RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hashtag: #Trump Resign

https://twitter.com/hashtag/TrumpResign ... t-shutdown

It has foxnews all-a-twitter:

"Stars call on President Donald Trump to resign after government shutdown" is the title.

It says George Takei, Bette Midler, Kathy Griffin, Chris Evans, Mark Hamill, and others are trying to get this hashtag to trend.

They're trying to get us all a present is how I look at it. :D

Looking into it more, it's a party:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/ResignTrump?src=hash

https://twitter.com/hashtag/TrumpResigns?src=hash

https://twitter.com/hashtag/TrumpTantrum?src=hash

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:20 am 
Board Emeritus

Trump signs bill naming post office for Army captain Khan

President Donald Trump has signed into law a bill naming a Virginia post office for fallen U.S. Army Captain Humayun Khan, whose father criticized the then-candidate in a 2016 Democratic National Convention speech.

The Daily Progress reports U.S. Sens. Mark Warner and Tim Kaine released a joint statement Friday night saying the president had signed the bill filed by Rep. Tom Garrett. Trump had been roundly criticized for his response to Khizr Khan's speech.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/1 ... /23626497/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:45 am 
Board Emeritus

And his reelection chances has dropped a notch.

Trump makes federal pay freeze official for 2019

WASHINGTON — Federal employees’ pay will be frozen at 2018 levels for all of next year following a White House executive order issued Friday.

The Office of Personnel Management released pay tables Friday night that show there will be no raises for civilian federal employees in 2019.

https://wtop.com/government/2018/12/opm ... day-night/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1079080163080458241

big news here

Quote:
These new revelations about former @realDonaldTrump campaign manager Paul Manafort further confirms the following fact:

MOST SUCCESSFUL WITCH HUNT IN US HISTORY.Ted Lieu added,
Josh Campbell
Verified account

@joshscampbell
Manafort "owed us a lot of money," said a former Russsian intelligence officer/arms dealer. "And he was offering ways to pay it back."
http://amp.timeinc.net/time/5490169/pau ... rkin-debts
10:22 AM - 29 Dec 2018

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:53 pm 
Policy Wonk

I thought this cartoon was apt as a description of Individual 1 and his victi...supporters....

Attachments:
A Story.jpg
A Story.jpg [ 69.68 KiB | Viewed 578 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

Baptist minister slams Jerry Falwell Jr for ‘disaster’ promise to put Trump over Jesus

A Southern Baptist minister has spoken up to “vigorously critique” an interview in which evangelical leader Jerry Falwell Jr. said that he would support anything President Donald Trump decides to do as president.

Alan Cross is a Southern Baptist pastor in Montgomery, Alabama.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/baptis ... ifications

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Accomplishments really. :lol:

Right wing paper publishes White House-produced ‘exclusive’ list of accomplishments — then Trump promotes it: reporter

The White House communications team came up with a strategy of handing over what they wanted the Washington Examiner to publish, just so the president could tweet it out and promote himself.

At least, that’s one take from the Washington correspondent for the Toronto Star, who noticed the correlation.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/right- ... ifications

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:55 am 
Board Emeritus

Oh please let this happen.

Trump could doom Senate Republicans in 2020 with his horrible leadership: conservative columnist

Conservative New York Times columnist Bret Stephens told MSNBC on Thursday President Trump’s failure to lead would doom Mitch McConnell and Senate Republicans in 2020, saying the president would eventually have to surrender as the British did at the end of the American Revolution.

“McConnell wants to save his caucus, he wants to save his majority,” Stephens said, adding that it would be a difficult fight.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/trump- ... ifications

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:28 am 
Board Emeritus

Get him. :twisted:

Meet the 10 Democrats who are about to make Donald Trump’s life a living hell

President Donald Trump’s administration is plagued by seemingly countless scandals, from Russian interference in the 2016 election to the first family’s finances. And now, with a Democratic majority in the House, the President and his associates are likely to be the targets of just as many investigations.

Even before the midterms swept Democrats into the House, there were over 100 investigation requests. Now that they hold the majority, Democrats have the power to more deeply probe everything from James Comey’s firing to the hurricane response in Puerto Rico to the family separation policy at the border.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/meet-1 ... ifications

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

A waist of time. :problem:

President Trump to address nation, visit southern border Thursday to tout wall

WASHINGTON – As the partial government shutdown approaches a record length, President Donald Trump said Monday he will address the nation at 9 p.m. Tuesday on what he called the crisis at the nation's border.

