RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

Mcclatchy ran this today. Mcclatchy is a good source, too good, by the time they've dotted the I's and crossed the T's of professional journalism requires those other less reputable sources scoops have gone stale.

President Kamala Harris? She’s making the first moves.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politic ... 09374.html

:D

I'm sure glad that's over. That chore of picking my candidate for President every four to eight years is so stressful. Going to be nice to just kick back and have it all sorted out for a change.

Last edited by Sam Lefthand on Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sen. Kamala Harris on Idaho congressman's healthcare claim: 'What the ... is that?'

http://www.latimes.com/politics/essenti ... story.html

"Like this guy, this congressman, you might as well say, ‘People don't starve because they don't have food.' What the ... is that? What are you saying? How can you say that?" Harris said during an interview with Pod Save America, a podcast run by former Obama administration staffers. It was recorded live in front of an audience of more than 2,000 people in San Francisco, according to her staff.

You can listen to that recording here >> advance it to 42:35.

https://art19.com/shows/pod-save-america

She says "medicare for all." 8-)

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:37 pm 
Policy Wonk

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm glad you like her Roy.

Today she's got the Republican's howling.

I saw this "Washington Post Gives Kamala Harris Four Pinocchios for False Claim on GOP Health Care Bill"

That's a Washington Free Beacon headline. Glenn Kesser actually did give her four.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/washington ... are-claim/

It was perhaps bias of him. He said right in his report:

So where did Harris get the 129 million figure?

"The senator was relying on a somewhat dated 2011 estimate from the Department of Health and Human Services. That report said that 50 million to 129 million (19 to 50 percent of) non-elderly Americans have some type of preexisting health condition."

"Just before the Obama administration left office, HHS published an updated version of the report, which said 61 million to 133 million (23 to 51 percent) of non-elderly Americans have preexisting conditions. The difference in the numbers depends on the definition that is used."

Anyway the Republican press is having fun with it. I hope they enjoy it, I found this at Fox News, I get the last laugh:

Expert predicts 129 million people will lose health coverage
Nov. 04, 2013 - 5:39 - Duke University professor anticipates major ObamaCare fallout

http://video.foxnews.com/v/280602181800 ... show-clips

They not only said that with concern, they had one of those big rubber stamps to stamp the video in RED with 129,000,000. They were quite shrill and breathless about it.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

What people dont understand is we are all on Obamacare, other than Medicare and I think even there it has an impact

no matter how you get your coverage, it is Obamacare

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

What people dont understand is we are all on Obamacare, other than Medicare and I think even there it has an impact

no matter how you get your coverage, it is Obamacare

You have that right.

And since I'm not covered by group policies if Obamacare is removed, I not only have to worry about pre existing conditions, I would face having to buy zomby insurance. The kind of insurance you have until you get sick and need insurance, then they cancel your policy.

They only have to cancel 3% to 5% of policies to reduce their payout on claims by about 90%. They were all doing it before Obamacare.

Regulators would look at that and say, "3% to 5%" doesn't seem that bad.

Insurance companies make a game of having one list their medical history on the application form. But there isn't anyone who has their full medical history on hand, so they leave something out.

The form has about three lines for one to fill it in, but a full medical history for just about anyone is pages long. Lots of times people don't know what their doctor has written down. If they want to get rid of a sick person they can find a way.

That's zomby insurance. It's not worth buying, might as well pay out of pocket.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

What, I have what right?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

No matter how you get your coverage, it is Obamacare.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

No matter how you get your coverage, it is Obamacare.

I thought you meant I have a "right", sorry

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sen. Kamala Harris to Trump administration: Start a war on drug abuse, don't restart the war on drugs

http://www.latimes.com/politics/essenti ... story.html

"I saw the war on drugs up close, and let me tell you, the war on drugs was an abject failure," Harris said. "It offered taxpayers a bad return on investment, it was bad for public safety, it was bad for budgets and our economy, and it was bad for people of color and those struggling to make ends meet."

“This administration and Jeff Sessions want to take us back to the dark ages."

“We need to do the smart thing and the right thing and finally decriminalize marijuana.”

"Harris said criminal justice reform should be equitable and U.S. drug policy should treat addiction as a disease rather than as a crime."

“This is not a black and brown issue, this is not an urban and blue state issue. This has always been an American issue,” Harris said. “We need this administration to understand that if they care about the opioid crisis in rural America as they say they do, they have also got to care about the drug-addicted young man in Chicago or East L.A."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

I just saw a banner ad at the top of my screen saying there will be a Kamala Harris townhall live from Iowa on CNN at 10PM eastern tonight.

If the ad returns I'll click on it, if it doesn't I'll use google later this evening to find a link so I can watch it.

That's sign of having created a campaign, having organized it, and then getting after it. Aim carefully and then shoot.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

I like her. It's too early to say who I'm supporting in the primary. I'm in wait and see mode.

As in, let's see the full list of who's running. And then, since our primary is in March, let's see the debates and see who gets eliminated.

I could very well be casting a primary vote for her. I'll have made up my mind by then.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

Already I'm seeing the Kremlin effect on the Harris announcement. Watch for "she's not REALLY black" (something also floated throuout the Obama runs), and the main one: a take on a legitimate critique about her record as a prosecutor. The latter is worth discussing, but in 2020 as she becomes a formidable candidate, this is already become the "but Hillary said 'superpredators'" propagandized mem. I'm watching it in action on social. Beware.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Already I'm seeing the Kremlin effect on the Harris announcement. Watch for "she's not REALLY black" (something also floated throuout the Obama runs), and the main one: a take on a legitimate critique about her record as a prosecutor. The latter is worth discussing, but in 2020 as she becomes a formidable candidate, this is already become the "but Hillary said 'superpredators'" propagandized mem. I'm watching it in action on social. Beware.

Before they are all done they will claim she had sex with a married man in an open relationship 20 years ago.

And simultaneously ignore the fact the prez and SC justice are serial rapists.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Before they are all done they will claim she had sex with a married man in an open relationship 20 years ago.

And simultaneously ignore the fact the prez and SC justice are serial rapists.

I've already had a person who was talking to me as a person point out that "this" was in the papers and what did I think about that.

Well I said to him, "I saw that, Daily Caller, Fox, Hot Airr. Wake me up when they have a video where she's bragging about grabbing men by their dog."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:00 am 
Board Emeritus

Today I read a headline, "Democrats distance themselves from Harris' call to eliminate private health plans."

CNN, By Alex Rogers, Manu Raju and Elizabeth Landers.

Blah!! :roll:

I read about half of it. The author were pretending to know something about it using any quote they could find of a Democrat saying what they wanted to say, and then describing that as "Democrats distance themselves"