Ballots being mailed today in some states.

News and events of the day
Libertas

Ballots being mailed today in some states.

Post by Libertas »

If you live in a red state, please make sure to confirm where your ballot is and when you will get it.

Then if you intend to vote in person, expect absurd conditions like metal detectors, glassed off booths, etc. NOT to protect from Covid, but to intimidate a certain group of Americans hoping they wont vote. That is if you are allowed to vote, at all.

12 states with bullet proof glass, etc. I need to find the article.

But if you vote by mail, will DeJoy allow your ballot to get to the county?
I sigh in your general direction.
Number6

Re: Ballots being mailed today in some states.

Post by Number6 »

I received my California ballot on Saturday, I'm a permanent mail ballot voter, and I received an automated call today letting me know my ball had been mailed and if I do not receive it within seven days to contact the registrar of voters.

I've looked over the seven state ballot initiatives and one county measure and I'm still looking at the California League of Women's Voters analysis of them. Overall, there are basically two initiatives and the one measure I'm still reading up on.

Of the statewide races, I'm fairly set in whom I'm voting for as well as for State Assembly. The hardest races are the judges' races because there is so few ways to evaluate them considering their ballot statements are mostly identical. I do know a retired Superior Court judge who know most of the ones for local judgeships so I may have to tap her for information.

Locally, we have two city council seats up and I already made my mind up on them. One is a sitting council member and the other is a former council member who is terrific. On the school board, we have one seat for the remaining two years of a four year term in which the board member resigned. There are three candidates running with one being an anti-mask and anti-vaccination who, in my opinion, is a QANON follower. Another candidate is one who believes Critical Race Theory is being taught in the schools. The third candidate, fortunately, is sane and has my vote. There are eight candidates running for three seats and those choices were easy to make. My sister, who is a conservative republican, asked me who I'm voting for in the school board races and surprisingly she agrees with my choices. The ones I'm voting for are progressives in their views concerning education.
When you vote left, you vote right.
carmenjonze

Re: Ballots being mailed today in some states.

Post by carmenjonze »

I got a text a couple days ago saying mine’s been mailed. Blue wave all the way, go Dems, get these stupid bigots out of office!

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells