RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 836 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
Clinton Camp Says One-Fifth of Delegates Secured for Nomination

As Hillary Clinton's campaign seeks to project dominance in a field that could soon include Vice President Joe Biden, her top advisers are touting a decisive edge on a little-discussed metric: superdelegate commitments.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/artic ... nomination

:arrow: Any delegate or superdelegate that has already announced who they were supporting even while the primary season is still going on and there hasn't been even a first debate yet really is insulting the Democratic base. Not all of us are diehard fans of Hillary, so if this is a tactic it is a bad one,. If the idea is to rile up the base she succeeded in doing so because her poll numbers are going down.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think the "inevitability" of Clinton is largely a false narrative. Clinton was supposedly a shoe-in in 2007/8 as well. Those new word association polls and the increasingly negative image of Hillary is....what? Just supposed to go away between now and the election? Rightfully or wrongfully, the email "scandal" has had a negative effect on the Clinton campaign.

Obviously a lot can happen between now and the primaries even; but unless I'm horribly more biased towards Bernie than I'm self-aware of.....hasn't Hillary always kind of had this image problem on some level?

I cite as evidence:
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... rty/n12185

"she's a witch."

In all seriousness, Hillary is a very deft politician. But she is a politician (with the most negative associations of that word). And yes, historically it's not that strange that the outside candidates surge early in the process. But Hillary did lose before.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think the "inevitability" of Clinton is largely a false narrative. Clinton was supposedly a shoe-in in 2007/8 as well. Those new word association polls and the increasingly negative image of Hillary is....what? Just supposed to go away between now and the election? Rightfully or wrongfully, the email "scandal" has had a negative effect on the Clinton campaign.

Obviously a lot can happen between now and the primaries even; but unless I'm horribly more biased towards Bernie than I'm self-aware of.....hasn't Hillary always kind of had this image problem on some level?

I cite as evidence:

"she's a witch."

In all seriousness, Hillary is a very deft politician. But she is a politician (with the most negative associations of that word). And yes, historically it's not that strange that the outside candidates surge early in the process. But Hillary did lose before.

:arrow: Any word narrative whether negative or otherwise, or false or not, is of Hillary's own making. As I have said before, Hillary is her own worst enemy, and she just hasn't figured that out yet. Because of that these word narratives will continue because of her actions in dealing with them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Top Puerto Rican politician backs Clinton

(CNN) -
Ahead of her first trip to Puerto Rico on Friday, Hillary Clinton won the support of one of the most prominent Puerto Rican politicians in the United States.

http://www.kspr.com/news/politics/top-p ... 6_35060234

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

I cite as evidence:

"she's a witch."

:arrow: I don't think Hillary is as good a campaigner as some would have us believe. She lets negative coverage hang out there with a constant drip...drip...drip...instead of getting after it quickly. One would think she would have learned how to deal with this stuff already. It's not like she hasn't gotten bad press before? She's also going after delegates and superdelegates like she did in 2008 seemingly making them her main focus like she did in 2008 at the expense of the voter. Then she wants to hold these people to their expressed support by announcing it to the media. That seems kinda underhanded to me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Clinton addresses the counties in Alabama that are predominantly African-America that are closing DMV offices, which will make it harder for the poor and disenfranchised to obtain I.D.'s in order to vote. This comes on the heels of the state's new restrictive laws requiring ID to vote.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

New Hillary commentary: :-D

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/i-am-fun-51731

Quote:
I am fun.

I enjoy fun. I both have fun and can be fun. Fun is a word that accurately describes me and a large quantity of things of which I am fond. I appreciate fun when I encounter it, and I have even been known to partake in activities that produce fun for myself and others. Fun is something I often have when amongst a group of people. In such situations, I am capable of amusing others and, in turn, of being amused by them.

Thus, I am a fun person.

Perhaps it would be helpful for me to provide an example of a fun thing I do. I take part in levity. I enjoy jokes, which are fun. When the occasion presents itself, I have been known to make jokes of my own, thereby creating fun for those around me. This is because, like many other people I encounter, I have a sense of humor. A sense of humor is crucial to having fun and to being fun. When situations are humorous, I signal my recognition of the fun by laughing, just as you do. Just as most people do.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yep this is her behind the scenes cheering squad.