Trump also said he will visit the U.S.-Mexico border on Thursday to promote his wall plan, officials said Monday.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 502178002/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

There is no crisis at the southern border. A most colossal whopper of a lie.

It won't work, and it's to solve a non-existent problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:03 pm 
Policy Wonk

:mrgreen:

Attachments:
Trump Equation.jpg
Trump Equation.jpg [ 93.93 KiB | Viewed 490 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

and here we go

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... al-mueller

Quote:
White House may try to block release of parts of final Mueller findings: report
Source: Bloomberg

The White House may try to use executive privilege to keep parts of special counsel Robert Mueller's final report from being made public, Bloomberg News reported Monday, citing unidentified sources.

President Trump's personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, told the news outlet that Trump's legal team "will look at it and see if the president thinks there is a valid claim" of executive privilege.

"We reserve the right. We don’t know if we have to, but we haven’t waived it," Giuliani added.

Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), the new chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, told Bloomberg News that an effort to conceal Mueller's report “will not hold up in court."

Americans need to make it clear this wont be acceptable. In a very serious way, we need to make it CLEAR.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

and here we go

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... al-mueller

Americans need to make it clear this wont be acceptable. In a very serious way, we need to make it CLEAR.

Yeah, it makes me feel all kind of jumpy too. But then I read what the Hill had cited here:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... some-of-it

There's not been a speculative report like that one available to be clicked upon since the Mueller investigation began. At least four of them a week. Rudy Giuliani acted here the way he has acted since he began being a spokesperson. About once a week.

This stuff is froth.

:|

This is a wave happening, watch it happen tomorrow night:

Trump Wants to Deliver Prime Time Address on Government Shutdown and Will Visit the Border

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/07/us/p ... visit.html

Quote:
President Trump wants to address the nation about the government shutdown on Tuesday night, and later in the week plans to travel to the southern border as part of his effort to persuade Americans of the need for a border wall — the sticking point in negotiations with Democrats who are eager to reopen shuttered agencies.

The White House did not immediately respond to questions about a request to television networks to carve out time for an Oval Office address. A person familiar with the request said the White House had asked to interrupt prime time programming on Tuesday.

I'm going to try and get rested up for it. I want to be properly prepared for being upset about it, that takes fuel and having had enough rest.

:(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Someone on DU just said

Quote:
If I didn't know better I'd worry that ReTHUGs appear to have seized the US government
and do not intend to allow the Democratic Party to run the House of Representatives.

And as I am at the office not watching TV I dont know what he is talking about.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:46 pm 
Policy Wonk

Joke seen on Quora Digest:

Three reconstructive plastic surgeons were playing a round of golf and one began to reflect on the highlights of his career. “I had a patient once who had lost all of the fingers on his right hand in an industrial accident. It was extremely challenging to reattach those fingers and fully restore the nerves, tendons and blood vessels. I must have done a fantastic job because he is now a concert pianist”.

The second surgeon replied “Well, I had a similar situation with a patient who had lost her leg; torn off in a car crash. I did such a good job she is now an Olympic athlete and won a gold medal at the last Olympics”.

The third surgeon who had remained quiet and was concentrating on his stroke, was invited by the others to contribute his greatest achievement. He scoffed dismissively “I think mine diminishes both yours as somewhat trivial. I had an impossible situation where a guy high on crystal meth rode a horse at full tilt straight into an oncoming freight train traveling at 200 kilometers per hour. There was nothing left but the horse’s ass and some hair - now it’s president of the U.S.”.

:D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

Someone on DU just said

And as I am at the office not watching TV I dont know what he is talking about.

I don't have TV but I do have the print media and have been watching it. I just showed you the big story. Big story so far.

CNN has a breathless nothing wearing a big title as of 18 minuets ago. Says Trump is cornered.

The really worrisome thing I saw other than Trump on TV tomorrow, is that RBG is reportedly going to be missing her first oral arguments during her entire life. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

Joke seen on Quora Digest:

Three reconstructive plastic surgeons were playing a round of golf and one began to reflect on the highlights of his career. “I had a patient once who had lost all of the fingers on his right hand in an industrial accident. It was extremely challenging to reattach those fingers and fully restore the nerves, tendons and blood vessels. I must have done a fantastic job because he is now a concert pianist”.

The second surgeon replied “Well, I had a similar situation with a patient who had lost her leg; torn off in a car crash. I did such a good job she is now an Olympic athlete and won a gold medal at the last Olympics”.

