RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:42 am 
Board Emeritus

He's my rep slimy corrupt politics are the norm here in the city.

Hoyer Admits Trying To Rig A Colorado Congressional Race For The Corrupt Conservative Candidate

DCCC incompetence has kept CO-06 in Republican hands for years after the district turned blue. And it's almost as though Steny Hoyer and Ben Ray Lujan are working to keep up their unlikely record of failure. Obama won the district-- the suburbs south and east of Denver (including Aurora, Littleton and Centennial-- in 2008 with 54% and in 2012 with 52%. In 2016 Hillary beat Trump 50.2% to 41.3%. and the PVI went from D+1 in 2015 to D+2 now. In 2016 Bernie won the district and beat Hillary in all 3 counties (Arapahoe, Douglas and Adams). Even though Democratic voters in the district expressed that they were not interested in another status quo establishment candidate, last week, the DCCC interfered in the district primary by endorsing a more-of-the-same corrupt conservative New Dem, Jason Crow (who isn't from the district), over the grassroots progressive in the race, Levi Tillemann, and then going a step further by meeting with Levi and trying to bully him into dropping out.

http://downwithtyranny.blogspot.com/201 ... orado.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

This video is on topic. Levi Tillemann mentioned above is one the original innovators, and holds some of the patents for it's design.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

By comparison Jason Crow is not nearly as interesting. Nor is he likely to be as intelligent. But I can see why the state party has picked him over Tillemann. While it might be true that in 2016 Hillary beat Trump 50.2% to 41.3%, Mike Coffman (R) beat Morgan Carroll (D) 50.9% to 42.6%.

That district is up for grabs in 2018, and it was up for grabs in 2016. What happened in 2016?

Morgan Carroll was a strong candidate, and like Levi Tillemann she's very smart, very liberal. She served as President of the Colorado State Senate from 2013 to 2014 and as minority leader in 2015. She's got everything in order. What went wrong?

I expect what went wrong is:

She "was endorsed by Democratic Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper, Planned Parenthood, NARAL Pro-Choice America, EMILY's List, the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, and the League of Conservation Voters. A super PAC called Immigrant Voters Wins supported her, spending $10,000 as of September 2016. Carroll raised the majority of her contributions from individual donors." -wiki

That's a lot of things to have wrong if one wants to win an election in a district like the Colorado 6th. The perfect candidate to win a primary there, but one who will lose in the general election. :(

On the other hand what might be right about Jason Crow?

Denver attorney, combat veteran Jason Crow launches Democratic challenge to Mike Coffman
https://coloradopolitics.com/denver-att ... e-coffman/

Quote:
Democrat Jason Crow, a Denver attorney and decorated Army Ranger veteran, announced Tuesday he’s running against U.S. Rep. Mike Coffman in the battleground 6th Congressional District in next year’s election.

“As a combat veteran and father of young children, I’m running for Congress because our political system is broken, and we’re not going to solve our problems with the same politicians and same thinking that got us here,” Crow said in a statement.

“I have always gone to where the fight is — and I believe that our most important fight is right here in the 6th District, especially when it comes to standing up to President Trump and fighting for Colorado values,” Crow said.

I've never lived in that district, but I've lived both below and above it, north and south. I've known a bunch of veterans who do live there. I knew a bunch of cadets who came from there too. I think Jason Crow will sound more interesting to them than Levi Tillemann.

I had no idea you lived there AP. I didn't know where you lived.

Some of my roots are just miles south of there in Elbert county, south of Parker. Some are in Boulder, and more in southwestern Colorado.

I went to high school with the current congressman from the 3rd district. Scott Tipton (R), isn't he a goon? For us to have a chance of throwing him out we need a candidate who is so close to being a Republican that a flip of a coin was how he decided to become a Democrat.

He'll need to vote for Republicans from time to time if he wants to be reelected. And he needs to be a he. That's why I didn't say he or she. Sad but true. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

This video is on topic. Levi Tillemann mentioned above is one the original innovators, and holds some of the patents for it's design.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

By comparison Jason Crow is not nearly as interesting. Nor is he likely to be as intelligent. But I can see why the state party has picked him over Tillemann. While it might be true that in 2016 Hillary beat Trump 50.2% to 41.3%, Mike Coffman (R) beat Morgan Carroll (D) 50.9% to 42.6%.

That district is up for grabs in 2018, and it was up for grabs in 2016. What happened in 2016?

Morgan Carroll was a strong candidate, and like Levi Tillemann she's very smart, very liberal. She served as President of the Colorado State Senate from 2013 to 2014 and as minority leader in 2015. She's got everything in order. What went wrong?

I expect what went wrong is:

She "was endorsed by Democratic Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper, Planned Parenthood, NARAL Pro-Choice America, EMILY's List, the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, and the League of Conservation Voters. A super PAC called Immigrant Voters Wins supported her, spending $10,000 as of September 2016. Carroll raised the majority of her contributions from individual donors." -wiki

That's a lot of things to have wrong if one wants to win an election in a district like the Colorado 6th. The perfect candidate to win a primary there, but one who will lose in the general election. :(

On the other hand what might be right about Jason Crow?

Denver attorney, combat veteran Jason Crow launches Democratic challenge to Mike Coffman
https://coloradopolitics.com/denver-att ... e-coffman/

I've never lived in that district, but I've lived both below and above it, north and south. I've known a bunch of veterans who do live there. I knew a bunch of cadets who came from there too. I think Jason Crow will sound more interesting to them than Levi Tillemann.

I had no idea you lived there AP. I didn't know where you lived.

Some of my roots are just miles south of there in Elbert county, south of Parker. Some are in Boulder, and more in southwestern Colorado.

I went to high school with the current congressman from the 3rd district. Scott Tipton (R), isn't he a goon? For us to have a chance of throwing him out we need a candidate who is so close to being a Republican that a flip of a coin was how he decided to become a Democrat.

He'll need to vote for Republicans from time to time if he wants to be reelected. And he needs to be a he. That's why I didn't say he or she. Sad but true. :(

NYC my friend my comment was about Steny. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

Oh

Those darned Republicans their names always look alike to me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
Some of my roots are just miles south of there in Elbert county, south of Parker.

where were you relative to Kiowa?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

Pretty much due south of Elisabeth, kind of south by southwest of Kiowa. We were a couple miles west of Elbert.