Television News Network Lobbyists Are Fundraising for Hillary Clinton

Over the last two presidential debates, both Democratic and Republican candidates have asserted that the television news media is biased and has done a poor job informing voters of the most pressing issues in the election.

https://theintercept.com/2015/10/29/med ... 1#comments

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:45 am 
Board Emeritus

I repeat "The Fix Is In"

De Blasio endorses Hillary Rodham Clinton

NEW YORK (WABC) --

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has finally made it official: He's endorsed Hillary Rodham Clinton for president.

http://abc7ny.com/politics/de-blasio-en ... n/1059023/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:46 am 
Board Emeritus

:roll: The primaries are still many months away! It's like the establishment is already picking the nominee for us. But then again, don't they always?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

I repeat "The Fix Is In"

De Blasio endorses Hillary Rodham Clinton

NEW YORK (WABC) --

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has finally made it official: He's endorsed Hillary Rodham Clinton for president.

http://abc7ny.com/politics/de-blasio-en ... n/1059023/

:arrow: I'm really not surprised by this endorsement. De Blasio was always in Hillary's camp ever since she was a US Senator from New York. I just question the timing, why all the suspense? I't's not like those of us who don't support Hillary needed another reason not to like her. I also noticed how an overwhelming majority of those who have come out to endorse Hillary have used the same talking points, as if the campaign wrote the words for them. Then when they are questioned about their "ringing endorsement" they get somewhat tongue-tied in their response. So I find that these endorsements are anything but enthusiastic ones. Nevertheless an endorsement is an endorsement.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

Since Biden said he will not run for the last time, and Webb, and Chafee quit, we actually have polls which will match the choices voters will vote for. Up until now all of the polls except Morning Consult had Biden in them, and as such were useless garbage.

Up until now since Aug 30 untill now Morning Consult has produced nine polls, averaging; 51.3% Clinton, 26.8% Sanders. Variance through all of that time; +/- 6% Clinton, +/- 3% Sanders.

Up until now I've pretty much been getting by with only Morning Consult polls and have been frowning upon the others and been grimissing.

Now all of the national polling outfits are polling more correctly, Biden, Webb, and Chafee have been removed. Polling questions are at last apples to apples with likely primary ballot questions.

We have five polls since Oct 22.

Clinton: Average 55.0%
53% - Morning Consult
58% - Gravis Marketing/One America News
61% - YouGov/Economist
53% - Ipsos/Reuters
50% - NBC/SurveyMonkey

Sanders: Average 26.6%
26% - Morning Consult
15% - Gravis Marketing/One America News
29% - YouGov/Economist
33% - Ipsos/Reuters
30% - NBC/SurveyMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bernie still has several months to close the wide gap in the poll numbers, but in the meantime Hillary's working hard to reach out to African-American voters.

Quote:
“Look, I don’t believe you change hearts,” Clinton told the leaders at the time, speaking about racism. “I believe you change laws, you change allocation of resources, you change the way systems operate. You’re not going to change every heart. You’re not. But at the end of the day, we could do a whole lot to change some hearts and change some systems and create more opportunities for people who deserve to have them, to live up to their own God-given potential.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/25 ... an-bulwark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:39 am 
Board Emeritus

Will this be a winning strategy for Clinton? Time will tell.

Quote:
We must "make this a voting issue, just like the other side does, because the majority of Americans and the majority of gun owners agree with us" that there should be additional restrictions, Clinton added.

Clinton, who is seeking her party's nomination for the November 2016 presidential election, has said she wants to build a national movement to counter the National Rifle Association, the leading U.S. gun rights advocacy group. The NRA spent more than $28 million in the 2014 election cycle, promoting candidates who oppose gun restrictions and against those who favor them.

http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton ... ons-390442

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Will this be a winning strategy for Clinton? Time will tell.

http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton ... ons-390442

:arrow: I think she is a little late to the party because Gabby Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly already have that advocacy group, it's called Americans For Responsible Solutions

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hillary Clinton has been a stronger proponent of gun regulations, for much longer, than Bernie right Ilise?

Your factionalism is showing.

I actually like Bernie on guns.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

'New Democrats' sound alarm over Sanders and Clinton's leftward march

Observers on both sides of the party’s divide suggest presidential primary debate confirms a resurgence of more populist economic policies

Leading architects of the “New Democrat” movement are sounding the alarm over a lurch to the left in the party, after candidates at the latest presidential primary debate confirmed a resurgence of more populist economic policies.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... ward-march

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hillary Clinton has been a stronger proponent of gun regulations, for much longer, than Bernie right Ilise?

