well documented that Donald a) reads the National Enquirer and b) has ties to its publishers.

Then there's c) he seems to get some nonsense conspiracy theories from it.

Tabloid man has ties to the tabloids. Shocking.

People say no newspaper has endorsed him. Not true.

Just not any that should be taken seriously. :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

so, at the grocery checkout waiting in line and the news rags are all full covers of
HRC doing some thing wrong!

not one of them....not one of those rag papers had babydon or ANY of the Many sexual
charges against him.
not the women accusing and not him. just HRC.

HRC is the only one on the covers of the rag mags.
who owns the rag mags that stare at people in the checkouts....

The bad news is you are still living were supermarkets are putting up the tabloid wall around their checkstands. The good news is most of the supermarkets in California have knocked that crap off. They are gone.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:55 am 
Policy Wonk

The tabloids aren't interested in posting stories about Trump because his actual activity is so bizarre that it would be redundant.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:58 am 
Board Emeritus

The tabloids aren't interested in posting stories about Trump because his actual activity is so bizarre that it would be redundant.

:lol:

Plus, why bother when you have idiots like Scammity trying to legitimize "news" organizations like the National Enquirer?

As if propaganda-drunk conservatives couldn't possibly dumb-down this election any further. :problem: :lol:

Stupid bigots

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:28 pm 

this is what you get when your Dem pres appoints neocons! comey should be fired, this 2nd part is a witch hunt. (but all of this wouldn't be an issue if bernie wasn't cheated out of the nominee). comey should be using our hard earned tax money to investigate "Armed Fake Protester Planted By Oil Company"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

(but all of this wouldn't be an issue if bernie wasn't cheated out of the nominee).

He wasn't cheated, he lost.

ICYMI, he now fully supports the nominee.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

Waste of time, Bernie could stand in front of freshwater and SCREAM at him that he lost fair and square, he wont care, not unlike Trump follower who could watch video of Trump raping someone and not care.

The similarity is they both hate Clinton, from different angles, using the same lies about Clinton.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

I like Bernie.

I supported Bernie in the primary.

I voted for Bernie in the primary.

Clinton won fair and square.

Bernie supports Clinton.

For those who can't face the fact Bernie lost fair and square, GROW UP and face reality. We have a candidate Bernie is supporting versus a candidate who is one step from being in an institution where the rooms are padded and the occupants are medicated to the point of being comatose.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

If common sense prevailed in America, how many senate and house seats would be occupied by a republican?

The answer is zero, because as far as I know there is not a single state or congressional district where 51% of its constituents are millionaires. That is the ONLY credible reason for a republican representative, it is a BAD and greedy reason, but at least it makes sense if you are greedy.

The beauty of no republicans is it would force a new 2nd party of actual left liberals like myself.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:42 pm 
Policy Wonk

From Sam Wang

Latest numbers on Hillary winning the presidency.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 835 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next