RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:46 am 
Board Emeritus

FB that's all you need to know. :evil:

A Mysterious Facebook Group Is Using Bernie Sanders’ Image to Urge Democrats to Vote for the Green Party

A Facebook page for a group called “America Progress Now” is running ads online urging progressives to vote for Green Party candidates in seven competitive races in the Midwest.

“People of Color NEED Marcia Squier in the Senate to represent them,” one of the ads says, promoting a Green Party candidate in Michigan. “Americans don’t have control over our government anymore. We’ve lost it to greedy, corporate capitalists,” says another, calling for voters to support Ohio Green Party candidate Joe Manchik.

https://www.propublica.org/article/a-my ... reen-party

AP, in 24 hours we get to find out if we're upset collectively. I have confidence in that we are upset. :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:51 am 
Board Emeritus

FB that's all you need to know. :evil:

A Mysterious Facebook Group Is Using Bernie Sanders’ Image to Urge Democrats to Vote for the Green Party

A Facebook page for a group called “America Progress Now” is running ads online urging progressives to vote for Green Party candidates in seven competitive races in the Midwest.

“People of Color NEED Marcia Squier in the Senate to represent them,” one of the ads says, promoting a Green Party candidate in Michigan. “Americans don’t have control over our government anymore. We’ve lost it to greedy, corporate capitalists,” says another, calling for voters to support Ohio Green Party candidate Joe Manchik.

https://www.propublica.org/article/a-my ... reen-party

Classic astroturf, 3.0

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:58 am 
Board Emeritus

AP, in 24 hours we get to find out if we're upset collectively. I have confidence in that we are upset. :D

Anybody actually been to this ridiculous page? :problem:

144 likes, 152 followers, and has been up a couple weeks. I see they're peddling tons of ads in my area, though, none of which I've personally seen in my FB feed. Good luck with that. :problem:

Vast majority of comments, that I can tell, are from rightwing nutjobs...that is, if ANY of those commenters are even real accounts. :problem:

Live and learn: https://www.facebook.com/America-Progre ... 941880577/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:07 am 
Board Emeritus

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:14 am 
Board Emeritus

:thumbup:

I've been waiting for this. :)

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:41 am 
Board Emeritus

Anybody actually been to this ridiculous page? :problem:

144 likes, 152 followers, and has been up a couple weeks. I see they're peddling tons of ads in my area, though, none of which I've personally seen in my FB feed. Good luck with that. :problem:

Vast majority of comments, that I can tell, are from rightwing nutjobs...that is, if ANY of those commenters are even real accounts. :problem:

Live and learn: https://www.facebook.com/America-Progre ... 941880577/

I would look at it but when I go to facebook, because I'm not a user within moment a huge thing blocks my screen. It can be minimized. when I do that it reduces it just enough that I could read what it still covers one line at a time. But I can't read it one line at a time because I can only read the lines my scroll function stop at, it's lurchy.

That thing blocking my view is an invitation for me to join. But I'm way too anti authoritarian to be prod through a moo chute leading straight to an abattoir like that. I turn it off.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:55 am 
Board Emeritus

I would look at it but when I go to facebook, because I'm not a user within moment a huge thing blocks my screen. It can be minimized. when I do that it reduces it just enough that I could read what it still covers one line at a time. But I can't read it one line at a time because I can only read the lines my scroll function stop at, it's lurchy.

That thing blocking my view is an invitation for me to join. But I'm way too anti authoritarian :lol: to be prod through a moo chute leading straight to an abattoir like that. I turn it off.

Haha, sure you are.

There are always going to be elitists who believe we hoi polloi are beneath you. But is anybody forcing you to click on what you already know is a Facebook link?

This is just special-snowflake grandstanding.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:34 am 
Board Emeritus

Haha, sure you are.

There are always going to be elitists who believe we hoi polloi are beneath you. But is anybody forcing you to click on what you already know is a Facebook link?

This is just special-snowflake grandstanding.

Well Carmen I guess I'm going to plum miss out on seeing a page which you describe as being "ridiculous." Has "144 likes, 152 followers, and has been up a couple weeks." I'm going to miss their "tons of ads." And a "Vast majority of comments, that" you "can tell, are from rightwing nutjobs...that is, if ANY of those commenters are even real accounts."