Your factionalism is showing.

I actually like Bernie on guns.

:arrow: Not arguing that point. Hillary coming out like this is too reactionary for my taste. I was just pointing out that wanting to push an organization backing candidates who will be strong on gun control has already been done. Maybe she ought to join with Giffords and Kelly, instead of trying to make a political statement because of expediency, if she is truly serious? I like Bernie's position about guns as well. So it's not a question of who's the stronger proponent, it's who's more realistic about the issue.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:12 pm 
Political Junkie

Observers on both sides of the party’s divide suggest presidential primary debate confirms a resurgence of more populist economic policies

Leading architects of the “New Democrat” movement are sounding the alarm over a lurch to the left in the party, after candidates at the latest presidential primary debate confirmed a resurgence of more populist economic policies.

Liberal Democrats are 100% pro-growth, contrary to what these moderates claim. It's just that we have a very, very big problem with the people at the top of the economic pyramid raking in most of the gains while the rest of us are expected to be happy with their crumbs.
Their definition of pro-growth is just another variation of trickle-down Reaganomics.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

:arrow: These wimpy-assed Democrats just haven't learned that the Progressive wing of the Party has a serious bone to pick with them. They also havent learned that pushing corporate Democrats like Hillary Clinton on the Party, with her DLC/Third Way crowd is what is hurting the Democratic Party. Keep playing us for fools corporate Dems and Congress and maybe even the White House and the SCOTUS will be lost for a very very long time!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:36 pm 
Political Junkie

:arrow: These wimpy-assed Democrats just haven't learned that the Progressive wing of the Party has a serious bone to pick with them. They also havent learned that pushing corporate Democrats like Hillary Clinton on the Party, with her DLC/Third Way crowd is what is hurting the Democratic Party. Keep playing us for fools corporate Dems and Congress and maybe even the White House and the SCOTUS will be lost for a very very long time!

The problem is that either way, no matter who gets the White House, Hillary & the New Democrats will remain very, very comfortable.
It's we the people aren't in the 1% who will be feeling the pain.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

The problem is that either way, no matter who gets the White House, Hillary & the New Democrats will remain very, very comfortable.
It's we the people aren't in the 1% who will be feeling the pain.

:arrow: But the one thing is they won't have the power. So they can be comfortable as long as they stay away from the seat of power. The one thing I detest the most in some Democrats is this defeatist attitude, and I really have contempt for politicians like Hillary, the DLC and Third Way that come in the shape of a friend. They are not our friend. Hillary is a windsock, any way the winds blow that's where she furls in her opportunistic way.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

:arrow: Not arguing that point. Hillary coming out like this is too reactionary for my taste. I was just pointing out that wanting to push an organization backing candidates who will be strong on gun control has already been done. Maybe she ought to join with Giffords and Kelly, instead of trying to make a political statement because of expediency, if she is truly serious? I like Bernie's position about guns as well. So it's not a question of who's the stronger proponent, it's who's more realistic about the issue.

So it seems clear that Hillary can do no right by you.

Hillary goes from being too moderate (a "corporate" candidate) to being too reactionary the moment she ends up to the Left of Bernie.

Hillary is probably closer to the Democratic electorate. Bernie understands the difference between restrictions that keep guns out of the hands of gang bangers and restrictions that target law abiding citizens.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

So it seems clear that Hillary can do no right by you.

Hillary goes from being too moderate (a "corporate" candidate) to being too reactionary the moment she ends up to the Left of Bernie.

Hillary is probably closer to the Democratic electorate. Bernie understands the difference between restrictions that keep guns out of the hands of gang bangers and restrictions that target law abiding citizens.

:arrow: No she can't, because I know how much of an opportunist she is. Moving to the left on this issue as she has done proves that, especially considering where she used to stand on the issue when she last ran for POTUS! And at that time she was closer to where Bernie stands now than where the Democratic electorate is.

https://www.facebook.com/10000492322889 ... nref=story

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:36 pm 
Political Junkie

Clinton manages to squeeze a "God-give potential" into every one of her interviews/debates.

Irksome. Sounds like an underhanded way to emphasize her religious faith.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 836 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34  Next