RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

This deserves it's own thread pin it.

Marianne Williamson, Friend of Oprah, Is Running for President

Oprah Winfrey might not be running for office in 2020, but that doesn’t mean she won’t have links to the White House. Her friend, Marianne Williamson, announced on Friday that she intends to make her own presidential bid.

Williamson is a best-selling author and a well-known spiritual guru. Her first book, A Return to Love—which details how love can be applied to finding inner peace—was a best-seller and was featured on the Oprah Winfrey Show in 1992. She’s also known for her charity work; she founded HIV/AIDS centers during the AIDS crisis, founded Project Angel Food in Los Angeles, and has supported many racial justice and feminist issues.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/1 ... ident-2020

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

;)

:)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

That would not be the first person I would expect to start off this thread.

BTW, she may be an awesome spiritual guru, but I'm not sure why she would be a better POTUS than Oprah, who I'm also not supporting.

I still think these speculations are close to pointless. I would wait till some candidates actually announce, and that may not be that far off.

We've already had one announcement, Major Dick, even if it was underwhelming.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

The OP and the resident sycophant who chimed in are really just being jerks to Libertas in this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

;)

:)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

The OP and the resident sycophant who chimed in are really just being jerks to Libertas in this thread.

huh, what did I miss, this thread?

Hey, if they are being jerks to me that means my TRUTH is pissing them off.

For instance, is there a SINGLE accusation I have made in the past 2 years that can now be said was hyperbole or not true?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Perhaps most of them,, many.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

How Early Voting Could Turn the Democratic 2020 Race on Its Head

Don’t be shocked when presidential hopefuls’ usual Des Moines–to–Manchester route adds a few stops in Los Angeles, Austin, and Chicago this time around.

That’s because when next year’s Democratic primary process gets started, it sure looks like the voting, and the all-important delegate counting, won’t actually, technically start in Iowa. Instead, because of early-voting rules, the increasing popularity of early voting, and a reshuffled primary calendar, a handful of huge, diverse states could see troves of ballots returned even before some of the traditional small and largely white early-voting states do — a shift that just might herald real changes to the way Democrats nominate their presidential pick, and quite possibly the nominee’s identity.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/11/ ... -head.html

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:05 am 
Board Emeritus

How Early Voting Could Turn the Democratic 2020 Race on Its Head

Don’t be shocked when presidential hopefuls’ usual Des Moines–to–Manchester route adds a few stops in Los Angeles, Austin, and Chicago this time around.

That’s because when next year’s Democratic primary process gets started, it sure looks like the voting, and the all-important delegate counting, won’t actually, technically start in Iowa. Instead, because of early-voting rules, the increasing popularity of early voting, and a reshuffled primary calendar, a handful of huge, diverse states could see troves of ballots returned even before some of the traditional small and largely white early-voting states do — a shift that just might herald real changes to the way Democrats nominate their presidential pick, and quite possibly the nominee’s identity.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/11/ ... -head.html

I saw this, "California — the state with the most delegates up for grabs — will start the very morning of Iowa’s evening caucuses, the traditional kickoff."

Lucy would be thrilled to play California. Charley Brown would be Iowa.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Schatz: Dems will nominate a progressive in 2020

Sen. Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii) said a progressive would be nominated as the Democratic Party’s presidential nominee in 2020 but that it would not signify a battle with centrists.

“…we must reject the premise that this is a fight between moderates and progressives. We are going to nominate a progressive,” Schatz said in a lengthy twitter thread.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... ve-in-2020

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Schatz: Dems will nominate a progressive in 2020

Sen. Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii) said a progressive would be nominated as the Democratic Party’s presidential nominee in 2020 but that it would not signify a battle with centrists.

