RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Massachusetts Rep. Seth Moulton will travel to Iowa as he considers 2020 run

Massachusetts U.S. Rep. Seth Moulton will travel to Iowa later this month to meet with Democratic activists and leaders as he considers a run for president.

Moulton, a Democrat, told BuzzFeed News that he's weighing a possible 2020 run.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 155846002/

He's one of those who opposed Nancy Pelosi.

:|

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:24 am 
Board Emeritus

The official announcement took place this morning. Can't always go by text messages. :D

Beto O’Rourke Is Running For President
The 46-year-old former congressman brought the state of Texas into play for Democrats for the first time in a generation.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/beto-oro ... a693c17f35

That conflict offered a likely preview of how O’Rourke will position himself as a champion of the border. A week later, he released a 10-point immigration reform plan that called for legalizing the status of undocumented immigrants, liberalizing the asylum system to guarantee protections for women fleeing abusive relationships and ending the global war on drugs.

[snip][end]

Be interesting to see. He doesn't take PAC money, he energizes young people and the Hispanic vote, he can put Texas in play ... don't see a path to the nomination, but hey, join the chorus.

The purity left doesn't like his impurity. It doesn't bother me. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:29 am 
Board Emeritus

[from Wiki]
In a March 2016 interview with The Boston Globe, Moulton compared the rise of the Republican presidential front-runner, Donald Trump, with Adolf Hitler's rise to power in the 1930s. Moulton said that, in order to understand how an educated society "can elect a demagogue," voters should read about how the German people elected Hitler in the early 20th century.

[snip]

Moulton is a member of the New Democrat Coalition, a congressional caucus made up of Democrats who support an agenda described as "moderate", "pro-growth", and "fiscally responsible".
[end]

Well ... he's not wrong, but nothing about his views or background puts him at the front of the pack for me. He appears to be a "New" Democrat.

Ehhhh. Feh. Meh. All I've got.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:26 am 
Board Emeritus

Fox News is running a headline, "Rosario Dawson confesses to Cory Booker romance: ‘He's a wonderful human being’"

Other outlets are running a less sensational versions of that so I suppose the "romance" part might be true.

That's that for Cory if it is, he'll get his last name back when he becomes mature enough to be the President. Can you imagine the never ending gossip about that relationship. I don't see a person thinking about anything but his own self aggrandizement. He was back burnner but now he's toast.

I remember what dear darling Gary Hart's "romance" cost us. Probably both Bushes. W wouldn't have made it if his father hadn't made it there first.

I'm not voting for that kind of shit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

No.

88-Year-Old Mike Gravel Is the Latest Teen Sensation

Mike Gravel was a Democratic senator from Alaska from 1969-1981. He’s currently 88-years-old and, reportedly, thinking about running for president.

On Tuesday night, “#Gravel2020” popped up out of nowhere on the long-dormant @MikeGravel Twitter account. A few minutes later, a post laid out what it claimed were Gravel’s presidential intentions. “I am considering running in the 2020 Democratic primary,” it read. “The goal will not be to win, but to bring a critique of American imperialism to the Democratic debate stage. The website (mikegravel.org) is under construction. Official announcement will be in the coming days.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 20-810542/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

I got briefly excited by Gravel in 2008 when I heard he was running. Some really neat ideas. Citizen referendums. Etc.

Then, dunno. He turned into some bizarre curmudgeon. Basically became a Libertarian. Went on senseless rants. Started running bizarre Zen-like campaign ads that made no sense.

Doesn't seem to me like he's returned from the deep end. Not interested in his second attempt, especially at his advanced age, now.

Maybe he can be Marianne Williamson's running mate. :roll:

Oh, and BTW, AFAICT, nobody's announced that Kirsten Gillibrand is now officially running ... so I will ... she is. OK, I know, I also am fighting to contain my excitement. :) (Yes, l'Affaire Franken, still leaves some bitter taste in my mouth, I'll leave it at that.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:19 am 
Board Emeritus

Florida Mayor Wayne Messam announces 2020 presidential bid

(CNN) Wayne Messam, the little-known mayor of Miramar, Florida, announced Thursday that he is running for president, launching a campaign that will look to accomplish the unlikely: Turning the mayor of the 140,000-person town into the next president of the United States.