I'm crushed. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:09 am 
Board Emeritus

Well Carmen I guess I'm going to plum miss out on seeing a page which you describe as being "ridiculous." Has "144 likes, 152 followers, and has been up a couple weeks." I'm going to miss their "tons of ads." And a "Vast majority of comments, that" you "can tell, are from rightwing nutjobs...that is, if ANY of those commenters are even real accounts."

I'm crushed. :lol:

Yes. A nation whose future hangs in the balance of whether of not you're on Facebook, weeps.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:41 am 
Board Emeritus

Polls are now open on the East Coast throughout the nation, in most states they will be open from 7 AM to 7 PM.

If you encounter a 'problem,' remember what Ike said. You have the right to demand a provisional ballot. You may need to follow up to make sure it gets counted - that comes later. Also, if you see some other voter 'problem' which looks like caging -- 866-OUR-VOTE, people, have your cell, maybe get video of what's happening so you can show them later.

GOP poll "watchers" are not allowed to harass, intimidate, 'inspect,' or do anything else to voters in line. Get that on video if they start breaking the rules.

Remember, if you are on on the line when polls close at 7 PM (or whenever the hour is in your state), stay on line. They have to stay open until the line is cleared. But no, you cannot suddenly run up at the last minute.

If you notice something systematic, machine "glitches" that keep switching votes, anything that looks & smells really stinky - you might also consider contacting local media, get this documented.

Like AP warned about yesterday -- if you're voting in the DC surrounding area, be ready for bad weather and have an umbrella.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:02 am 
Board Emeritus

Spread this information around as well ... if you encounter voting problems (or other people who did) ...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:20 am 
Board Emeritus

See you all tonight

2018 Midterm Election Results

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... sults.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

As I tweeted just now, WAY WAY WAY more Dems will go to the polls and TRY to vote today than cons.

Due to gerrymandering it has to be that way because cons cheat and are nazis.

But how many of our votes will the KGB/GOP allow us to cast or be counted? That is the question

https://www.gregpalast.com/palast-in-ge ... ed-voters/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

As I tweeted just now, WAY WAY WAY more Dems will go to the polls and TRY to vote today than cons.

Due to gerrymandering it has to be that way because cons cheat and are nazis.

But how many of our votes will the KGB/GOP allow us to cast or be counted?That is the question

https://www.gregpalast.com/palast-in-ge ... ed-voters/

In case anyone thinks Libertas is just being dramatic, he's not.

Two Russian lawmakers are monitoring integrity of midterm voting in the shadow of 2016 interference - Not the Onion

Quote:
Moscow is watching. At least, that’s the task of two of its emissaries.

Members of Russia’s lower house of parliament, the State Duma, will be in the United States this week to help certify the integrity of the midterm election, ensuring that the crucial vote on Tuesday lives up to international democratic standards.

It may seem like a curious portfolio for parliamentarians from a country that, two years ago, used cyberwarfare to undermine faith in the democratic process. Russia’s own elections are hardly models of integrity.

But Artyom Turov, a member of the ruling United Russia party, and Alexei Korniyenko of the Communist Party, are serving as election observers with the Parliamentary Assembly of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, the Russian news agency Tass reported. They will examine cybersecurity, gerrymandering, voting rights and campaign financing — in a divisive contest that serves, in part, as a rematch of the bitter 2016 battle.

The issue of Russian interference has been on the back burner this fall, as special counsel Robert S. Mueller III lays low and as Kremlin-aligned operations seem to shun outright hacking in favor of more run-of-the-mill efforts to inflame debate on social media.

But President Trump himself — notoriously skeptical of the determinations of his own intelligence community on Russian interference — has brought the issue back into public focus in the final days before the election, widely seen as a referendum on his first two years in the White House. Stumping on Saturday in Montana, he promised that the health of the economy would underwrite GOP gains and warned that Democrats would again seize on an outlandish theory to justify their losses.

Where is the UN?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

In case anyone thinks Libertas is just being dramatic, he's not.

Two Russian lawmakers are monitoring integrity of midterm voting in the shadow of 2016 interference - Not the Onion

Where is the UN?

Remarkable, and you know why I am so good at predicting everything, which I have done almost perfectly? I figure out what is the very worst thing they could do short of firing weapons (that will come later) and I predict that.