“…we must reject the premise that this is a fight between moderates and progressives. We are going to nominate a progressive,” Schatz said in a lengthy twitter thread.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... ve-in-2020

He's good people. Promotes hope and civility. :)

"Schatz, one of the earliest supporters of Barack Obama for president, founded a group with other Hawaii Democrats in December 2006 to urge Obama to run. Schatz said, "For the last six years we've been governed by fear, fear of terrorists, fear of other countries, even fear of the other party...everyone is governing by fear and Barack Obama changes all of that. He wants to govern the United States by hope."[23] In 2008, Schatz worked as spokesman for Obama's campaign in Hawaii.[24]" -- Obviously a Wikipedia quote.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

He's good people. Promotes hope and civility. :)

"Civility" is Uptown Klan/White Citizen's Council. It doesn't have to be, but that's the way you guys use it...as a bat to try and beat imagined internet opponents.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

"Civility" is Uptown Klan/White Citizen's Council. It doesn't have to be, but that's the way you guys use it...as a bat to try and beat imagined internet opponents.

Carmen, civility is not "uptown Klan/White Citizen's Council." :|

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

Carmen, civility is not "uptown Klan/White Citizen's Council." :|

Says MLKs white moderate.

As I said already, it does not have to be that. But that's the way you and the rest of the cons have used it since some time in 1492.

Nobody has to comply with your demands.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

Cory Booker says 'I will consider running for president' after just campaigning for Democrats in 24 states

WASHINGTON — U.S. Sen. Cory Booker just visited 24 -- count 'em, 24 -- states stumping for Democrats in the midterm elections.

He contributed $686,000 to House and Senate candidates across the nation.

https://www.nj.com/expo/news/erry-2018/ ... onsid.html

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Cory Booker says 'I will consider running for president' after just campaigning for Democrats in 24 states

WASHINGTON — U.S. Sen. Cory Booker just visited 24 -- count 'em, 24 -- states stumping for Democrats in the midterm elections.

He contributed $686,000 to House and Senate candidates across the nation.

https://www.nj.com/expo/news/erry-2018/ ... onsid.html

That's fine. We need a backup candidate like him running behind Kamala Harris. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:26 am 
Board Emeritus

:lol:

Kapos were forced to do the bidding of Nazis, making you amoral. You're on the level of Percy Greene.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:15 am 
Board Emeritus

Kapos were forced to do the bidding of Nazis, making you amoral. You're on the level of Percy Greene.

Yup, yup, yup!

On edit, Percy Greene's Wikipedia page says:

"While Greene claimed he stood for equal rights, justice and opportunities for all and talked about the Mississippi poll tax and the intimidation blacks suffered at the polls, he was a paid informant for the Sovereignty Commission. Many he informed upon were killed, including Medger Evers. Information, including checks written to him we're discovered long after his death. He spoke all over Mississippi and was recognized in the Pittsburgh Courier for being on their "Top Ten Honor Roll" two years in a row. Eventually he began speaking in Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, and Washington D.C.[citation needed]"

It certainly does need a citation for something like that.

It also says:

"President Harry S. Truman, after hearing about Greene’s speech, called the Jackson Advocate office and asked what Percy needed in Mississippi and how he could help. Greene said "We need the vote Mr. President. We need the vote…without intimidation, or poll tax... we need the right to vote and the protection of the federal government." The following year, 1948, Percy Green was photographed as he voted for the first time. By 1948, the Advocate circulated 3,000 papers and rose to 10,000 in 1973. Percy Greene died on April 16, 1977 having never been accountable for his treacherous acts."

That's really strange writing for an encyclopedia. That last clause is a big red flag.

"... having never been accountable for his treacherous acts." <<: Red Flag!

Carmen are you sure Greene was a bad guy?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:57 am 
Board Emeritus

Carmen are you sure Greene was a bad guy?

The Commission was a taxpayer-funded state-level operation intended to maintain segregation, and was not formally disbanded until 1977. The Mississippi Sovereignty Commission Online at the Mississippi Department of Archives and History has scans of the checks he was given by the Commission. They also have a heck of a lot more related items, including the correspondences between Mr. Greene and the Commission over the decades it was in operation, as well as hundreds of clippings from planted articles mentioning his opposition to integration and the NAACP, SCLC, SNCC, etc.