Messam, in a highly produced video released to CNN, tells voters that he is running for president and rails against what he calls a "broken" federal government in Washington, DC.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/28/politics ... index.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:23 am 
Board Emeritus

I know who he is, he happens to be my stepmom's Mayor. (I don't know if she voted for him.)

But other than that, yeah, the rest of the country is going "Who?"

At least his name is easier to pronounce than "Buttigieg".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:00 am 
Board Emeritus

Miami to Host First Democratic Presidential Debate

Miami will be the site of the first Democratic presidential debate.

That's according to NBC, whose NBC News, MSNBC and Telemundo platforms will be carrying the kickoff to the 2020 election cycle.

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/ ... ial-debate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Detroit to host 2020 Democratic presidential debate in July

WASHINGTON – Detroit will play host to the second televised debate among a crowded field of Democratic presidential candidates in late July, the Free Press has learned.

The Democratic National Committee told the Free Press on Tuesday that the debate — which could include as many as 20 candidates vying to take on President Donald Trump next year —- will be held over two nights, July 30 and 31, if both nights are deemed necessary as expected.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 341724002/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Kansas City Primary Election Results 2019

https://www.kcur.org/post/kansas-city-p ... 9#stream/0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:58 am 
Board Emeritus

Reports: Rep. Tim Ryan will announce presidential campaign

Rep. Tim Ryan, D-Ohio, will announce that he plans to run for president today, according to his hometown paper.

Ryan will announce his decision on “The View” on ABC, The Vindicator reported, citing sources close to the congressman. A rally in downtown Youngstown will follow on Saturday.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/campaigns ... l-campaign

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:12 am 
Board Emeritus

Swalwell running for White House on gun control: report

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) will reportedly announce next week that he is running for president in 2020 and will center his campaign around gun control.

The Atlantic reported Thursday that Swalwell will announce his plans during an appearance on CBS's "The Late Show With Stephen Colbert," where he will be joined by Cameron Kasky, a survivor of the 2018 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... rol-report

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Washington Democrats choose presidential primary for 2020, ditching precinct caucuses

In less than a year, Washington state’s Democrats and Republicans will both — for the first time — cast their ballots in a meaningful presidential primary.

The state Democratic Party on Sunday voted to use a primary election to allocate Washington’s presidential delegates. The Republicans, who also used a primary in 2016, had previously committed to doing so again in 2020.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... -caucuses/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:52 am 
Board Emeritus

Five former Obama ambassadors back Buttigieg

A group of five former ambassadors who served under former President Obama are lining up behind Pete Buttigieg, giving the South Bend, Ind. mayor a jolt of institutional fundraising support amid his meteoric rise in the Democratic presidential primary.

The Obama diplomats - Timothy Broas (Netherlands), John Phillips (Italy), Tod Sedgwick (Slovakia), David Jacobson (Canada) and Bill Eacho (Austria) – raised millions of dollars for the Obama-Biden ticket in 2008 and 2012.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... -buttigieg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:37 am 
Board Emeritus

Joe is all in.

Biden Expected To Launch Presidential Campaign Next Week

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Vice President Joe Biden is expected to join the crowded 2020 Democratic presidential field next week.

The decision answers one of the most significant outstanding questions of the early presidential primary season, which has already seen announcements from 18 other Democrats. Biden, 76, would be the most experienced politician in the race, and the second oldest, after 77-year-old Bernie Sanders.

https://www.ktsa.com/biden-expected-to- ... next-week/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:10 am 
Board Emeritus

I want to point out that Joe has still not actually announced that he's running.

