RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

Rachel Maddow had a segment on her show and she mentioned it in her appearance on Jimmy Fallon's show about how California is really slow in counting their votes and it may take a week or a month before we know the outcome of the races. She wasn't entirely correct about that.

California processes mail ballot they received up until election day where they switch to processing in-person ballots. The numbers from the in-person, early voting, and previously received mail ballots are released throughout the night. Also, the voter rosters are scanned and updated to identify who has voted. The mail ballots dropped-off at the polls or drop-off locations are then processed and that takes time to compare the mail ballot envelopes to the voter registrations and to the voter rosters to ensure the voter hasn't voted in person at the poll or at another location. The county ROV's website are updated daily to show the current vote totals by race. The ROV and Secretary of State have 30 days to certify the election.

Not sure what she meant or if she means certain types of votes, but we all know Rachel never lies, never misleads, not ever, not once.

She has a couple of times out of tens of thousands made mistakes and she cant WAIT to get on the air to correct them.

If she is incorrect she will be the first, always, to say so. I didnt hear what she said but as you pointed out certain votes do take time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

One thing I forgot to add that in California, every vote is counted even if it takes the full 30 days to do so unlike some other states.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

One thing I forgot to add that in California, every vote is counted even if it takes the full 30 days to do so unlike some other states.

Another reason why it can take longer in CA.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

From 538 election chat:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2 ... -coverage/

KRISTEN SOLTIS ANDERSON6:31 PM
With the large, glaring caveat that exit polls are still fluid and we should be cautious about drawing conclusions from them this early, if the figures hold, it would suggest that Democrats can expect a good evening. But it would also suggest a reasonably good night for pollsters, as the job approval figure and generic ballot figure in these early exits are not far off from the final polling averages. This also does not mean anything about the potential accuracy of polls in state and local races at this point. (Bear in mind that in 2016, the national polls showing Hillary Clinton with a slight lead were accurate in the sense that she did win the popular vote by a slim margin, but the state polling in many key “blue wall” states was what was off by sizable margins.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

See you all tonight

2018 Midterm Election Results

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... sults.html

I'm bumping the post to get it on the last page. It's about time to use the link. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

I cant do this, I just left rehearsal and now I will have dinner and play my racing game then sitcoms..

I dont like the feeling i have but then I am always half empty.

But I cant watch it while it happens, especially if the Nazi killers win.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:29 pm 
Political Junkie

I cant do this, I just left rehearsal and now I will have dinner and play my racing game then sitcoms..

I dont like the feeling i have but then I am always half empty.

But I cant watch it while it happens, especially if the Nazi killers win.

Spoiler alert.......

Spoiler alert.........

The Nazi killers pulled out the W in 1945.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

Not only this is a flip for the Dems but i'm also a huge Hurricanes fan congratulations Congresswoman Donna Shalala. :party:

Democrat Donna Shalala will flip Florida House seat: NBC News

Democrat Donna Shalala will win the race to replace retiring Florida Republican Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, apparently defeating Maria Elvira Salazar to flip a House seat that has long been a target of Democrats, NBC projects.

Shalala, 77, would be among the oldest freshman House members in history.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/06/democra ... trict.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:29 am 
Board Emeritus

Former Republican AG Grant Woods re-registers as Democrat

PHOENIX - Grant Woods, the former chief of staff for the late Senator John McCain, and the former two-term attorney general is now a registered Democrat telling KTAR that President Trump and the divisive rhetoric of the GOP is what sparked his decision to make the switch.

“I feel the party left me, and again I was always willing to fight it out within the party,” Woods told KTAR’s "Think Tank."

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoen ... s-democrat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:44 am 
Board Emeritus

Filp.

So Much For the Blue Wave

Attachment:
NV-blue-state-latinos.jpg
NV-blue-state-latinos.jpg [ 33.74 KiB | Viewed 504 times ]

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:58 am 
Board Emeritus

Spoiler alert.......

Spoiler alert.........

The Nazi killers pulled out the W in 1945.

Newsflash: 60,000 conservative whites just voted for a Nazi (R - Bergen Belsen) in Illinois not even a week ago.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Maine has gone from purple to blue. Jared Golden has defeated incumbent Bruce Poliquin in the run off ranked choice voting. :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:34 am 
Board Emeritus

Maine has gone from purple to blue. Jared Golden has defeated incumbent Bruce Poliquin in the run off ranked choice voting. :D

I saw that RitaAnn, I even put on my Men in Black sunglasses for the occasion. 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:51 am 
Board Emeritus

I saw that RitaAnn, I even put on my Men in Black sunglasses for the occasion. 8-)

:party:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:23 am 
Board Emeritus

All of New England appears to be blue. If I had LePage as a governor, I would sure celebrate his absence. :D

Nice work, Rita. You only have one left. :mrgreen:

It looks like I'm going to get stuck with deSantis. :( But, the Senate race ain't over till it's over. Hopefully, when it's all over, the undead will lose. We can hope.