The third surgeon who had remained quiet and was concentrating on his stroke, was invited by the others to contribute his greatest achievement. He scoffed dismissively “I think mine diminishes both yours as somewhat trivial. I had an impossible situation where a guy high on crystal meth rode a horse at full tilt straight into an oncoming freight train traveling at 200 kilometers per hour. There was nothing left but the horse’s ass and some hair - now it’s president of the U.S.”.

:D

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

He just Tweeted at Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump:

"I am pleased to inform you that I will Address the Nation on the Humanitarian and National Security crisis on our Southern Border. Tuesday night at 9:00 P.M. Eastern."

I can't imagine anything he might say I would like.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:37 pm 
Policy Wonk

He just Tweeted at Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump:

"I am pleased to inform you that I will Address the Nation on the Humanitarian and National Security crisis on our Southern Border. Tuesday night at 9:00 P.M. Eastern."

I can't imagine anything he might say I would like.

Even for one of his frothing-at-the-mouth Trumpublican fan boys, "Humanitarian" doesn't make any sense at all; I mean, it's not like he cares about two children dying because of his idiotic border politics.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

The only humanitarian crisis at the border is of Trump's own making.

He will not address this tomorrow. He's never cared about humanitarian issues, see: Puerto Rico.

He may try and claim Mexican people crossing the border are responsible for the majority of (dangerous illegal) drugs, terrorism, or violent crime in this country; all three of those things are lies. "His wall" (whatever version of this phantasmagoric construct) will do little to stem any of these problems.

If the problem is undocumented immigration, well, everybody other than Mexicans is not crossing our border to the south to get here, and will not be stopped by a wall.

If that's what he means, it will be the usual lies.

I also love how media are the enemy of the people, until he begs them to carry one of his "emergency" (not) addresses to the nation.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

The only humanitarian crisis at the border is of Trump's own making.

He will not address this tomorrow. He's never cared about humanitarian issues, see: Puerto Rico.

He may try and claim Mexican people crossing the border are responsible for the majority of (dangerous illegal) drugs, terrorism, or violent crime in this country; all three of those things are lies. "His wall" (whatever version of this phantasmagoric construct) will do little to stem any of these problems.

If the problem is undocumented immigration, well, everybody other than Mexicans is not crossing our border to the south to get here, and will not be stopped by a wall.

If that's what he means, it will be the usual lies.

I also love how media are the enemy of the people, until he begs them to carry one of his "emergency" (not) addresses to the nation.

Obviously but well stated. As long as 45 million Americans are willing to side with putin over America, we have to put up with the traitor. I consider each and every one of them a physical enemy and they are trying to kill me. I said the same thing 4 years ago before trump. didnt I

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
CNN just had on about 10 minutes that many parts of the Steele Dossier is true.
The walls are closing in on Donny and Company.

And here is the smoking gun. The Steele Dossier said that Cohen met with
Russians and paid off hackers in the late summer of 2016 in Prague. Well
it looks like @ least Cohen's phone was there.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-the-mi ... story-true

On Dec. 27, McClatchy DC—a reputable news outlet that broke the most important stories about the Iraq War—reported that cell phone tower records obtained by foreign intelligence sources place Michael Cohen (or at least his phone) in Prague in the late summer of 2016. The story says this information, as well as the fruits of electronic eavesdropping by an Eastern European intelligence agency that picked up discussion among Russians of Cohen’s presence in Prague, are now in the possession of the office of Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

If the McClatchy story is true, it has huge implications for Donald Trump's survival in the presidency. But that’s a major if; unlike many other scoops about the Mueller probe, no other outlet has been able to confirm McClatchy’s reporting. And the McClatchy reporters have made it clear that they have no corroborating evidence of their claims and that some of their sources are indirect at best.

The stakes are immense. If the McClatchy story is validated, it would strongly suggest that Mueller has evidence that in 2016 Trump sent his personal lawyer and fixer to Europe to meet with a high-ranking Kremlin official. The point of the meeting, if it occurred, was ostensibly to discuss Russian concerns that their intrusion in the presidential campaign on Trump’s behalf might be exposed. This would confirm an important section of the (in)famous “Steele dossier” and offer major evidence of Trump’s participation in a criminal conspiracy.

Paying off porn stars, obstruction of justice, corrupt Russian real estate deals—they’re all serious, even criminal, but not in the same league as “Prague” (or another place where Prague-like meetings might have taken place). A meeting or multiple meetings of this kind would be the crown jewels of what Mueller in court filings calls the “core” of his investigation into whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to interfere in the 2016 election.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:03 pm 
Policy Wonk

now thats an ominous picture

Nation Not Sure How Many Ex-Trump Staffers It Can Safely Reabsorb

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86  Next