Fool me once, fool me twice ... fool me for the umpteenth time. :|

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:09 am 
Board Emeritus

Rep. Seth Moulton announces 2020 presidential run

(CNN) Massachusetts Rep. Seth Moulton is the latest Democrat to enter the 2020 presidential race, launching a longshot bid Monday that would make the 40-year-old Marine Corps veteran the youngest president in American history.

"I am here to tell you and to tell America that I am running for President of the United States," Moulton said in an interview on ABC's "Good Morning America" set to air Monday. "And I am running because I am a patriot, because I believe in this country and because I have never wanted to sit on the sidelines when it comes to serving it. That is why I joined that Marines, it is why I ran for Congress to try to prevent what I saw got us into Iraq from happening again, and it is why I am running to take on the most divisive president in American history to bring this country back together."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/22/politics ... urce=twCNN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

New Hampshire senator to call on 2020 Democrats to support repeal of voter residency law

Washington (CNN)Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-New Hampshire, plans to send 2020 Democratic presidential candidates a letter Monday, urging them to sign a petition condemning a state law that would require college students to be a permanent resident of the state to vote.

"I am asking every candidate for President to stand up for these students, condemning these tactics and protecting the integrity of New Hampshire's voting process by signing a petition publicly denouncing this voter suppression law," Shaheen, the state's senior senator, writes in a letter she intends to send to all 18 declared candidates Monday morning.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/21/politics ... index.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:10 am 
Board Emeritus

Ex-Vice President Biden launches 2020 presidential campaign

WASHINGTON — Former Vice President Joe Biden formally joined the crowded Democratic presidential contest on Thursday, betting that his working-class appeal and ties to Barack Obama’s presidency will help him overcome questions about his place in today’s increasingly liberal Democratic Party.

He made his announcement in a video posted on Twitter.

https://wreg.com/2019/04/25/ex-vice-pre ... -campaign/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:29 am 
Board Emeritus

We need the video.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

It's a pretty good video. He went right to the nut, who we are.

He didn't talk about flying unicorns at all. He's aiming it all to undoing Trump.

Kamala Harris is younger, has more energy. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:12 am 
Board Emeritus

We need the video.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

It's a pretty good video. He went right to the nut, who we are.

He didn't talk about flying unicorns at all. He's aiming it all to undoing Trump.

Kamala Harris is younger, has more energy. :D

We need her in the Senate.

I mean, obviously, if she is the nominee I will vote for her, having voted for her in every election she's run in, and I like her a lot. But I wish she would have waited until 2024, tbh.

But omg I would love to see her smack Donald Trump around in a debate!

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

We need her in the Senate.

I mean, obviously, if she is the nominee I will vote for her, having voted for her in every election she's run in, and I like her a lot. But I wish she would have waited until 2024, tbh.

But omg I would love to see her smack Donald Trump around in a debate!

I love Joe, I do.

He is the LAST person we need at the moment to go against VICIOUS MASS KILLING NAZI FASCIST TRAITORS which rump and mcconnell and barr ALL ARE. We need someone who will NOT say "well I know you mean well, Donald, but"

NO, he doesnt mean well. And I can see Joe saying that shit.

Obviously if he is the nominee I will support him bigly,

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:44 am 
Board Emeritus

Corporate America Criticized by 2020 Democrats at Nevada Forum

Democrats seeking their party’s presidential nomination used a forum Saturday to criticize U.S. corporations for not doing enough to support their workers and called for more restrictions on companies that try to stifle union organizing.

The gathering, just east of the fabled Strip in Las Vegas, was sponsored by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. It represented the most extensive single test yet of the 2020 field on issues relating to labor, a key constituency for the Democratic Party.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... vada-forum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:01 am 
Board Emeritus

A Democratic fiscal manifesto

What should a Democratic presidential candidate's economic policy look like? The field is now up to 20 candidates, with Joe Biden the latest big name to declare that he's running.

The state of play: While Elizabeth Warren and Andrew Yang have carved out a niche for themselves as the wonks of the race, most of the rest are light on detail, especially when it comes to fiscal policy.

https://www.axios.com/2020-presidential ... a20af.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next