RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 836 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Speaking of Edwards.. guess what I just found? Buried in the bottom of a box was a Kerry/Edwards button. :rw)

I have one of those---and a t-shirt. I recently tore it up for rags.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
Hillary Clinton’s email problem is a “drip,drip,drip” that just won’t stop. On Monday, it turned into a steady trickle.
As the Democratic front-runner tried to shift attention to policy issues and the retail politics of Iowa, a series of developments in court and on Capitol Hill showed that Clinton’s email saga is unlikely to end soon.
Story Continued Below
A federal judge on Monday scheduled a hearing for later this week to discuss whether the State Department has ensured the retrieval of all official records Clinton, the former secretary of state, and her top aides held on personal email accounts or devices. This came after a lawyer for the technology firm that maintained Clinton’s private server after she left office held out the prospect that at least some of the data is likely preserved on a backup server.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/h ... z3jCe62vrg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
“I won’t get down in the mud with them. I won’t play politics with national security or dishonor the memory of those we lost. I won’t pretend this is anything other than what it is: the same old partisan games we’ve seen so many times before. I don’t care how many super PACs and Republicans pile on. I’ve been fighting for families and underdogs my entire life and I’m not going to stop now.”

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/08/1 ... VE-Hillary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

I have one of those---and a t-shirt. I recently tore it up for rags.
I'll keep it. Who knows, it might be worth money when I'm old and grey.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

:lol:

Hillary Clinton's Meeting With Black Lives Matter Activists - Nightly Show, Comedy Central

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

I know one thing, if she doesn't pull her head out of her ass, say hello to President Trump.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
Here's an example of what IliseHD was talking about:

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

I just hope to god we don't get a repeat of this. Sure, I'll support, or rather vote for, Clinton if she is the nominee but I want Sanders. Gender has nothing to do with it and I think people like the woman in the video who are so focused on gender aren't really interested in policy and substance. They are like the wing nuts who vote republican because of their silly notions about the bible.

I started off supporting Kucinich and then switched to Barack Obama when he got closer to being the frontrunner and the nominee.

funny side note: my spell checker wants to change Kucinich to spinach

:arrow: Here's another example:

And I hope it doesn't happen again, but from what I am seeing on Facebook, twitter and other social media places, it looks like it might~

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

Speaking of Edwards.. guess what I just found? Buried in the bottom of a box was a Kerry/Edwards button. :rw)

I still have a Pat Paulsen for President bumper sticker. Does that count?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

I still have a Pat Paulsen for President bumper sticker. Does that count?

Never know. BTW, I had to look him up.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

I remember Pat Paulson!

That sticker could be worth something.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

Come on Hillary! Where's that fire you had back in '08? Was lucky back then. She was here and P and I went to see her. She had the fire back then. Now? She's acting like she doesn't want to win. She's doing no big venues. She skipped the soapbox at the Iowa State Fair.

Damn it Hillary, FIGHT!

edited for fat fingers.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

Come on Hillary! Where's that fire you had back in '08? Was lucky back then. She was here and P and I went to see her. She had the fire back then. Now? She's acting like she doesn't want to win. She's doing no big venues. She skipped the soapbox at the Iowa State Fair.

Damn it Hillary, FIGHT!

edited for fat fingers.

:arrow: I believe it's that ole inevitability factor that's gotten her again. This time it is being more pronounced by the corporate media who is now pronouncing that the issue with the private server and the emails doesn't seem to be affecting her candidacy any because she still has a double-digit lead. That being said Bernie Sanders is nipping at her heels much like Barack Obama did and at a much quicker pace. I am feeling that she thinks she is going to be the nominee anyway and she doesn't have to work for it. This is the feeling I get much like I did back in 2008, which is why I could never vote for her. She running a contemptuous campaign, taking advantage of the voters assuming we will all vote for her...she couldn't be more wrong!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:44 am 
Board Emeritus

4 State Parties Sign Fund-Raising Pacts With Clinton Campaign

Hillary Rodham Clinton’s campaign has received commitments from four Democratic state parties, including in the crucial proving ground of New Hampshire, to enter joint fund-raising agreements with the campaign just as the nomination battle is beginning.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-d ... aign/?_r=1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:28 am 
Board Emeritus

4 State Parties Sign Fund-Raising Pacts With Clinton Campaign

Hillary Rodham Clinton’s campaign has received commitments from four Democratic state parties, including in the crucial proving ground of New Hampshire, to enter joint fund-raising agreements with the campaign just as the nomination battle is beginning.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-d ... aign/?_r=1

:arrow: I saw this report, and I just had to shake my head at it! It's not enough that Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Clinton's former campaign manager for the state of Florida in 2007-08 is the chair of the DNC and wants to do whatever she can to give her friend an easier path to the nomination, now the campaign is attempting to soak up as much "oxygen" as she can from the various state Parties before there is even one vote cast! This really doesn't look very good, and I don't know if it is even the usual practice, but there are four other candidates vying for the nomination too!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:57 am 
Board Emeritus

I never forgot or got over how she and John Edwards schemed to get Dennis Kucinich out of the debates and it worked. Howard Dean was party chair then.