I've been going through it for the past decade. The knowledge you seek cannot always be found in Wikipedia.

This guy cashed checks from the Commission - they're online for all to see. So you tell me, as we're going into a deeply racially-charged runoff election for Mississippi senator in two days.

Anyway, glad you had the wherewithal to learn something about Percy Greene and another case of treason by grandstanding ostensible liberals in bed with conservative whites. It's not a matter of whether I'm sure. The historical record speaks to what you and toothy-grinned, capitulating opportunists with your elitist attitudes are with or without me. The NAACP was on to him as early as 1958, at least, and this public knowlege was in the mainstream press as well the Black press of which he was an individual representative. So his treacherous behavior with the Commission was no secret.

You might also consider that the Commission employed almost identical smear and story-planting tactics in print and in the press that the IRA employs, today online and in social media.

MLK white moderates are even worse than the Percy Greenes and Richard Aokis of the world, guys who didn't have full citizenship rights at the time. You guys admonishing people without full citizenship rights to be "civil" are the key to why inequality persists, despite your loud protests and proclamations of your liberalism; it's your role.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:19 am 
Board Emeritus

Interesting figure.

Found a better encyclopedia. (I like Wiki, but it's a beginning point.)

https://mississippiencyclopedia.org/ent ... cy-greene/

By the 1950s Greene’s position on segregation and civil rights led to a split with much of the African American community. He and others in Mississippi’s small black middle class wanted to see the status quo maintained. He supported voting rights and equal education for blacks as necessary to social progress but believed that segregation should continue. Greene subscribed to Booker T. Washington’s accommodationist philosophy and believed that blacks and whites could live peacefully in separate but equal environments and that African American advancement depended on maintaining southern whites’ goodwill. Furthermore, he opposed the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and other civil rights organizations.

His position on civil rights caused many members of the African American community to cancel their subscriptions to the Advocate, and by the late 1950s his newspaper was in financial jeopardy. He accepted funding from the Citizens’ Council and the Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission, which used the Advocate as a mouthpiece in favor of segregation. He opposed African Americans’ civil rights for the remainder of his life, a position that damaged his paper’s credibility. Greene suffered a heart attack in 1976 and subsequently sold the newspaper to Charles W. Tisdale, and it continues to publish today. In 1977 Pres. Jimmy Carter posthumously honored Greene’s service in the armed forces.

[snip][end]

Looks like the stuff about Aoki did not come out until after his death (2009), in 2012. BTW, I guess this might be why they covered up that his death was due to suicide ... ?

Last edited by ProfessorX on Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:20 am 
Board Emeritus

The Commission was a taxpayer-funded state-level operation intended to maintain segregation, and was not formally disbanded until 1977. The Mississippi Sovereignty Commission Online at the Mississippi Department of Archives and History has scans of the checks he was given by the Commission. They also have a heck of a lot more related items, including the correspondences between Mr. Greene and the Commission over the decades it was in operation, as well as hundreds of clippings from planted articles mentioning his opposition to integration and the NAACP, SCLC, SNCC, etc.

I've been going through it for the past decade. The knowledge you seek cannot always be found in Wikipedia.

This guy cashed checks from the Commission - they're online for all to see. So you tell me, as we're going into a deeply racially-charged runoff election for Mississippi senator in two days.

Anyway, glad you had the wherewithal to learn something about Percy Greene and another case of treason by grandstanding ostensible liberals in bed with conservative whites. It's not a matter of whether I'm sure. The historical record speaks to what you and toothy-grinned, capitulating opportunists with your elitist attitudes are with or without me. The NAACP was on to him as early as 1958, at least, and this public knowlege was in the mainstream press as well the Black press of which he was an individual representative. So his treacherous behavior with the Commission was no secret.

