RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Democrats In A NY County Refuse To Pledge Loyalty To Candidates Just Because Party Endorses Them

A COUNTY DEMOCRATIC committee in New York voted down an extreme proposal on Tuesday night that would have required all members to pledge loyalty to candidates endorsed by the state, local, or national party.

Progressives on the committee in Chemung County, on the Pennsylvania border, viewed the proposed loyalty pledge as an attempt by establishment Democrats to silence their dissent; they spent the week leading up to the meeting organizing opposition from members of the 20-person committee.

https://theintercept.com/2018/05/09/new ... ty-pledge/

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

I would have to see a better source than theintercept.com before I would believe that it happened the way that report says it happened.

That was a terribly biased article which used loaded words that attempted to influence readers by using an appeal to emotion. There was not one bit of sourcing, and there could have been sourcing. They mentioned an e-mail and said they knew what it said, they could have shown it to me. There was a "paragraph" they could have quoted it so I could have read it.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:41 am 
Board Emeritus

http://www.chemungdems.org/ccdc/candida ... t-ed-bond/

Ed has a patent for a board game called MetaCheckers, which combines checkers, chess and dice. He will be launching a Kickstarter for a new version of the game, MetaCheckers: Soccer, later this year.
Ed co-wrote a story for “Star Trek: Voyager,” which aired in March 1996. In the episode, one of the characters uses the skills of an investigative reporter to expose a spy and save the ship.
Ed is an unapologetic sci-fi nerd, which is why he has launched his campaign on May 4: “May the FOURTH be with you!”.

If I lived in Chemung County, Ed Bond would have my vote.

That is all. :D