It wasn't all bad in Florida. My part of the state went more blue, too. Alas, gerrymandering seems to have kept me stuck with this Diaz-Balart creep.

Now tell me there's no gerrymandering. See that elephant trunk sitting stuck shooting east out of the elephant head that's mostly to the west. I'm in the damn trunk. Stuck with a damn Diaz-Balart. (I at least like the one they occasionally have on MSNBC.)

District 26 and 27 finally got rid of their (Cuban) Republicans.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

BLUE BLUE BLUE

vs a party that now openly embraces KKK members, Nazis and openly violent racists...amazing. Joe, Glen and Ted support that by the way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Democrat Espy charges in debate that Sen. Hyde-Smith's public hanging comment gave Mississippi 'another black eye'

JACKSON, Miss. — Democrat Mike Espy ripped into GOP Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith Tuesday in their debate, accusing her of having given their state "another black eye" on racial issues when she said recently that she would attend a "public hanging" if invited.

Hyde-Smith had just finished defending her remarks after a question from one of the panelists as the two faced off one week before voters choose between them in next Tuesday's runoff election, the final contest of the midterm election season.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... ng-n938751

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:00 am 
Board Emeritus

Democrat Espy charges in debate that Sen. Hyde-Smith's public hanging comment gave Mississippi 'another black eye'

JACKSON, Miss. — Democrat Mike Espy ripped into GOP Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith Tuesday in their debate, accusing her of having given their state "another black eye" on racial issues when she said recently that she would attend a "public hanging" if invited.

Hyde-Smith had just finished defending her remarks after a question from one of the panelists as the two faced off one week before voters choose between them in next Tuesday's runoff election, the final contest of the midterm election season.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... ng-n938751

It might give us an additional Senate seat. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:03 pm 
Policy Wonk

pretty good article

Democrats need a bold agenda. Here’s what they should do in the first 100 days of Congress.

Quote:
As a result of the recent midterm elections, Democrats flipped nearly 40 congressional seats and will control the House of Representatives. Impressively, nearly 6 million more Americans voted for a Democrat to represent them in the House than who did for a Republican. Further, Democrats took over seven governor’s seats and won hundreds of legislative races in statehouses across the country. To a significant degree, the American people rejected President Trump’s agenda benefiting the wealthy and the powerful, as well as his racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia and religious bigotry.

But let me be clear: It is not good enough for Democrats to just be the anti-Trump party. If they want to keep and expand their majority in the House, take back the Senate and win the White House, Democrats must show the American people that they will aggressively stand up and fight for the working families of this country — black, white, Latino, Asian American or Native American, men and women, gay or straight. This means addressing the crisis of a broken criminal-justice system and reforming inhumane immigration policies. But it also means fighting to expand a middle class that has been disappearing for more than 40 years, reducing inequality in both income and wealth — which has disproportionately hurt African Americans and Hispanics — and aggressively combating climate change, the most urgent threat facing our planet...............

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

Nebraska Democrats to vote on whether to get rid of caucuses

Nebraska Democrats will decide next month whether to hold caucuses again or to return to a primary for the 2020 presidential election.

Feedback from party members has been roughly three-to-one in favor of getting rid of caucuses, said Chairwoman Jane Kleeb.

https://www.omaha.com/news/politics/neb ... a20a0.html

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

This might continue with the Senate in January.

Republicans were voted out in November — but they might be responsible for shutting down the government in December

Republicans were trounced in the 2018 midterm elections, but they still have one month left in their terms with a slate of legislation to pass.

A report from the New York Times gave a list of what the GOP must accomplish in the few weeks they have before the holiday break. Republicans must reauthorize the Farm Bill, pass the “largest federal criminal justice rewrite in a generation,” the Times said, and fund President Donald Trump’s border wall. Therein lies the problem.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/republ ... ifications

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:30 pm 
Policy Wonk

Democrats smash Watergate record for House popular vote in midterms

Quote:
Democrats won the House with the largest margin of victory in a midterms election for either party, according to NBC News election data.

While votes are still being tallied, Democratic House candidates currently hold an 8,805,130 vote lead over Republicans as of Monday morning. The Democrats' national margin of victory in House contests smashes the previous midterms record of 8.7 million votes in 1974, won just months after President Richard Nixon resigned from office in disgrace amid the Watergate scandal.

Of the more than 111 million votes cast in House races nationwide, Democrats took 53.1 percent — retaking control of the House of Representatives by flipping nearly 40 seats — while Republicans received 45.2 percent of the vote.................

and then there is voter suppression. almost 9 million more votes and then some

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker ... its-facing

Quote:
Judge: Voter Fraud Alarmist Group Can’t Drag Election Officials Into Lawsuit It’s Facing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

I know, he's such a $-P_I_G-$

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next