RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Massachusetts Rep. Seth Moulton will travel to Iowa as he considers 2020 run

Massachusetts U.S. Rep. Seth Moulton will travel to Iowa later this month to meet with Democratic activists and leaders as he considers a run for president.

Moulton, a Democrat, told BuzzFeed News that he's weighing a possible 2020 run.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 155846002/

He's one of those who opposed Nancy Pelosi.

:|

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:24 am 
Board Emeritus

The official announcement took place this morning. Can't always go by text messages. :D

Beto O’Rourke Is Running For President
The 46-year-old former congressman brought the state of Texas into play for Democrats for the first time in a generation.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/beto-oro ... a693c17f35

That conflict offered a likely preview of how O’Rourke will position himself as a champion of the border. A week later, he released a 10-point immigration reform plan that called for legalizing the status of undocumented immigrants, liberalizing the asylum system to guarantee protections for women fleeing abusive relationships and ending the global war on drugs.

[snip][end]

Be interesting to see. He doesn't take PAC money, he energizes young people and the Hispanic vote, he can put Texas in play ... don't see a path to the nomination, but hey, join the chorus.

The purity left doesn't like his impurity. It doesn't bother me. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:29 am 
Board Emeritus

[from Wiki]
In a March 2016 interview with The Boston Globe, Moulton compared the rise of the Republican presidential front-runner, Donald Trump, with Adolf Hitler's rise to power in the 1930s. Moulton said that, in order to understand how an educated society "can elect a demagogue," voters should read about how the German people elected Hitler in the early 20th century.

[snip]

Moulton is a member of the New Democrat Coalition, a congressional caucus made up of Democrats who support an agenda described as "moderate", "pro-growth", and "fiscally responsible".
[end]

Well ... he's not wrong, but nothing about his views or background puts him at the front of the pack for me. He appears to be a "New" Democrat.

Ehhhh. Feh. Meh. All I've got.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:26 am 
Board Emeritus

Fox News is running a headline, "Rosario Dawson confesses to Cory Booker romance: ‘He's a wonderful human being’"

Other outlets are running a less sensational versions of that so I suppose the "romance" part might be true.

That's that for Cory if it is, he'll get his last name back when he becomes mature enough to be the President. Can you imagine the never ending gossip about that relationship. I don't see a person thinking about anything but his own self aggrandizement. He was back burnner but now he's toast.

I remember what dear darling Gary Hart's "romance" cost us. Probably both Bushes. W wouldn't have made it if his father hadn't made it there first.

I'm not voting for that kind of shit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

No.

88-Year-Old Mike Gravel Is the Latest Teen Sensation

Mike Gravel was a Democratic senator from Alaska from 1969-1981. He’s currently 88-years-old and, reportedly, thinking about running for president.

On Tuesday night, “#Gravel2020” popped up out of nowhere on the long-dormant @MikeGravel Twitter account. A few minutes later, a post laid out what it claimed were Gravel’s presidential intentions. “I am considering running in the 2020 Democratic primary,” it read. “The goal will not be to win, but to bring a critique of American imperialism to the Democratic debate stage. The website (mikegravel.org) is under construction. Official announcement will be in the coming days.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 20-810542/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

I got briefly excited by Gravel in 2008 when I heard he was running. Some really neat ideas. Citizen referendums. Etc.

Then, dunno. He turned into some bizarre curmudgeon. Basically became a Libertarian. Went on senseless rants. Started running bizarre Zen-like campaign ads that made no sense.

Doesn't seem to me like he's returned from the deep end. Not interested in his second attempt, especially at his advanced age, now.

Maybe he can be Marianne Williamson's running mate. :roll:

Oh, and BTW, AFAICT, nobody's announced that Kirsten Gillibrand is now officially running ... so I will ... she is. OK, I know, I also am fighting to contain my excitement. :) (Yes, l'Affaire Franken, still leaves some bitter taste in my mouth, I'll leave it at that.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7