Some things never change. Hopefully the entire RNC feels the bern this time. When you silence candidates like Kucinich or Sanders, you also silence a growing majority of the American populace.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:25 am 
Board Emeritus

I never forgot or got over how she and John Edwards schemed to get Dennis Kucinich out of the debates and it worked. Howard Dean was party chair then.

Some things never change. Hopefully the entire RNC feels the bern this time. When you silence candidates like Kucinich or Sanders, you also silence a growing majority of the American populace.

:arrow: You hit the nail on the head Rita! I do fault Howard Dean for allowing that to happen to Dennis Kucinich, whom I thought had a great message and was a serious guy who deserved respect. Howard Dean also had a great strategy with his 50-State Strategy, which worked because the Democratic Party was able to capture the majority in Congress. We haven't seen that with Debbie Wasserman Schultz. The Party elites need to remain non-partial in primaries and caucuses, or if they can't then they should not be part of the National Committee leadership, simple as that.

Last edited by IliseHD on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:40 am 
Board Emeritus

What they did to Kucinich pissed me off. Can't recall which time he was on the primary ballot here. I did vote for him in the primary.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:31 am 
Board Emeritus

:arrow: Hillary tried to create a diversion yesterday by referring to Republicans running for POTUS who want to deny women healthcare by defunding Planned Parenthood as a "terrorist group". “Now extreme views on women, we expect that from some of the terrorist groups, we expect that from people who don’t want to live in the modern world, but it’s a little hard to take coming from Republicans who want to be the president of the United States.” is what she said on the campaign trail in OH.

With the constant drip...drip...drip of the email scandal continuing almost daily she did what she always does, becomes provocative to hopefully change the subject (if only for a day), instead of dealing with and issue that will dog her campaign for quite sometime. She should have been more forceful in dealing with the private server, email issue, instead of just hoping it will go away, treating it as a non-issue to them. When over 60% believe that Hillary is a "liar" and not trustworthy it is mindboggling that she is behaving the way she is. Of course this issue of defunding Planned Parenthood, effectively denying low-income women access to healthcare is an important issue and women's issues need to be discussed openly on the campaign trail, but Hillary....why does she continue to do the things the way she does, that have the opposite effect than what she intended?

Hillary Clinton Compares Anti-Abortion Republicans To Terrorists

In a speech in Cleveland, Ohio on Thursday, Hillary Clinton issued her strongest defense yet of a woman’s access to reproductive health care including abortions. After calling out former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, and Ohio Gov. John Kasich by name for their campaign promises to ban all abortions with no exceptions for rape, incest or the life of the mother, Clinton continued: “Now extreme views on women, we expect that from some of the terrorist groups, we expect that from people who don’t want to live in the modern world, but it’s a little hard to take coming from Republicans who want to be the president of the United States.” Telling the cheering crowd, “We are going forward; we are not going back,” Clinton then challenged her Republican opponents who’ve been calling for defunding Planned Parenthood to look in the eye the Americans that depend on their cancer screening and birth control services.

GOP candidates and spokespeople have already begun slamming Clinton for her remarks, and demanding an apology. Minutes after the speech, Jeb Bush wrote on Twitter that Clinton’s “priorities are totally wrong” because she “compares pro-life Americans to terrorists.” Though Clinton has spoken repeatedly during her campaign in defense of Planned Parenthood and reproductive rights, Thursday’s comments present her strongest language yet on the topic. Clinton has been criticized in the past by reproductive rights advocates for referring to abortion as “tragic” and supporting a ban on some late term procedures.

But in this campaign cycle, the ire of activists has been reserved for Republican candidates, who have staked out positions on abortion that are farther to the right than any major presidential nominee in recent history. When Scott Walker refused to answer in the first GOP debate if he would rather let a woman die than allow her to have an abortion, he took a position more extreme than past party nominees Mitt Romney, John McCain, George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, and Barry Goldwater. Those candidates and the larger party have traditionally supported allowing abortions in cases of rape, incest, or threats to the life of the mother. The current Republican candidates’ positions are not only out of line with that history, but out of line with public opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:59 am 
Board Emeritus

Minutes after the speech, Jeb Bush wrote on Twitter that Clinton’s “priorities are totally wrong” because she “compares pro-life Americans to terrorists.”

Some are. The ones murdering doctors, blowing up or vandalizing clinics -- yep.

Even the ones engaging in the more passive-aggressive tactics of surveilling, stalking, publicizing the addresses, and harassing women who use them. Or the physicians who work there. May not be direct violence, but sure seems to indirectly facilitate those who would go further.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:32 am 
Board Emeritus

Some are. The ones murdering doctors, blowing up or vandalizing clinics -- yep.

