RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2057 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 83  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/inter ... to-explain

Quote:
European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker reportedly used colorful cards with simple explanations to discuss trade policies during his Wednesday meeting with President Trump.

He knows nothing, absolutely nothing about business and I can prove it. Let me ask him 5 basic business questions the night manager at the local 711 would know and I guarantee he doesnt know 4 of them. Probably all 5.

He is banning Jim Acosta and April Ryan because they ask questions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

'Suspicious items' at Trump Tower deemed safe by New York police

The New York Police Department has cleared Trump Tower after several "suspicious" items were found inside the Midtown Manhattan skyscraper Friday evening.

Emergency vehicles and the bomb squad had surrounded the building owned by President Donald Trump at 6 p.m. EDT. Traffic in the area of the Fifth Avenue building, which houses the Trump Organization, was partially shut down.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 853372002/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

States suing Trump administration, company over 3D guns

Eight states are filing suit against the Trump administration over its decision to allow a Texas company to publish downloadable blueprints for a 3D-printed gun, contending the hard-to-trace plastic weapons are a boon to terrorists and criminals and threaten public safety.

The suit, filed Monday in Seattle, asks a judge to block the federal government’s late-June settlement with Defense Distributed, which allowed the company to make the plans available online. Officials say that 1,000 people have already downloaded blueprints for AR-15 rifles.

https://apnews.com/0337401e6cf04ad8a84d ... ce=Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

LeBron James Proved That Trump Fundamentally Misunderstands Sports

Of all the black athletes President Trump has slandered and scapegoated, he has never come after LeBron James. Not that I want him to, but I have to wonder why. The man who has insulted Colin Kaepernick for his civil rights protests and Stephen Curry for refusing to celebrate a championship with him at the White House has still never targeted the most visible and well-known male athlete in American sports. There have been no attacks despite the NBA superstar’s uncompromising opposition to Trumpism, from endorsing Hillary Clinton to speaking out about racial injustice. James even called Trump a “bum” on Twitter last year when defending Curry, and Trump never responded.

We’ll see if that changes. On Monday, James opened the I PROMISE School, a public, non-charter school in his native Akron, Ohio. During an interview with CNN’s Don Lemon about the project, James spoke about how academics and athletics fuel a student’s development. He also referred to the president, saying, “He’s used sport to divide us, and that’s something that I can’t relate to, because I know that sport was the first time I was ever around someone white. You know? And I got an opportunity to see them and learn about them, and they got an opportunity to learn about me, and we became good friends. And I said, ‘Oh, wow — this is all because of sports.’ It has never been something to divide people. It has always been something to bring people together.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... ts-705285/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:41 pm 
Policy Wonk

Davos counters with arbitrary hoops and punitive residues

DeVos Proposes to Curtail Debt Relief for Defrauded Students

Quote:
Education Secretary Betsy DeVos proposed on Wednesday to curtail Obama administration loan forgiveness rules for students defrauded by for-profit colleges, requiring that student borrowers show they have fallen into hopeless financial straits or prove that their colleges knowingly deceived them.

The DeVos proposal, set to go in force a year from now, would replace Obama-era policies that sought to ease access to loan forgiveness for students who were left saddled with debt after two for-profit college chains, Corinthian Colleges and ITT Technical Institute, imploded in 2015 and 2016. The schools were found to have misled their students with false advertisements and misleading claims for years.

Afterward, the Obama administration forgave hundreds of millions of dollars in student loans and began rewriting regulations to crack down on predatory institutions and bolster borrowers’ ability to seek debt relief from the federal government.................

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/statu ... 0210954241

Quote:
Sarah Sanders says it's outrageous that people don't need an ID to vote, but the Trump administration is fine with felons, domestic abusers and other dangerous people buying guns through unlicensed dealers without ID.

What I would give if a righty would just come out and admit why they like voter ID.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:19 pm 
Policy Wonk

Some recent insight into our psychopathic president.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

Forty Senate Democrats Join GOP to Send $717 Billion Military Spending Bill to Trump's Desk

In a late afternoon vote that garnered very little attention in the corporate media — and predictably didn’t spark any of the handwringing about costs that pundits typically apply to social programs for the poor and working class — 40 Democrats and Sen. Angus King (I-Maine) joined nearly every Senate Republican on Wednesday to send a $717 billion military spending bill to President Donald Trump’s desk.

The legislation — formally titled the John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2019 — is now “on track to become law before the start of the fiscal year for the first time since the fiscal 1997 bill,” The Hill reported. Trump is expected to sign the measure before the end of the week.

https://truthout.org/articles/senate-se ... umps-desk/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:58 am 
Board Emeritus

Karl Anthony Towns Rips Trump

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump has made 4,229 false or misleading claims since he became president, 588 days ago

Due to summer vacation schedules, The Washington Post had fallen a month behind in updating its Fact Checker’s database that analyses, categorises and tracks every suspect statement uttered by the American president.

It turns out that this was when the president decided to turn on the spigots of false and misleading claims. As of day 558, he has made 4,229 Trumpian claims – an increase of 978 in just two months.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 74016.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Angry 'Trump supporter' calls police, reports black Brooklyn state Sen. Jesse Hamilton — who was (gasp) talking to voters

An angry white woman who identified herself as a Trump supporter called police Thursday morning to report a black state senator who was merely talking with voters outside a Brooklyn subway station.