Is the GOP officially on the side of the KGB, yes. Did I say this before ANYONE said it including ANYONE in the media? yes

Thanks for the story, but Russia is doing FAR more than "watching", they are on the ground, thousands of them (when you include the KGB and GOP) working to steal the elections.

PS heads up

Democratic Underground is expecting to be hacked again and has turned off new registrations. Now the KGB or GOP agents assigned to take it down have of course already registered so it wont help, expect ANY and ALL pro patriot sites, i.e. liberal sites to be hacked. We here are too small to be hacked. I do wonder if the internet itself will be interfered with at various places and levels, we will see.

Putin cannot and will not allow the patriots, the Dems to take power and see those tax returns along with everything else, or they will try hard not to. Think about what this week represents, Dems taking power allowing them to change everything AND Mueller issuing report showing GOP are traitors.

translation, expect the KGB (again, I refuse to use the new name they have that they have for the sole purpose of making us think they arent still the KGB but of course they are) to do drastic shit today, and the GOP...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:31 pm 
Political Junkie

I was voter #39 at my polling place this morning at 7:20 am. (D) votes cast for Governor and Attorney General. (R) votes for the rest.

A relative is running for one of the state offices and should win easily. Some close friends are on the ballot for state legislature that have kept themselves well-informed on issues and are always responsive to constituent concerns.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think you're both being dramatic Carmen. :|

That was an interesting article but i didn't see a strong link to Libertas' statement in it. I'm not at all at odd with the idea that Russia has done it and is trying to do it again, but I doubt that those visible observers are doing it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think you're both being dramatic Carmen.|

Lol so what.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

I was voter #39 at my polling place this morning at 7:20 am. (D) votes cast for Governor and Attorney General. (R) votes for the rest.

A relative is running for one of the state offices and should win easily. Some close friends are on the ballot for state legislature that have kept themselves well-informed on issues and are always responsive to constituent concerns.

:D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Not just GA, of course

All republicans are physical enemies of all patriots

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/techni ... ing-votes/

Quote:
Technicians scrambling to fix voting machines in South Carolina county after they’re caught changing votes

In this instance is it a heavily D voting area, if so then the hack done to the machines makes sense. We need to use NO machines ANYWHERE but only hand written and hand counted, someday maybe but not while we have actual Nazis running the system

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

So you voted in all cases but two for the party of xenophobia, antigay and antitrans legislation, putting accused rapists on the SCOTUS for life, oil drilling in the arctic, vote tampering, voter suppression, little kids in desert concentration camps, and literal KKK sloganeering.

Congratulations; nice job.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

So you voted in all cases but two for the party of xenophobia, antigay and antitrans legislation, putting accused rapists on the SCOTUS for life, oil drilling in the arctic, vote tampering, voter suppression, little kids in desert concentration camps, and literal KKK sloganeering.

Congratulations; nice job.

Llke we knew he would.

Your PHYSICAL enemy, voting for you to be HARMED, for me to be HARMED.

This is why refuse to even acknowledge their existence. It is gonna get WAY worse.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

I mailed my ballot in two weeks ago and on Saturday I checked the ROV online to see if they received it and they had. My vote should be included in one of the first voter totals they release.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

Cons dont care if they vote for racists, killers or any kind of criminal.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/G ... 02131.html

Quote:
GOP Rep. Chris Collins Will Remain on the Ballot After Insider Trading Charges

Case #2,879 of "if this was a Democrat the entire media and GOP would talk of NOTHING else"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

Rachel Maddow had a segment on her show and she mentioned it in her appearance on Jimmy Fallon's show about how California is really slow in counting their votes and it may take a week or a month before we know the outcome of the races. She wasn't entirely correct about that.

California processes mail ballot they received up until election day where they switch to processing in-person ballots. The numbers from the in-person, early voting, and previously received mail ballots are released throughout the night. Also, the voter rosters are scanned and updated to identify who has voted. The mail ballots dropped-off at the polls or drop-off locations are then processed and that takes time to compare the mail ballot envelopes to the voter registrations and to the voter rosters to ensure the voter hasn't voted in person at the poll or at another location. The county ROV's website are updated daily to show the current vote totals by race. The ROV and Secretary of State have 30 days to certify the election.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next