Even the ones engaging in the more passive-aggressive tactics of surveilling, stalking, publicizing the addresses, and harassing women who use them. Or the physicians who work there. May not be direct violence, but sure seems to indirectly facilitate those who would go further.

:arrow: I posted that very same thing on twitter and it was retweeted about a dozen times...the most I have ever gotten! Given that, the point being is that Hillary gets provocative with her statements on the campaign trail when there is pressure on her she'd like to avoid rather than face, nip in the bad and move on. Instead we have this constant drip...drip...drip. She should know better how to deal with these situations I would have thought?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

:arrow: Hillary tried to create a diversion yesterday by referring to Republicans running for POTUS who want to deny women healthcare by defunding Planned Parenthood as a "terrorist group". “Now extreme views on women, we expect that from some of the terrorist groups, we expect that from people who don’t want to live in the modern world, but it’s a little hard to take coming from Republicans who want to be the president of the United States.” is what she said on the campaign trail in OH.

With the constant drip...drip...drip of the email scandal continuing almost daily she did what she always does, becomes provocative to hopefully change the subject (if only for a day), instead of dealing with and issue that will dog her campaign for quite sometime. She should have been more forceful in dealing with the private server, email issue, instead of just hoping it will go away, treating it as a non-issue to them. When over 60% believe that Hillary is a "liar" and not trustworthy it is mindboggling that she is behaving the way she is. Of course this issue of defunding Planned Parenthood, effectively denying low-income women access to healthcare is an important issue and women's issues need to be discussed openly on the campaign trail, but Hillary....why does she continue to do the things the way she does, that have the opposite effect than what she intended?

Hillary Clinton Compares Anti-Abortion Republicans To Terrorists

In a speech in Cleveland, Ohio on Thursday, Hillary Clinton issued her strongest defense yet of a woman’s access to reproductive health care including abortions. After calling out former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, and Ohio Gov. John Kasich by name for their campaign promises to ban all abortions with no exceptions for rape, incest or the life of the mother, Clinton continued: “Now extreme views on women, we expect that from some of the terrorist groups, we expect that from people who don’t want to live in the modern world, but it’s a little hard to take coming from Republicans who want to be the president of the United States.” Telling the cheering crowd, “We are going forward; we are not going back,” Clinton then challenged her Republican opponents who’ve been calling for defunding Planned Parenthood to look in the eye the Americans that depend on their cancer screening and birth control services.

GOP candidates and spokespeople have already begun slamming Clinton for her remarks, and demanding an apology. Minutes after the speech, Jeb Bush wrote on Twitter that Clinton’s “priorities are totally wrong” because she “compares pro-life Americans to terrorists.” Though Clinton has spoken repeatedly during her campaign in defense of Planned Parenthood and reproductive rights, Thursday’s comments present her strongest language yet on the topic. Clinton has been criticized in the past by reproductive rights advocates for referring to abortion as “tragic” and supporting a ban on some late term procedures.

But in this campaign cycle, the ire of activists has been reserved for Republican candidates, who have staked out positions on abortion that are farther to the right than any major presidential nominee in recent history. When Scott Walker refused to answer in the first GOP debate if he would rather let a woman die than allow her to have an abortion, he took a position more extreme than past party nominees Mitt Romney, John McCain, George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, and Barry Goldwater. Those candidates and the larger party have traditionally supported allowing abortions in cases of rape, incest, or threats to the life of the mother. The current Republican candidates’ positions are not only out of line with that history, but out of line with public opinion.

I hear terrorists are complaining about her comments because they don't want to be listed on the same level as republicans. :rw)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

Some people take statements like that as literal. When it's not. I understand what she meant with that statement.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

:arrow: I guess when Republicans make Hitler references then it's okay? Not! I do believe as well that Hillary's comments in reference to how Republicans are when it comes to reproductive rights and women's health care is exactly how they are!! The problem I have and I'll say it again, seems more like a diversion than a slam at Republicans or a policy remark a campaign often throws out there. She tossed it out as red meat to the media who seem to want to talk about nothing but private servers and email. It did work, but I don't think she wanted it to be the media talking about the Republicans response, which will not last and it will be back to private server and email drip...drip...drip...TURN OFF THE FAUCET, HILLARY, ONCE AND FOR AL!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

Clinton Camp Says One-Fifth of Delegates Secured for Nomination

As Hillary Clinton's campaign seeks to project dominance in a field that could soon include Vice President Joe Biden, her top advisers are touting a decisive edge on a little-discussed metric: superdelegate commitments.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/artic ... nomination

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

Got an email from her campaign asking for money. I have no money to give. I did however go to her website and did place a message for her. To wit.......

Where's the fire? You had it back in '08. You were here and my friend and I went to see you.

This time you've let a lot of us down. You have to do something so that the media will cover what you're doing. Right now it's wall to wall coverage of Trump. All you're getting is a blip.

Quit doing such small venues. You have to pull supporters into larger venues. Otherwise, you will lose their support. I'm really discouraged this time round.

Fight damn it, fight. Your message isn't getting out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 836 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next