State Sen. Jesse Hamilton was speaking with constituents at the Parkside Ave. subway entrance in Prospect-Lefferts Gardens when the woman, who spoke with an Eastern European accent, accused Hamilton of being too strong in his support for immigrants, his office said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny- ... tory.html#

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

Tom Steyer: Pelosi is wrong about Trump impeachment push

Democratic billionaire donor Tom Steyer said House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is wrong for saying his push to impeach President Trump is helping Republicans.

Steyer pushed back against Pelosi’s claim during an interview with BuzzFeed News that aired Sunday night, calling Trump “reckless and dangerous and lawless.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/40148 ... epublicans

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Steyer is either wrong or has an agenda nobody knows about yet.

I mean he is wrong, of course, in that announcing impeachment now WILL bring out more cons, as in it will.

But he is willing to risk billions of lives to be right, even if he is wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
Trump kept calling world leaders while they were asleep because he apparently has difficulty understanding time zones, Politico reports.

Trump aides have had to explain the issue, which one diplomatic source said came up on "a constant basis."

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status ... 0210995580

Further proof that he is NEVER involved in ANY business deal, someone who doesnt know about time zones is not negotiating intl deals.

His involvement in every deal he has done is exactly like this

1. i was told this would be good to buy
2. buy it
3. cheat the seller if you can and lie about everything

Other than that he has not a clue. I am a business person, I wish I wasnt, I KNOW he knows nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hey you filthy supporters, today the traitor signed bill in honor of McCain and never once mentioned McCain

what a filthy pile of SCUM he and YOU are

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

Gov. Cuomo Spars With Trump After Riff On President’s ‘MAGA’ Slogan

ALBANY, N.Y. (CBSNewYork/AP) — A war of tweets erupted between Governor Andrew Cuomo and President Donald Trump several hours after the governor said America “was never that great” and won’t be great until all Americans share true equality.

The riff heard round the political world was delivered during a speech blasting the president and his slogan, “Make America Great Again.”

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/08/15 ... o-on-maga/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:56 pm 
Policy Wonk

Trump at 36 percent approval among African-Americans, new poll finds

Quote:
Even as cable news networks debate reports of the existence of a recording of President Donald Trump using a racial slur, a new poll from Rasmussen Reports says that the president's approval rating among African-Americans is at 36 percent, nearly double his support at this time last year.

"Today's @realDonaldTrump approval ratings among black voters: 36%," Rasmussen said in a tweet. "This day last year: 19%."

That is a staggeringly high number for a man who only won 8 percent of the African-American vote in 2016.

It is even more unexpected given the president's rocky history on matters related to race, including his current nasty feud with former White House aide Omarosa Manigault Newman, who has alleged Trump said "n word" on the set of the reality-TV show "The Apprentice."

Conservatives celebrated the poll as a sign of trouble for Democrats in upcoming elections.

Charlie Kirk, the founder of the conservative campus group Turning Point USA, cited the poll as evidence that Trump "is breaking the Democrat party as we know it." ..................

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

Why are you posting the results of a Rasmussen poll?

They're good for flushing, after they've been flushed the wad of them wipes down the side of the pipe.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:25 pm 
Policy Wonk

Why are you posting the results of a Rasmussen poll?

They're good for flushing, after they've been flushed the wad of them wipes down the side of the pipe.

just to show what they are and how they are used to browbeat people with suggestions based on numbers. how seriously you take polls and such is how much power they hold over you. see this on both sides of the aisle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

that poll is complete and utter nonsense

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://twitter.com/mattshuham/status/1 ... 0211023750

Quote:
Trump repeatedly referred to CBP (Customs and Border Protection) as "CBC" today. Twice here:

https://twitter.com/mattshuham/status/1 ... 4663197699

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

BTW, generally speaking, any given poll can be either good or bad, depending on methodology; what I trust most are poll averages of several polls as they smooth out whatever methodological mistakes each poll makes. :D

RCP generally gives that data. I also like to check polls against prediction markets and see if those match. Supposedly prediction markets are even more accurate. I wonder about that, but studies show it. "Wisdom of crowds" and all that and especially if they have to put real money on the line.

At the end of the day, though, though I like to watch the data trends, on election day, I assume all polls, personally, are voodoo, and go out and vote even if the candidate is supposedly 30 points ahead of their opponent.

A lot of people sit home on election day if they see polls like that, and then bad things happen. Especially because polls may be closing in the last days of the election and they stopped paying attention.

Yes, I think this was a factor in 2016. And maybe other times.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump mocks 'phony blue wave,' says immigration will carry GOP to midterm wins

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump argued Republicans will win in the midterms because Democrats "don't mind crime" during an event on border control and immigration enforcement in the East Room of the White House Monday.

"I think we’re going to have much more of a red wave than what you’re going to see as a phony blue wave. Blue wave means crime. It means open borders. Not good," Trump said. "We need new laws. We need border laws, we need immigration laws — we need ‘em fast, we’re going to get ‘em. Hopefully the midterms will help toward that end."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... op-n902311

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

Anti-Trump billboard put up in New Jersey: 'Our leader the idiot'

An anti-Trump billboard was put up in New Jersey one day after President Trump’s former longtime lawyer Michael Cohen’s pleaded guilty to eight counts of fraud and campaign finance violations and implicated the president in a felony.

Neil Harrison, an activist from New York City, told News 12 New Jersey on Wednesday that he paid nearly $1,000 out of pocket to erect the billboard that refers to Trump as “Our leader, the idiot.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... -the-idiot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:30 am 
Board Emeritus

Today Trump says,"I don't know how you can impeach somebody who's done a great job."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2057 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 83  Next