You might also consider that the Commission employed almost identical smear and story-planting tactics in print and in the press that the IRA employs, today online and in social media.

MLK white moderates are even worse than the Percy Greenes and Richard Aokis of the world, guys who didn't have full citizenship rights at the time. You guys admonishing people without full citizenship rights to be "civil" are the key to why inequality persists, despite your loud protests and proclamations of your liberalism; it's your role.

I'm glad you had that information because I didn't. If someone doesn't go to Wikipedia and cite that paragraph they'll scrape it out of that article page.

Now to get to the subject of what I am, and it's going to go full circle and get back to what you are.

I'm a fine person and I vote Democrat. I've not a care in the world about that changing. But I feel you're attempting to manipulate me with that age old, "you're either with us or you're against us" implied threat drone. Age old stuff. Much older than settlement in the new world.

It's every kind of bigot crap. Race bigots especially use it on their peers to keep them in line. I'm often perceived to be white and Christian because I can pass. I don't even have to try to pass, they pass me at their instance because it would disturb their eyes if I were not.

A few times a white race bigot has oozed up to my side and has warned me about evil people. Has told me what those evil traitors to the race have done, and what happened to them as a result. They were usually killed. Has told me I needed to decide who's side I was on. "you're either with us or you're against us". Made sure I knew no one was going to trust or like ever again if I didn't choose the their light.

Creepy only two sides and only two ways to be, Black or White.

Why do you sound like them?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:53 am 
Board Emeritus

I'm glad you had that information because I didn't. If someone doesn't go to Wikipedia and cite that paragraph they'll scrape it out of that article page.

It's going to go full circle and get back to what you are.

Of course it will. You know I am but what are you. Or whatever. :problem:

You defend the voting habits of perps but run around calling yourself a victim. Classic MLK white moderate.

Quote:
Actually, we who engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive. We bring it out in the open, where it can be seen and dealt with. Like a boil that can never be cured so long as it is covered up but must be opened with all its ugliness to the natural medicines of air and light, injustice must be exposed, with all the tension its exposure creates, to the light of human conscience and the air of national opinion before it can be cured.

People like you and your imbecilic, pernicious civility are the reason it's not been cured.

You could learn quite a bit by paging through the archives of Mississippi Sovereignty Commission yourself, and seeing what the fruits of these demands for civility with white cons looks like. The cost of your civility was paid for, often in the literal blood of African Americans like Medgar Evers.

It's not fun to use, it's not easy to use, it's not at all intuitive, and the links are neither persistent nor permanent. But it is a massive treasure trove of Uptown Klan civility.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:43 am 
Board Emeritus

Your MLK quote:

Quote:
Actually, we who engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive. We bring it out in the open, where it can be seen and dealt with. Like a boil that can never be cured so long as it is covered up but must be opened with all its ugliness to the natural medicines of air and light, injustice must be exposed, with all the tension its exposure creates, to the light of human conscience and the air of national opinion before it can be cured.

That's pretty darned civil.

What are you nattering on about here Carmen?

"People like you and your imbecilic, pernicious civility are the reason it's not been cured."

That's about you, it's not about me. :|

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

That's pretty darned civil.

It's got nothing to do with civility, it's a critique of it.

How come you haven't visited the Mississippi Sovereignty Commission website?

Is it because you really are that ossified in what you think you know, and have rendered yourself incapable of learning anything new about the country your relatives migrated to?

Quote:
That's about you, it's not about me. :|

Sure it is. You're glue, everyone else on earth is rubber.

You guys thought to take a swipe at Libertas with this thread at the self-same time you bitch and moan about "callouts" of other threads.

Don't ever lecture me or anyone else here about civility again, and don't use MLK quotes about people like you to do it, either. You're demonstrating exactly what MLK white moderate civility is, and how it operates.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next